What do you put on pancakes?

Options

Replies

• lilfarm
    lilfarm Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also put PB anf real maple syrup. Without the PB it is just way too much sugar for me. Or warm fruit and an egg on the side.

I like the baby food idea :)
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    i like them with sugar-free applesauce (like another poster, i use babyfood applesauce because it only has apples in it) :D also, the homemade maple syrup is a nice choice, if you portion it out - apparently maple syrup has special compounds in it, many of which have antioxidant properties!!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    maple syrup all the way, now that I can buy it instead of table syrup ;)

but I have been known to use honey, molasses, jam (home canned) fresh or frozen (allow to thaw somewhat) berries, greek yogurt... I make up a BIG batch of pancakes and freeze the unused ones for breakfasts, the various toppings allow a flavour change that eating the "same" breakfast all week isn't a big deal :)
  • BradyMommy
    BradyMommy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Apple sauce and cinnamon or some sugar free jelly.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I use peanut butter and bananas! So good!
    Sometimes whipped cream, nutella, and strawberries for a treat!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    take some fresh strawberries add a little sweetner, sugar etc and smash them, then put it on top! yum Wish I could eat pancakes...oh well!
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    oooo defrosted frozen fruit
  • fantabuloushoney
    Options
    sliced fruit, Nutella, peanut butter, or yogurt
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nalley's lite lumberjack syrup is actually pretty good. It's all we use over here for 'cakes and waffles. I've even been known to add a little bit to my plain greek yogurt for something sweet.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i use the pure maple syrup... or honey... both a natural choice.
    i just don't drench my pancakes in them anymore, i top with fresh fruit and a drizzle of syrup or honey *S*

i go without nothing that i love... why would i? *S*

it's all about control and planning now.
  • kericson
    kericson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and fresh blueberries. So good, one of my favorite breakfast foods!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit. Natural, no-added-sugar applesauce. Just a tiny drizzle of syrup (I have never been a syrup fan - too sweet).
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    tons and tons of berries :D
  • melpix123
    melpix123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    agave syrup and blueberries
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Most probably not what you want to hear nutella and banana ;-)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't eat pancakes anymore, but I used to put jam on them!
  • behind_blue_eyes_83
    Options
    Melpix, snap! Was just going to say agave nectar and blueberries! Plus blueberries in the mix - so you get sweet melty blueberries and cold fresh ones. Yum!
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter crunch and a bowl of strawberries to make it the perfect breakfast!
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If you love the Maple syrup, use the maple syrup. just measure or weigh it per the serving recommendations then adjust your calories for the rest of the day. Pure Maple syrup is natural and in my opinion a lot better for you than all the artificial sweeteners etc. If your deprive yourself of the things you LOVE then your motivation will suffer and your success will follow. MODERATION !!! It's about total calorie intake not just one meal. I made sweet potato protein pancakes Saturday morning and I just drizzled them with honey. They were so good and were pretty healthy. They would have been so much healthier if I had done them from scratch but I cheated and used Bisquick but they still weren't that bad for me. Anyway just MY 2 cents....
  • trinitymel1982
    Options
    try agave nectar 14Kcal 1tsp and low GI so no sugary highs and lows ans tastes a lot like maple Syrup.