Kale anyone?

Options
13»

Replies

• cnhanson
    Options
    For a lower fat version try lining a pan with a bit of low sodium vegetable broth, heat then add washed and chopped Kale. Sprinkle with salt and allow Kale to wilt. Stir in some vinegar or lemon juice. This is tasty and nutritious. If I need more calories in a day (sometimes I do!) I'll add some parmesan cheese and pine nuts on top.
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! So yummy!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Kale chips are my new favorite! So easy to make..spritz with olive oil and bake...so good!

this
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2802 Butternut squash and kale hot salad. Yum.
  • ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Fresh! I get it right from a farm. I like to wilt it with garlic and olive oil in a sautee pan, or have it fresh on a salad (a bit tough to chew but that burns calories!). My ultimate favorite, though, is sticking it in soups: white bean and lentil are my top two.
  • djcon
    djcon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debloves2ride
    Options
    I almost laughed myself sill reading all this. I have always loved Kale, but I thought it was really a southern thing. We use it in soups and many times I just steam it. I was taught to use smoked pork neck bones (maybe just a southern thing) and cook it with the kale. The kale picks up the flavor of the pork and we also pick the meat out of the neck bones. protein and iron in one dish. I am definately going to have to make kale chips - never tried that before.
  • rosanne22
    Options
    I just made some kale chips.....yummy. All I did was washed the leaves, ripped them up and rubbed them with olive oil and sprinkled sea salt and cayenne pepper on some and salt and garlic powder on others...baked for 10-12 min.let cool..they were very tasty and worth the effort!
  • ragekage21
    ragekage21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Also: look to the Portuguese! They LOVE kale and use it often. Check some Portuguese recipes.
  • lyngoode
    lyngoode Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shrinkinginQualicum
    shrinkinginQualicum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This website has great recipes for green smoothies. (and not just with kale.) Also lots of good info on eating your veggies! rawfamily.com
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love kale chips with a spray of olive oil, cracked black pepper, sea salt and a heavy sprinkle of nutritional yeast. ( The nutritional yeast gives it a nutty and cheesy flavor) YUM!......use fresh kale

I also add to my breakfast smoothies in the place of my usual frozen spinach .... sounds weird but very good......use frozen kale.