Negativity on the forum

Options

Replies

• badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    What would some of you do if presented with a book?

What sort of book?

Twilight? Throw it out
    Danielle Steele? Burn it.
    Medical textbook? Read every last word.
    Spy novel? Cancel my dates, I'm reading.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    "I like pizza."
    This sentence is ALWAYS worthwhile...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    What would some of you do if presented with a book?

What sort of book?

Twilight? Throw it out
    Danielle Steele? Burn it.
    Medical textbook? Read every last word.

I will read the ever loving **** out of some medical textbooks :glasses:
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I understand what your saying however do you think your post was better than any of the others? I'm sincerely being respectful but I think this has been beaten to death, and you agree it has. Too. Sorry sweetie I just think this is the same thing but written just a little bit better
    Maybe. I naively thought it was different. Not better. As someone who has used the "get a thicker skin" argument in the past, the realization that I cannot command someone to be less sensitive was an a-ha moment for me. I used to argue that point a lot here on MFP. But I'm trying to understand how people get hurt/offended so easily. I'm trying to meet people half-way and was encouraging the same.

I do type fast, though, which often results in a wall of text. I don't mind reading long passages of text online. I forget other do. Apologies for the torrent. As someone posted, I guess I do like the sound of my own typing :drinker: . My singing voice is slightly better. I'm bummed my point is lost on some due to sheer length. I'll work on being more succinct. Thanks for the lesson tonight. I should go lift some weights.
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I understand what your saying however do you think your post was better than any of the others? I'm sincerely being respectful but I think this has been beaten to death, and you agree it has. Too. Sorry sweetie I just think this is the same thing but written just a little bit better
    Maybe. I naively thought it was different. Not better. As someone who has used the "get a thicker skin" argument in the past, the realization that I cannot command someone to be less sensitive was an a-ha moment for me. I used to argue that point a lot here on MFP. But I'm trying to understand how people get hurt/offended so easily. I'm trying to meet people half-way and was encouraging the same.

I do type fast, though, which often results in a wall of text. I don't mind reading long passages of text online. I forget other do. Apologies for the torrent. As someone posted, I guess I do like the sound of my own typing :drinker: . My singing voice is slightly better. I'm bummed my point is lost on some due to sheer length. I'll work on being more succinct. Thanks for the lesson tonight. I should go lift some weights.

I'm sorry your thread wasn't taken seriously. Would have been a better blog.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Round robin Kum Bah Yah starts in 30 minutes... :bigsmile:

Can we have a campfire? I've got marshmallows!
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    WOOOT! I read the entire post and it was amazing. :) I love you!

I get so tired of people picking sides and jumping all over people... its just the internet and the entire issue brought up creates more of it!

*sniffles* Bravo! Bravo! *tear*
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    WOOOT! I read the entire post and it was amazing. :) I love you!

I get so tired of people picking sides and jumping all over people... its just the internet and the entire issue brought up creates more of it!

*sniffles* Bravo! Bravo! *tear*

quit taking his side
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Did anyone look at the sheer length of that and go oh hell no?

Sure did! TL;DR
  • kennethmgreen
    Options
    I'm sorry your thread wasn't taken seriously. Would have been a better blog.
    Yep. You are right. Honestly, my post began life as a response in a particular thread that got locked. I almost always compose responses in a text editor, then paste them in. After the thread was locked, I kept coming back to it - partly why it got so long. I should have just saved it for a blog post or something. Or even just deleted it. I've said most of that stuff before. Oh well. I'm on kid duty tonight, watching five girls aged 7-10. What else am I gonna do but hang out on MFP?
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Reading is fundamental. :indifferent:

Kum Ba Ya..
  • kennethmgreen
    Options
    My eyes skipped to the word "jerky" and then I stopped because I am a vegan.
    This was awesome.
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    tldr.jpg
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    tldr.jpg

Too Lazy;Didn't Reply? I'm assuming that's what that stands for since you didn't even bother to post using actual words :P ;)
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I just read Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series (8 books) in a week? No pictures even.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Too long to read.... next~!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    tldr.jpg

Too Lazy;Didn't Reply? I'm assuming that's what that stands for since you didn't even bother to post using actual words :P ;)
    Too long; didn't read
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    9089617.jpg
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Bacon.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    So....should I eat my exercise calories or not?