Help! My one of my kids doesn't want me to lose weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Really? I was under the impression that when parents act like things don't bother them - their kids then respond accordingly, like skipping off to play with anything more interesting than sweaty parents. I do have both a 9 year old and a 7 year old, neither cry that I'm hoping to get fit and live longer. But then, I don't have devotions about it so maybe that's different.

Re: being "around" I've only been on here less than 90 days. I've lost some weight and my kids love me even more since I can keep up with them.

So, every child in the world will respond the same way your children do? Because all children are the same and will act the same?

And a woman asking for advice, on a site meant for support, for how to explain to her child that things will be okay is trying to find an excuse to quit?

Rather presumptuous, isn't that?

No wonder I stopped posting here so long ago...
    Well thank goodness you didn't just post again or anything.

The child is jealous of you and wants to sabotage you. :drinker:

My dog is jealous of my weight loss and is trying to sabotage me. He stares at me when I'm getting his food. Meaningfully.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Really? I was under the impression that when parents act like things don't bother them - their kids then respond accordingly, like skipping off to play with anything more interesting than sweaty parents. I do have both a 9 year old and a 7 year old, neither cry that I'm hoping to get fit and live longer. But then, I don't have devotions about it so maybe that's different.

Re: being "around" I've only been on here less than 90 days. I've lost some weight and my kids love me even more since I can keep up with them.

So, every child in the world will respond the same way your children do? Because all children are the same and will act the same?

And a woman asking for advice, on a site meant for support, for how to explain to her child that things will be okay is trying to find an excuse to quit?

My dog is jealous of my weight loss and is trying to sabotage me. He stares at me when I'm getting his food. Meaningfully.

Hahahaha! Touche! My cat is actually HELPING me with my weight loss. Every time I'm eating something she sits down right in front of me and stares at me with her big eyes until I either stop eating or I share it with her. Who knew pets/animal companions could encourage weight loss too! :o)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Hahahaha! Touche! My cat is actually HELPING me with my weight loss. Every time I'm eating something she sits down right in front of me and stares at me with her big eyes until I either stop eating or I share it with her. Who knew pets/animal companions could encourage weight loss too! :o)

Does she stare at you while you're getting into your car? Because I would NOT give her the keys.