My fitness confession

Options
Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
I am almost done with "the new rules of lifting for women" ,just one more week.

My fitness confession is that I still suck at push ups. I can do 5 proper one but I still have to do them at an small incline if I want to do more.

I am ashamed

Now you!!!

Replies

• abrantner
    Options
    I HATE burpee's (in any way, shape or form) with a passion.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I confess that I have no idea what a burpee is but it makes me laugh every time I read it.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I haven't worked out my abs in well over a month. I thought about it today, for like 5 seconds but didn't.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My confession: I like to flex in the mirror after I lift. It's super narcissistic & cheesy, but it makes me smile.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I find Cardio so boring that any more than 30 minutes at a time can make me suicidal. Sports make it bearable, but otherwise it is just mind-numbing to me.
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I don't do cardio hardly at all....
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    My confession: I like to flex in the mirror after I lift. It's super narcissistic & cheesy, but it makes me smile.

Me too....lol :drinker:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    my confession: On the weekends, I put on my yoga pants and a sports bra because it makes me feel skinnier
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I spend entirely too much time checking out my body in panties and bra. Both admiring how much I have lost and picking out the flaws.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Confession 1: I only take 1-2 rest days a month, and that's usually because something out of my control causes me to miss my workout.

Confession 2: I would do nothing but cardio if common sense didn't force me in the weight room 2-3 days a week.

(and yes... I know no one is actually forcing me to lift. I do it of my own free will, but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it! I just like what it does for my body.)
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I regularly, accidentally-on-purpose forget to do pull-ups in my weight routine every week.

I know, I'm a terrible person.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Now I don't feel so bad...only a few weeks in to NROL4W and I can only do one proper pushup! My upper body strength pretty much sucks at the moment. :grumble:
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I enjoy passing gas when doing sit-ups.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    :sad: I have beautiful new running shoes & I haven't walked/ran in over a week.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I lip sync in the mirror on the treadmill, and have been known to sing out loud when I'm the only one there.
    And I definitely sing out loud when I run outside, mostly when I'm out in the country or alone on the trail. I can't help being moved by a song!!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    My Mary-Jane Shape-Up Skechers look like granny shoes (or "special shoes" a co-worker did suggest Forrest Gump and when I got up to walk to the printer he yelled "Run Heather RUN!" ha ha!) but I adore them (it's like walking on pillows) and power walk through the Financial District of Toronto every lunch hour not caring that no one <60 years old wears anything other than a 3+ inch heal.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I only workout on the treadmill and have been like that since coming back from our Christmas cruise in December.
  • Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Nobody [until now] knows that I go to the gym every day so I can train for a triathalon and I only do it so I can say that I'm a tri-ATHLETE!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I can't do a pull-up to save my life.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    I HATE burpee's (in any way, shape or form) with a passion.

^^THIS. Absolutely despise them.