My fitness confession

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I don't lift weights, haven't even thought about doing it, and pretty much ignore everyone that says I should
  • scha4r
    scha4r Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I am running on the treadmill I pretend I am Rocky Balboa and start fist-pumping, boxer style and celebrating.

Then I stop running. You can't keep running after that, can you?? ;)
  • Lollliiipopzzzz
    Options
    I HATE burpee's (in any way, shape or form) with a passion.

Same here.. especially when they do them quickly. My legs get all tangled up lol
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I hate working out in any way, shape, or form.. I only do it so i dont get wobbly..
    If i didnt care about how i looked i'd never exercise again..
    Although on a side note i love to dance, but cant be bothered to do that either..
    God im so lazy lol..
  • Eleisabelle
    Options
    My confession is that I get up EEARRRLY in the morning to try to get myself to do a daily yoga workout. But I usually end up on the couch snuggled up with my tea and my cat.

Slacker...
  • kaysue160
    Options
    I can't run on a treadmill. I tip over... sideways.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I gave up eating veggies.
    When I began, I ran out and bought veggies galore.
    That lasted a few weeks where I choked down the disgusting veggies that I hated.
    NO MORE!
    I will never eat another veggie. I drink V8 juice 4 times daily.
    That's my confession!:glasses:
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I run to the beat on the elliptical. I think you can notice when my pandora pauses in between songs.
  • hello77kitty
    hello77kitty Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger motivates me.
  • bohoatthebeach
    Options
    I enjoy passing gas when doing sit-ups.

:laugh:
  • code156
    code156 Posts: 31
    Options
    I hate running, My boobs are too big. I usually end up reading a magazine on the elliptical and I dont think its all that effective :(
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I've been doing almost 100% cardio since I started to work seriously on my weight. Only recently began strength/power training but I find it hard to get into a consistent routine like I have with my walking.

On weekends, I'll throw on the pack (30-40 pounds), maybe grab the trekking poles and set out on a 5-10 mile cross-country hike with plenty of hill climbing. This works a completely different set of muscles and has helped tone up the flesh where the weight loss has occurred (back of the arms, chest, and my buns are finally catching up).

interestingly, there are a bunch of guys at my office who are weight training almost exclusively (they occasionally play b-ball). I can bound up the four stories and not be out of breath, these guys are huffing and puffing when they reach the top (I'm 10-15 years older than they are). And don't ask them to climb the143 steps (9-stories) of the parking deck.

I do vary my walks and intersperse it with treadmill work when the weather is unpleasant. But like the Energizer Bunny, i keep going, and going, and going....
  • JacquiC72
    JacquiC72 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate doing side planks.

And I've just had to look up what burpees are.

And I hate that I have to wear 2 bras (1 normal, 1 sports) for exercising.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I despise machines for weights (except for injury recovery). Want to get strong, barbells!

I am a pullupaholic. I can't walk past the jungle gym at the beach without doing a set.

I sort of like to showoff & do muscle ups as well. Just cause they're awesome :tongue:

I own a set of 1kg dumbells...but I only use them for shadow boxing hehe.

I always check out people's running form when I'm out and about.
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    My favorite hobby at the gym is to check out people with nice bodies, and see what work out they are doing to keep their bodies looking that way. (i.e. If a girl has a nice bum, I see how long she uses the stair climber, at what intensity, and her form)

I do that too, with a combination of jealousy and admiration!

Yesss! and Yesss! Especially when I start to get bored while on the elliptical...then when the jealousy and admiration kick in, it reminds me why the heck I am at the gym in the first place!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I HATE burpee's (in any way, shape or form) with a passion.

Totally agree!
    13957828.png
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I spend entirely too much time checking out my body in panties and bra. Both admiring how much I have lost and picking out the flaws.

I do this also...it's terrible I know but I can't stop myself
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I STILL have to do pushups on my knees. I don't know why but my triceps don't ever get stronger.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I hate running.

That "runners high" everyone talks about - total myth for me.

Sad about this as I really, REALLY wanted to like running :ohwell: