Plus Size Ladies

Options
I know we are in the process of losing weight, but meanwhile, where do you shop? I'm a boarderline woman and its hard for me to find clothes. Most are too small and then some are too big. I NEED to find a cute dress ASAP and I"m stuck! I"m in southern Cali (if that helps).

Replies

• Pebbles536
    Options
    Try Torid or JcPenny's. Kind of depends what type of dress you're looking for.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has some cute things or OneStopPlus.com may have something you are looking for.
  • ShardeRenee
    ShardeRenee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am in Cali also. Try Forever 21. I like target also. Where about do you live. there are a couple of locals shops i go to. but i stopped shopping so i can tell you where i used to go lol
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Additionelle. They have an MXM section for younger women with a little more style like the stuff you find in places like stitches, abercrome etc.
  • evyeve21
    evyeve21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in the LA area
  • evyeve21
    Options
    I want a sexy yet classy dress for a birthday celebration
  • UNCWcutie
    Options
    I am on the East Coast so I may not be able to help you but if you have a Cato's store they are great for dresses and shoes!!!!!!
  • emilysmellz
    emilysmellz Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    torrid.com

they have vintage, sexy, edgy, summer, really anything you could want & usually have a few pages to try from.
    i LOVE torrid & reccommend them for everyone.

i'm also on the edge of being plus-sized, and i usually wear a 0-1 in their clothing.
  • TessaR1
    Options
    Maurices, they have good prices and very cute clothes!
  • ShardeRenee
    ShardeRenee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well Im in Long Beach. Island plus is cool. Its downtown. its a cheap store its good for a one time outfit. something quick and cute. also long beach town center has a nice plus/jr size store. Torrid is expensive and there clothes are huge to me and forever 21 is nice but usually everyone shops there.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ross is my fave for dresses esp, dont know if their where you are but i have alot of luck there. great deals ,can be hit or miss, but they have the biggest selection of dresses regularly and from church style to club and everything in between..........Good luck
  • evyeve21
    Options
    torrid.com

they have vintage, sexy, edgy, summer, really anything you could want & usually have a few pages to try from.
    i LOVE torrid & reccommend them for everyone.

i'm also on the edge of being plus-sized, and i usually wear a 0-1 in their clothing.

I've been to torrid before and i"m right with you, usually 0-1 but I'm not a fan of their clothing. I can get lucky in there sometimes, but its not a place I usually expect to find something
  • evyeve21
    Options
    Well Im in Long Beach. Island plus is cool. Its downtown. its a cheap store its good for a one time outfit. something quick and cute. also long beach town center has a nice plus/jr size store. Torrid is expensive and there clothes are huge to me and forever 21 is nice but usually everyone shops there.

Sounds good, I have a meeting near downtown this week so I'll look into Island plus. Thanks
  • evyeve21
    Options
    Ross is my fave for dresses esp, dont know if their where you are but i have alot of luck there. great deals ,can be hit or miss, but they have the biggest selection of dresses regularly and from church style to club and everything in between..........Good luck

Its usually a miss for me there, and my patience is low, hahaha. I don't know a lot of people who get good deals there tho
  • evyeve21
    Options
    I am on the East Coast so I may not be able to help you but if you have a Cato's store they are great for dresses and shoes!!!!!!

I looked them up online, they don't like the west coast at all, lol
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Talbots (wait for the annual sale) or Lane Bryant
  • cyntia
    cyntia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jeans- www.pzijeans.com ( best jeans period for anyone curvy has sizes 4- 18 in all lengths)

Dresses- Asos.com, macy's on saturdays only because thats usually their big sales (use to work there),
    kiyonna.com
  • evyeve21
    Options
    Talbots (wait for the annual sale) or Lane Bryant

you ain't lied about the annual sale, i can't afford regular price on that website, but at least there is a store not too far away
  • lesliep1967
    Options
    Dress Barn has some cute stuff and they usually have a big range of sizes...i have the same issue...
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Torrid is amazing. I used to shop at Lane Bryant, but I find that the clothes there are often a bit more...mature? Plus, they cost a bit more. I'm twenty-three and need something cute! Torrid is constantly sending me e-mails with fantastic deals, and I find it hard to resist!

That being said, Lane Bryant is the place to go if you need a professional outfit.