Tell me about the food you just discovered

Options
girlnamedlee
girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
Today, I was at my local grocery store & saw that they had a new Magic Pop machine. It makes these sort of thin rice/wheat flour cakes that are 15 to 20 calories each & come in savory & sweet flavors. We bought a bag each of cinnamon, cheddar & onion. Not only are they delicious on their own, but just a little bit ago I drizzled about 1/2 Tbsp of Hershey's syrup on the cinnamon one & it tasted like the outside of fried ice cream (45 total calories!). I'm thinking of using either one of the cheddar or onion ones topped with egg whites cooked with real bacon bits (25 cal per tablespoon) for breakfast tomorrow.

Replies

• ruthweir1969
    ruthweir1969 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers sausages and ice cream pots, both r yum lol x
  • indigochilds
    indigochilds Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Arnold whole wheat sandwich thins. and its 100 calories each. They're about 5 bucks. So I try to get them on sale.
    I loooooooooove me some bread :3 so this helps a lot.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Del Monte fruit naturals, no sugar added fruit in juice. 60 cals, cold and refreshing! Good size!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Arnold whole wheat sandwich thins. and its 100 calories each. They're about 5 bucks. So I try to get them on sale.
    I loooooooooove me some bread :3 so this helps a lot.
    These are good!
  • DanaMon
    DanaMon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Flat Out- Baked Flat bread Crisps in sea salt!
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Great with triscuits!
  • ahunt888
    ahunt888 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Those little cakes sound amazing! I just discovered Arctic Zero ice cream. The whole pint is just 150 calories! Which, let's face it, is amazing for days with weaker willpower. Don't expect Ben & Jerry's, though. It's more like a frozen (tasty) protein shake, but it does have 8 grams fiber and 14 grams of protein per pint. And it majorly kills my ice cream cravings. I get it at Earth Fare, but there are probably other stores that sell it. It's my absolute favorite thing right now.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese....
    I always thought the stuff was so bad for you. I mean it causes people to be fat - right?

That's what I always thought.
    The ONLY people I ever saw eating the stuff were fat people.

I just assumed.....:noway:
  • darls25
    darls25 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast!! Its filling low on calories and tasts like chocolate milk!!!
  • DanaMon
    DanaMon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Del Monte fruit naturals, no sugar added fruit in juice. 60 cals, cold and refreshing! Good size!

Love these!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Mustard with a little splenda stirred in it. It is great as a dip for veggies or as a salad dressing. 0 calories.
  • 12skipafew99100
    Options
    Cottage Cheese....
    I always thought the stuff was so bad for you. I mean it causes people to be fat - right?

That's what I always thought.
    The ONLY people I ever saw eating the stuff were fat people.

I just assumed.....:noway:

Today I put salsa and diced tomatoes in mine. Yum!
  • MaryHarbin
    Options
    Try stuffing your meat with spinach. Oh my what a wonderful flavor. And i don't like boiled spinach. We also add spinach to our salads.
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    Zucchini!
    I like to try new veggies and fruits throughout the month :)

I've been cooking it shredded like pasta, then throwing in a swiss laughing cow cheese wedge - it tastes like alfredo pasta!
  • clocklady
    clocklady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Tofu. Just made chocolate mousse with it. Have put it in smoothies, made frittata, omelettes, and stir fry. Protein packed, low calorie and cheap!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Farro grain.... I'm a risotto addict and this grain is sooo good for you and taste very good as well, I cook it in batches and freeze it....
  • 12skipafew99100
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Great with triscuits!

^this
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    Quinoa!! So yummy and so good for you too.
  • rhouser9021
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie brownies. They're really small (which I seriously should have assumed since it's 90 calories), but they're perfect for a chocolate craving!
  • ktempl
    ktempl Posts: 8
    Options
    Fage Greek Yogurt, its not all that great by itself but it's great on anything you would add sour cream to. Its actually more creamy with no fat and full of good protien!!