Tell me about the food you just discovered

Options

Replies

• MarilynC1956
    MarilynC1956 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    WalMart has mini ice cream sandwiches by Great Value for 100 calories. Just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. Also Pet now makes their Brown Mule ice cream bars (vanilla ice cream covered with chocolate on a stick) with 120 calories. I really love these, but my husband keeps eating them. LOL!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Kale Chips. Saw them in the store but were pretty spendy. Went online and learned how to make them myself. Drizzle with olive oil and alittle garlic and onion powder. Very tasty!
  • mezzosoprano89
    mezzosoprano89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been trying a LOT of new veggies, found out that I absolutely love mushrooms, especially with beef and broccoli, PERFECTION!

However, on this journey I also learned I am not fond of eggplant, eh you win some you lose some, we don't have to like everything :)

I'm working on finding a salad dressing that I really love so I can eat better salads, but so far I'm not finding anything that I absolutely love, but found stuff that I ate least moderately enjoy.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. I love it.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Flatouts whole wheat flatbread... made pizza for dinner with one tonight. Deeeelicious!
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt with Hot cocoa mix.
    Blue Dimond Butter Toffee almonds 6g net carbs and they are just sweet enough
  • Jamie_82
    Options
    Cuties! Those little clementines that are easy to peel and I can just throw a couple in my purse when I'm going out to keep evil fast-food urges away!
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Del Monte fruit naturals, no sugar added fruit in juice. 60 cals, cold and refreshing! Good size!

They have fruit chillers that I love too. Like a fruit slushy & soooo good.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Wheat Berries. I had never heard of them before, but found this recipe and wanted to give it a try. It was delicious and healthy!

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/03/16/carrot-raisin-spelt-berry-salad-with-cumin-and-cilantro/
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

I'm working on finding a salad dressing that I really love so I can eat better salads, but so far I'm not finding anything that I absolutely love, but found stuff that I ate least moderately enjoy.

Try equal parts of a light olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Udo's Choice 123 oil blend then add garlic powder, onion powder, and a touch of REAL maple syrup. This is all I use anymore when I remember to eat salads.
  • rhouser9021
    Options

Have you tried olive oil and balsamic vinegar? You only need a little bit and it's delicious!
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Carnation instant breakfast!! Its filling low on calories and tasts like chocolate milk!!!

I've got the sugar free vanilla that I'm having with unsweetened almond milk & some sugar free cinnamon dulche syrup (starbucks makes it) for my snack at work tomorrow.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Jennie-O turkey sausage breakfast links. Sometimes I cut them in the middle and fold them out flat and then put it on a breakfast sandwich. Today I just smushed it up and ate it ground. So yummy. Tastes like pork sausage!
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Almond Milk! I can't stand soy and I also wasn't a fan of rice milk, so I assumed that almond would be just as gross. I was wrong. It's so freakin delicious.
  • samantha196
    Options
    Granola-I had never tried it before but had heard of it. I picked some up last week and love it in my yogurt. Laughing Cow cheese. I love the individual servings.
  • Blaizen
    Blaizen Posts: 16
    Options
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges. Great with triscuits!

^this. I use it on sandwiches too, instead of mayo and cheese. Saves me a ton of calories! Also, chocolate mint coconut milk. 50 cals per 1/2 cup and curbs my chocolate cravings.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options

Wholegrain mustard (the seedy stuff) - shake with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar. It's really yummy and tangy.
  • dcdickerson2
    dcdickerson2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    All Natural Pop Chips! What a great alternative to potato chips. Lots of flavors too.

Also just discovered how good quinoa is!
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. I LOOOOOOOVE IT!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    home_page_product_image_new.png

I was never much for protein drinks but Svelte (especially cappucino) is totally delicious and fills me up for HOURS. Full of protein and fiber. OM NOM