Replies

• mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    #3 dark, organic Maple Syrup
  • Moonbyebye
    Moonbyebye Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Never syrup! Same with my waffles. I eat them with sliced strawberry or peanut butter and bananas slices. yumyumyum
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Use the syrup, measure a couple of tablespoons. I don't know how many calories that will be but you can cut down on something else later in the day if it's too high. I eat everything I want, not as much as I used to but I don't deprive myself.

Totally this!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Never syrup! Same with my waffles. I eat them with sliced strawberry or peanut butter and bananas slices. yumyumyum

Why not syrup? If it's real, it's food. Full of minerals. Love it not only on pancakes but on my morning cereal (oatmeal, rye flakes, buckwheat...). Real food is great. Why substitute?
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Real maple syrup, real butter. Then i have a real workout later to make up for it. Since pancakes are a once in a while treat, it's no big deal.
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Greek joghurt, Truvia and blueberries. Or thickened beef broth with mushrooms.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Non fat plain greek yogurt with Stevia and some crushed pecans, almonds or walnuts or crunchy almond butter. Yummy
  • jmstref55
    Options
    Yogurt
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Loved the idea of mixing some hot water with the maple syrup to make it go further :love:

Why not keep it simple - just a bit of fresh lemon juice and some demerara sugar sprinkled on? I find with fresh buckwheat pancakes that you don't need much topping.

Enjoy them!!!
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,619 Member
    Options
    All natural applesauce! No sugar added, yet fruit and moisture!
  • roadrunner32
    Options
    Honey and fresh lemon juice
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    pancake-with-ice-cream-and-fruits-thumb9292043.jpg

Low fat ice-cream & fruit!
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I smear some peanut butter on the pancake and then lightly drizzle with some sugar-free syrup.
  • angelswank
    angelswank Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I put sugar free jam and sugar free chocolate syrup...yummy
  • Bethwahl
    Options
    a dollap of natural Applesauce, dash of cinnamon, a dollap of all natural fruit preserve and or a dollap of fatfree sour cream
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    As a native and current Vermonter, I can not condone the use of anything on pancakes besides real maple syrup. It's sacreligious to use anything but the real stuff. The only acceptable way to get around this is by sauteeing some apples in cinnamon and they adding in a little maple syrup and then placing this on your pancakes.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I eat syrup on my pancakes. It's delicious. I don't a lot of syrup or pancakes, but I eat them the way I want to.

I think I tried eating unsweetened berries on my pancakes once, but I really like syrup. When I eat the whole grain pancakes, then I really need that sticky texture that syrup provides because the pancakes are so grainy.

Eat what you want. Just do a little drizzle rather than drowning them in it.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    i throw all sorts of junk on mine:

- chocolate spread
    - syrup
    - lemon juice and sugar
    - cheese
    - jam
    - peanut butter

:bigsmile:

thank goodness i only eat pancakes once a year! :blushing:
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great ideas everyone! After reading all your comments, I decided to go with the syrup. Several people mentioned how important it is to keep things you love in your food plan and that makes alot of sense. I measured out 2 tablespoons for 100kacl and just decided to have just 1 piece of toast with my soup at lunch instead of two. Conclusion...totally worth it!
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Whenever I say this to people I get 3 answers "Yes, it's delicious" (1% of the time) "Sounds f**king horrible" (49% of the time) "Are you joking? You don't put that on pancakes!!" (50% of the time)

But Minced beef Bolognese is really nice on pancakes. Only have them as a cheat treat though :-) and that's a bit of a rarity.