Who names their cars?

Options

Replies

• mandaringirl
    Options
    my new ford ka is called missFfordy K. :P
  • pinksnowbunny
    Options
    my car ( dodge intrepid) is named Tink, and i named my brothers truck (huge red truck with 6 1/2 in lift kit and huge tires) Lamar (: and his car i named Betsy
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    All of my cars have had names, and i've also named the husband's cars, lmao.

89 Honda Accord (1st car)- Blue Bomber
    90 Acura Legend - no name, only had the car for 6 weeks (total lemon)
    96 Ford Thunderbird - Fairytale (i freakin LOVED that car)
    96 Toyota Camry - Grandma (bc that's the way it felt)
    96 Honda Accord - Silver Bullet
    04 Mitsubishi Lancer Raliart - Ghost, though sometimes Squeakers bc my bushings squeak occasionally (i LOVE this car)

The hubby's cars....
    90 Mazda Miata - Demon Spawn
    90 Nizzan 300ZX TT - Black *****
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    I don't anymore, but my first car was a Volkswagen Fox, and I named her "Dirty Frank." Loved that car! :love:

I call my Jeep my "Heep." Noy really a name, just like a Spanish pronunciation of Jeep. It's not a heap, either. No one gets it but me. :ohwell:
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I had Gidget the Galant and now I have Pearl the Focus
  • fhacker
    fhacker Posts: 57
    Options
    1960's BMW 1600 -- "The Grey Ghost." Grey for the color, Ghost because it was always disappearing into the repair shop.
    By that convention Sasha, my Porsche, should be "The Silver Ghost" . I haven't had it that long and I am still getting the bugs worked out..............at least that's what I keep telling myself. :ohwell:
  • smashatoms
    smashatoms Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Me!

2010 Nissan Cube: Cubis
    2012 Nissan Sentra: TBD, just got her Saturday!
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Mine is named "Mako" after the vehicle in the videogame Mass Effect; the original Mako was confined to notoriously bumpy levels, making the ride very bumpy and jerky. I named it that because I'm still learning to drive, and it suited my driving style :laugh: (Plus, I have an N7 bumper sticker...)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Haven't named my truck yet but in the past I have named them.

Ford LTD (first car, don't remember the year) - Bertha.
    '85 Hyundai Steller - Stella .
    02' Accent - Crash - it always seemed to get asome kind of scratch or ding when parked.
    '92 Jeep YJ - The Beast - that thing would go through EVERYTHING.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    '93 Corolla -- Christine
    '12 Matrix -- Christine II
    (I sense her spirit in the new car)

Later on this year: '13 Accent. If it suits her, she shall be Lola
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    2001 Saturn Ion was Betsy when she was running well, Bertha when I had any problems. She was totaled Christmas Eve. I now have a Ford Explorer. I have been debating a name and I think I'm going with Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds. "Reid" for short. :)
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Binkly the super colt
    Archie the accord... only lived a 3 week life, oops
    Lucy - short for Lucifer the devil cavalier
    Oscar the grouchy grand am
    Clifford the big red truck
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    1960's BMW 1600 -- "The Grey Ghost." Grey for the color, Ghost because it was always disappearing into the repair shop.
    By that convention Sasha, my Porsche, should be "The Silver Ghost" . I haven't had it that long and I am still getting the bugs worked out..............at least that's what I keep telling myself. :ohwell:

Sometimes I had to "run" with the Ghost, hop in and start it, and quickly throw it into first. I guess your Sasha is beautiful but tempermental . . .
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    My car's name is "The Tank"! No laughing - it's a 2000 Hyundai Accent. I've done nothing but put gas and oil in it for over a decade. It's seen better days... Starting to get a little rust here and there... But, it's outlasted some of my friends' NICE cars - BMWs, Lexuses, etc... It gets me where I need to go - and it kicks *kitten* if there's snow!
  • fhacker
    fhacker Posts: 57
    Options

Sometimes I had to "run" with the Ghost, hop in and start it, and quickly throw it into first. I guess your Sasha is beautiful but tempermental . . .
    I did that a lot with my first car, a 1968 Saab 96.:smile: Sasha is very beautiful and fun to drive but in the short time I've had her she has gone to the shop about once a month to to the tune of about 1k+ a piece. Still, I love her. She handles and accelerates like nothing I've ever driven before.
  • burgenah
    Options
    :laugh:
    75 International Scout - Grandma
    1991 4runner - Runner - lame i know
    2002 Black Yukon XL lifted - The Beast
    2011 Kia - kiki
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Never. I dont get the point. But my kids just named our new car Mazzy. Im letting them roll with it.
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    my cars name is kitty
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My HHR is Puff'n Stuff.

had a cat named puffn stuff
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I named my car.......well someone else did and it stuck. I use to drive 99 Chevy Malibu ( oh how i loved that car) and it was nicknamed....Malibu Stacy LMAO