Exercise? That's It?

Options
2»

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    An odd observation along the way to getting healthier:

For so long when I was heavier I would wake up in the morning, stiff, sore, felt like I worked out for hours, when indeed I DID NOT. I used to think I was way too young to feel that bad in the morning.

Now that I'm eating better and exercising I feel great in the morning.

Crazy, huh?

I even find that after taking a day off from exercise I feel a little achy the next morning. Who woulda thunk our bodies liked this exercise stuff so much?

I mentioned something similar to my friend who used to be a trainer ~ she said you can spray WD40 on a rusty hinge, but until you open and close the door a few times and the oil works into the hinge, it doesn't stop squeaking. Same thing with our bodies - we can put the right stuff in, but until we work it around with movement, our bodies can be squeaky or feel stuck. I liked this description ~ so passing in on:flowerforyou:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    That's a good one. I like it too.
  • xbonbonx
    xbonbonx Posts: 170
    Options
    I haven't really noticed a difference for the better, but I don't wake up sore. even when I started working out and was doing a Biggest Loser DVD workout. I thought for sure my muscles would be sore from that... but they weren't, at least not significantly sore.

I do however feel better and stronger :happy: