What's your healthy snack that satisfies your sweet tooth?

Options

Replies

• Reka2011
    Reka2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LisaRN9
    LisaRN9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mikibeth
    mikibeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with fruit. It stays with me for at least 3 hours!
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods Honey Roasted Peanut Butter ! Yummy !
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of low sodium roasted almonds with some semi-sweet chocolate morsels. You don't need to eat that much of the chocolate to feel you're getting a treat.

Or, a fruit smoothie.
  • mlks2012
    Options
    Well, I am just 2 weeks into this, but I found that blueberries are tasting very good to me. Nice and sweet.

Also, Whitmans pecan crowns. I try to eat only one and let it sit in my mouth to suck on it instead of chewing it all at once. 3 is one serving, but I managed to eat one serving throughout last week.
  • Cycl0tr0n
    Options
    I'm more into cold 'n' creamy than just sweet -- so amen to the 'Greek Yogurt!' I've also just discovered frozen banana 'ice cream' (link: http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-creamy-ice-cream-w-93414) -- wow!!!

Seriously. I didn't expect to like this. I don't hate bananas, but I don't love them. I LOVE this.

You don't actually even have to officially turn them into ice cream, though -- you can just let 'em get a bit too ripe, slice 'em, and eat 'em as they are. Healthy, sweet but not too sweet, loaded with potassium. I plan to experiment further -- maybe add a little vanilla, stuff like that.
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    A couple of dried prunes hits the spot for me. Sweet, but still not cheating and lots of fiber.
    And the bonus is...No one at work steals my snack!!! :laugh:
  • mlks2012
    Options
    May I say you have done awesome. Congrats on your success and may that continue as you keep your promise to yourself!
  • VeroTime610
    Options
    sliced strawberries and bananas....yummy!!!!
  • chippiek
    chippiek Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Chobani non-fat plain yogurt w/ Crystal light for flavor and sweetness. Also sometimes throw in some fresh fruit.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I mix two tablespoons of Ovaltine in with my chocolate protein powder. YUM.
  • watmel2
    Options
    Jell-O sugar free MousseTemptations, Dulce de Leche.
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    homemade 70 calorie pumpkin muffins
  • BethTaylor93
    BethTaylor93 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Low fat graham crackers, light cream cheese and sugar free preserves. Soooo yummy
  • Alex_on_the_Rocks
    Options
    Strawberry yogurt with a tablespoon of chocolate chips. Works out to be about 170 calories with the Yoplait Lite yogurt.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    fiber bars and strawberry yogurt
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup pure pumpkin purée
    1/2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp cloves
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 pkg Splenda

Serve chilled or hot topped with 2-3 tbsp of cool whip. Low cal, low fat, fairly low cab :)
  • kittyninja
    Options
    Chobani 0% or 2% yogurts (strawberry banana 2% is my favorite!), or any kind of fruit. If I really need a treat I'll have some 60% dark chocolate.
  • fitnessbugg
    fitnessbugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Chia seed pudding - 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 cup almond milk, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 packet stevia. Mix mix mix, let it sit for 15 minutes and it's SO good. At 10 grams of fiber and a lot of healthy fat it's also really good for you!

Can't wait to try this!