Plus Size Ladies

Options

Replies

• MoniV1980
    MoniV1980 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try Forever 21, they have some really cute stuff! I have bought several dresses from there, one I even wore to a wedding. And its all about accessorizing too. Also H&M has a lot of size 14-16 stuff that works, I find a lot of skirts there and dresses as well.
  • megmo_7
    megmo_7 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Try this website http://fashiontofigure.com/home.asp, They have some great stuff.
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Personally I like Lane Byrants, but I would wait for a sale or see about getting a coupon, they are expensive.
    I hope you find something AWESOME to wear to the party!!!!
  • evyeve21
    evyeve21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Looking at all the sites, thanks ladies!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Debs, Dots, or alloy
  • MrsWright07
    Options
    I am on the east coast, but if you have a Fashion Bug out there it is worth a look. They carry a variety of sizes and usually have a lot of the same style across the sizes, so if I find it in plus and it's too big I jump down to a misses size and vice versa. Plus I like that the styles tend to be a bit more youthful than Lane Bryant. Good Luck!
  • adjones_21
    adjones_21 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Lane Bryant!!!! Maurice's has cute stuff too.
  • Msvalsworld
    Msvalsworld Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like Ross and Cato and there prices are good
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I like Pennys for dresses--got both my mother-of-the-bride dresses there, sizes seem pretty true.
  • moniqueb39
    moniqueb39 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You should go to Ann taylor Loft they have up to size 18 and they are good for if you are transitional you aren't quite plus size but you have curves. Ann taylor may also be a good choice.
  • fguillory
    fguillory Posts: 291
    Options
    Lane Bryant-Expensive but cute
    Avenue-My personal favorite! Good deals sometimes. o.o I got 80% of my clothes here
    Fashion Bug/Fashion Avenue-They are pretty good and have clothes as small as size 12
    Torrid: They have cute clothes, just don't get bras or panties here. The quality sucks!
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Try Fashion Bug, Dress Barn, Ross or Burlington Coat Factory! Burlington has GREAT prices, you can get Fashion Bug and Dress Barn online! Fashion Bug sizes run true!
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Torrid in the mall is great also Ross!!!!
  • gxroxy
    gxroxy Posts: 3
    Options
    Love Fashion bug, don't know if you have one near you though. Hope you find what your looking for!
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Macys, Lane Bryant and sometimes CATOS
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Dress barn :) I always thought it was an old lady store but they have some super cute things
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    delias.com

for junior size and style
  • Alice_H
    Alice_H Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like kiyonna.com. One of the things that I really like about their site is that they have a variety of models - click on an item and below the dress model they usually have a "real curves" section that shows the dress on women of larger sizes. Their measurements are pretty darned accurate, too.
  • watcherII
    watcherII Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    try second-hand or consignment stores. ladies who are closer to their goal weight can't wait to get rid of their heavier clothes, and you can get some great outfits. and some of the clothes are vintage, too. i'm in the beach cities of LA county, around here there is Aardvarks on artesia in Redondo, Second Time Around on pch in Torrance, and Athena on manhattan ave in Manhattan Beach, among others. also, check out the Goodwill in or near upscale neighborhoods, they usually have nice clothes there. good luck!!
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love SimplyBe.com. I wear a 14/16 but in the dresses I got from there I wear 14. Size 10 is their minimum. They are expensive but they have good sales. It takes a little while for the clothes to come as they are located in the UK, but you should check them out for the future. I'm 23, I think the clothes are very youthful.

A lot of people have mentioned Ross, but TJ Maxx or Marshalls are also great! I have no problem finding 14/16 or 1X there.