so cold in uk

Options

Replies

• vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It's freezing in Yorkshire today too had some light snow when dropping kids off at school for about five minutes more to come i think
  • maximus0721
    Options
    i was stood outside my gym in tameside this morning, absolutely freezing, i swear i even questioned why i was bothering lol
  • mrsheavy
    mrsheavy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lol i dont htink its that cold!?? There isnt any frost outside at the moment so its def above freezing! (im in east anglia)
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This has been, without question, the warmest winter I've ever experienced
  • Breadbar
    Breadbar Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Very mild winter here in NY & I was out of town for our only snow day! Have cheer - the daylight hours are getting longer - spring is on the way!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    New York is having a great Winter so far, nice and mild, little snow.
    Last year was a frozen hell.
  • katcj
    katcj Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It doesn't look so cold today and yet when I've been at the doorway I've been really feeling it. Thank goodness I have a very thick coat (I describe it as wearing my sleeping bag!) so I'll put that on for the school run shortly. I downloaded coach to 5k last night but, call me a wimp if you will, I'm putting off starting it until the weather warms up. I really can't deal with extremes of temperature, can't stand it too hot (in excess of about 25 degrees C) or very cold - and I class anything below about 5 degrees as very cold! LOL!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Just last week it was -25C, around -31C with windchill. Such lovely weather here in Canada :grumble:

That has stopped me moaning today about our 1 degree over freezing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

oh I would love to do what you are doing - a small B&B - would love it :smile:
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    very cold in essex uk its trying to snow outside:noway: and i HATE snow:sad: :mad: :explode: :cry:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I've become a wimp.....lol! Sunny Florida here..............40 degrees over night.............no heat in our house.............felt freezing......ahahahahaha.......originally from Buffalo, NY...........land of the snow storms...............would love to be in the UK......but with a heater....lol! Stay warm today everyone!:bigsmile:
  • wendyd18
    Options
    i think we have had it easy so far this year in the UK. I remember last Christmas sat on the runway whilst they de-iced the aeroplane.
    Not looking forward to the cold weather that is predicted though :(
  • DaveBuck21
    Options
    wow! in the plus here still, and all week! high of plus 6 today and we have lots of fresh snow, yes!!
  • jenfleur77
    jenfleur77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    very cold in essex uk its trying to snow outside:noway: and i HATE snow:sad: :mad: :explode: :cry:

Ditto the entire post! Though I will say, if any snow 'breaks' the Underground and I can skip work I'll be happy :laugh:
  • rachcamp88
    rachcamp88 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Western Isles (just off north west Scotland) bitterly cold, we are all surprised that ther isn't any snow yet!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It tried snowing here earlier, I hope it rains so it all melts. I don't like driving in the snow and have to go to work later, have no choice but to drive because of the time I finish.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    .........and that's why I moved to Australia ;-)
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I was FREEZING when I went to my mentoring program this morning. I'm going out in it again for my yoga class in half an hour and I feel like the walk might kill me, but I always feel so much better afterwards. I'm going to bundle up in as many pairs of socks and hoodies I can find.
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    It's cold in Dublin right now too. And I haven't seen direct sunlight in over a month…not since I was in Rome. Last time there was direct sunlight in Ireland…um, my memory isn't that good.
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    :smile: Its cold, but we have had worse. Just come back from a meeting and it was starting to rain but thats all. Roll on summer
  • charbie17
    charbie17 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    .........and that's why I moved to Australia ;-)

VERY Jealous indeed - would love to be in Australia right now. It's freezing here in Lancashire! :(