Is it possible?

Options
My friend just said to me like 2 mins ago...i find it impossible but is it?
I have just complained about being at 75 kilos for about 8 months and my body is being a ***** and wont drop unless i ddint eat....I was stressed out and lost my apatite for 2 weeks and i finally got under....i have no idea what I am now because my scales aren't here.....so anyway.... her statement was
"well maybe thats just meant to be your size it might be your bodys way of saying enough this is good"
my reply to this was "my body can kiss my fat *kitten*!" I dont actually have a fat *kitten*, just a gut!

Replies

• dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If you can't lose unless you really starve yourself, most likely you aren't eating enough in the first place.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have trialled that aswell!
    I ate over my calorie limit and my exercise calories and still it didnt budge.
    I cut exercise and just ate healthy and that didnt work.
    I exercise extremely and eat healthy and maintain my exercise calories and it still didnt work.
    My stupidity just really wants to burn every calorie I eat and then say bite me to food because it seems no matter what I try its biting me on the *kitten*......
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    How many calories were you eating when you ate over your calorie limit? And how long did you try it for?
    Also how tall are you
  • leslturn8
    Options
    My cal limit was 1230, I was eating about 1500 thats with burning 250 cals. I did this for 2 months as I was doing Michelle Bridges work out book crunch time. I am 5 foot 6 inchs
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just for the sake of trying something new, boost your calories up to 1800-2000 for a couple of weeks, following the 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat that many of the really successful people on here keep to. If everything else hasn't worked, what have you got to lose, right?

You can do it - you just need to mix things up. Your body is telling you it's had enough of the way things have been - time to try something new.

:smile:
  • MeechoXD
    Options
    I HATE it when people say that. I think they believe the weight you are at is "good enough" and that's why they say things like that. I have had people tell me that too and it makes me so furious. I have weighed 25 pounds less than I do now. I KNOW this is not my body's optimal weight.

I am a very slow loser, but I still do end up losing a pound or two every few months. You will probably have to do a lot of different strategies to find what really works for you. Don't worry if it takes a long time, it just means you're going to be more used to the new habits you're forming! I have only lost about 14-15 pounds since last July (I've lost about 40 in the last two years). I feel like this is so natural to me now that even though it's taking me a long time, I'm still going to get to my goal.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Your body is probably telling you, "This is where I'm meant to be and Goddammit, I'm staying here."

However, you CAN trick it with exercise. Go ahead and research "High Intensity Interval Training" and "Muscle Confusion Strength Training." Building muscle will repair your metabolism and working out anaerobically will keep it on high alert.

Most importantly, yo-yoing from eating normally to under-eating ruins your metabolism. Your body is afraid to lose weight because it never knows when you're going to get stressed and deprive it from food again, so it's holding on to every ounce and not letting go.

Be predictable with food--give your body what it needs. Be unpredictable with exercise--push your body past where it thinks it can go.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you can honestly say to yourself that you have eaten the best you possibly can....no processed foods and only whole foods or very minimally processed food and the scale isn't budging, then it's time to see the doctor! You may have a medical issue. Now if you have stayed at your calorie budget and did it by eating 3 McDonald's hamburgers (I don't know if your journal is public and I didn't check) then that would be the reason for the scale not budging. One other issue is that some people's body's just respond slower than others. My father can eat absolutely perfect for literally 3 months, the scale won't budge and he doesn't lose any inches and suddenly after 3 months of nothing he's dropped 20 lbs in a matter of a couple weeks. We are all unique snowflakes! Good luck! I hope the scale starts to move in a positive (or is it negative :wink: ) direction.
  • leslturn8
    Options

Most importantly, yo-yoing from eating normally to under-eating ruins your metabolism. Your body is afraid to lose weight because it never knows when you're going to get stressed and deprive it from food again, so it's holding on to every ounce and not letting go.

Be predictable with food--give your body what it needs. Be unpredictable with exercise--push your body past where it thinks it can go.
    Thanks for the advice, my food is rather regular however a 2 week period over a month ago.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice, my food is rather regular however a 2 week period over a month ago.

You're welcome!! Definitely try those workout tips--you'll be amazed at how fast you see results (and how toned you become).

Over a month ago is not a long time for your body which is meant to last for an average of 78 years. Your metabolism learns how to act based on how you fuel your body. So maybe it seems like a long time ago to you, but your metabolism could still be waiting for it to happen again. Show it who's boss!
  • leslturn8
    Options
    If you can honestly say to yourself that you have eaten the best you possibly can....no processed foods and only whole foods or very minimally processed food and the scale isn't budging, then it's time to see the doctor! You may have a medical issue. Now if you have stayed at your calorie budget and did it by eating 3 McDonald's hamburgers (I don't know if your journal is public and I didn't check) then that would be the reason for the scale not budging. One other issue is that some people's body's just respond slower than others. My father can eat absolutely perfect for literally 3 months, the scale won't budge and he doesn't lose any inches and suddenly after 3 months of nothing he's dropped 20 lbs in a matter of a couple weeks. We are all unique snowflakes! Good luck! I hope the scale starts to move in a positive (or is it negative :wink: ) direction.

I would take more then three cheese burgers to satisfy me for a day lol
    I have gone months at a time with no to little junk food, i was eating foot i hadnt liked but i ate anyways because it was the better choice and I just feel it all fails....I can go weeks living on maccas and not gain, lose a tiny bit, but it just seemed to maintain....thats why its confusing, i think i need dr help because I just seem to hit alot of dead ends. Thankyou for your advice!
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    If you're eating fewer calories than you burn, and you keep it up for several months, your weight should come down, even if it does so slowly. Get a food scale. Weigh EVERYTHING. Don't trust the MFP database, as some foods are wrong, and they may be things you eat a lot. Try the USDA database.

I constantly find that the serving sizes in calorie tables are far smaller than the sizes of foods you get nowadays. The chickens are on hormones and are massive, the bagels and muffins are massive, the sandwiches are on rolls instead of sliced bread, the potatoes are the size of my hand -- everything is supersized. You have to weigh things and calculate how many portions they really are.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Get thyroid checked.
  • leslturn8
    Options
    I HATE it when people say that. I think they believe the weight you are at is "good enough" and that's why they say things like that. I have had people tell me that too and it makes me so furious. I have weighed 25 pounds less than I do now. I KNOW this is not my body's optimal weight.

I am a very slow loser, but I still do end up losing a pound or two every few months. You will probably have to do a lot of different strategies to find what really works for you. Don't worry if it takes a long time, it just means you're going to be more used to the new habits you're forming! I have only lost about 14-15 pounds since last July (I've lost about 40 in the last two years). I feel like this is so natural to me now that even though it's taking me a long time, I'm still going to get to my goal.
    Thanks for the information! Its like me! I always seem to get the raw end of any good thing lol Guess Ill just stick at it and see what I can do
  • leslturn8
    Options
    Get thyroid checked.

I have :grumble: typically my body just hates me lol
    I am glad I dont have an issue, though sad now because now I am not sure whats with my body!
  • MeechoXD
    Options
    Oh, by the way, have you gotten your vitamin d levels checked lately? Mine was extremely low when I found out last July. Newer science suggests that vitamin D plays a role in weight gain/weight loss. If you want me to find you specific articles I can take a look. My biochemistry teacher is the one who informed me of this new research findings.
  • leslturn8
    Options
    Just for the sake of trying something new, boost your calories up to 1800-2000 for a couple of weeks, following the 40% carb, 30% protein, 30% fat that many of the really successful people on here keep to. If everything else hasn't worked, what have you got to lose, right?

You can do it - you just need to mix things up. Your body is telling you it's had enough of the way things have been - time to try something new.

:smile:

1800-2000 wow! that would be extreme for me! Will see how I go
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Get thyroid checked.

I take a lot of B vitamins and Iodine (I think it fuels the thyroid). Maybe that will help, too?
  • leslturn8
    Options
    Oh, by the way, have you gotten your vitamin d levels checked lately? Mine was extremely low when I found out last July. Newer science suggests that vitamin D plays a role in weight gain/weight loss. If you want me to find you specific articles I can take a look. My biochemistry teacher is the one who informed me of this new research findings.
    thanks Id appreciate any articles!
  • leslturn8
    Options
    If you're eating fewer calories than you burn, and you keep it up for several months, your weight should come down, even if it does so slowly. Get a food scale. Weigh EVERYTHING. Don't trust the MFP database, as some foods are wrong, and they may be things you eat a lot. Try the USDA database.

I constantly find that the serving sizes in calorie tables are far smaller than the sizes of foods you get nowadays. The chickens are on hormones and are massive, the bagels and muffins are massive, the sandwiches are on rolls instead of sliced bread, the potatoes are the size of my hand -- everything is supersized. You have to weigh things and calculate how many portions they really are.
    I havnt trusted database thats why i always over estimate rather than under!
    This was my latest play was to gym hard core, im bound to lose then...or so my brain and calculations tell me.