bump.
  • auranda
    auranda Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm slow cooking some with chicken broth (use homemade or low sodium), red potatoes, garlic, and lemons (squeeze the juice and throw 'em in). I wish I had some rosemary.

I don't use a recipe. I just add stuff until it looks delicious and slow cook the crap out of everything. Eight to ten hours on low.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Diced chicken + mushrooms + a tin of tomatoes + mixed herbs + an onion + basmati rice makes a decent risotto. Worcestershire sauce and low sodium soy sauce make a nice kick in flavour.
    A chicken breast with a small cube of low fat cheese placed in an incision before wrapping with lean ham and then baking is tasty.
    You can make a healthier sunday roast with a breast per person, all you need then is veggies and gravy.
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bump
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    everybody already posted my ideas, but got some new ones, so thanks alot.
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • irisia99
    irisia99 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Marinade it in a little oil, soy sauce, garlic and chilli then serve it with plain steamed veg and a baked sweet potato or, organic black beans! You can do the same with a good fish fillet like salmon or a plain white fish too!

My recipe is similar low sodium soy sauce, garlic and lemon! i have to try with chili sounds so yummy!!
  • McMommyx3
    McMommyx3 Posts: 19
    Options
    bump
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    I'm always looking for new recipes for chicken!! This is awesome. (Bump)
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    I love putting chicken breast in the crock pot with about three tablespoons of tomato paste, some sliced onion, chopped garlic, a tablespoon or three of pureed chipotle chilis, and a bit of water. Put it on low for eight hours, then stir in one tablespoon of chunky peanut butter per two people eating it, and shred. Served with chopped green onion, chives, and/or freshly chopped (unsalted) peanuts, it's delicious! It's also really good in tortillas with a little sour cream and green onion. The onions are optional but highly recommended...they add an amazing crunch and flavor that balances out the sweet/spicy/savory of the chicken.
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Wendyerickson
    Wendyerickson Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump:)
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Chicken and Spinach Packets...

-4-6 Chicken breasts, boneless, super thinly sliced
    -1 package of fresh spinach (~ 6 cups)
    - Bottle of Teriyaki Sauce (low sodium type)
    - Fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
    - Sweet Onions, finely chopped
    - Roll of aluminum foil
    - sea salt and pepper to taste

Tear sheet of aluminum foil and put approximately 1 cup spinach into center. Top with ONE breast of chicken. Sprinkle on mushrooms (about 2 tbls or as desired) and sweet onions (1 tsp or as desired). Drizzle teriyaki over breast and add sea salt/pepper as desired. Fold foil into square with chicken in center. Seal ends tightly. Repeat until all chicken is used.

On Baking Sheet... Bake packets at 425 degrees for 35 minutes (chicken thickness will determine true cooking time, thinner chicken breast = less time) or can put this on an outside grill. Makes 4-6 servings.

that sounds awesome, definately going to try this~ love me some chicken and spinach :)