My man deployed this morning.......

Options

Replies

• LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, I can't even imagine what that must be like. My husband flies out of state for work sometimes and I hate it... and that's usually never more than a few DAYS! I think you are a very strong woman, and I know you can do this! You are here, aren't you? You are going to blow him away! Girl, he is going to sprint down that pier to his little FOX of a Fiance! :bigsmile:

Friend Request coming your way!
  • Alicia744384
    Alicia744384 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When you want to eat, do something else, like crunches, stretches, yoga, take a walk/run, call a friend, etc.. It's important to replace what is not good with something that is...

Keep your mind focused on what is positive and good. Keep your goals in the forefront of your mind, anticipating how wonderful it will be to see your fiance again, and the joy you will experience with your wedding.. Meditate and get a vision of what you're going to look like after your 20 pound loss, and recall it everytime you want to do something that's going to move you away from your goal/dream..

I am thankful for men like yours that fight for our country. You're a blessed woman to have a strong and courageous man. Remember, stay focused on the prize.

Big hugs to you dear, and God Bless you.

Alicia
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you and thanks to your hubby to be. For every military person out there it takes someone here at home to also make sacrifices. You are a hero in your own right too... Keep that in mind and remeber you are worth the work! Keep your chin up!
  • richmondcowgirl
    richmondcowgirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie - my husband is retired military and it is so hard to say goodby! I feel for you. But you have this opportunity to make a difference in yourself and surprise the ****ens out of him. you can do this and we are here for you.

also, thank him for his service to our country and thank you for standing by him and supporting him. Don't forget, the separations are hard on him also!

Funny - I didn't add the little **** - not a bad word at all, I guess MFP is really censoring!

I love when censorship goes wrong.... they made you a potty mouth
  • DR10
    DR10 Posts: 6
    Options
    :happy: You can do this, just focus on the weeding plans, and how happy and surprised he will be when he see you again. I am sure you have a lot of work to do planning this weeding, make that your main focus and you'll be fine.

Best Wishes:bigsmile:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Thank you....and I thank him.....for this sacrifice. It is a huge sacrifice that deserves so much honor, respect and gratitude from all the rest of us.

It break my heart and makes me proud all at once.

You can do this.
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    First and foremost: *hugs* to you and your fiance! I can't fully understand what you must be going through, but from all these posts, it seems you have a lot of people that would support you and help you through this rough time! YOU CAN DO IT! Dont go home if you think your going to raid the cupboards, take a walk instead, call a friend, log on to MFP, whatever will keep your mind off over eating! You will look AMAZING in that wedding dress and I believe your finace will think: "DAMN"! Add me if you want. Good luck to you! THANK YOUR FINACE FOR ALL US, HE'S OUR HERO!
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    First of all, THANK YOU for being the supportive fiancee you are. THANK YOU to your fiance for serving and sacrificing for our country and for us. I know thank you is not enough but that is what I can offer and prayer for you, him, and all of our troops and families.

I believe in you that you will accomplish your goals. If you need some extra support feel free to add me as a friend. You are not alone!

Again, THANK YOU!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I work civil service for the military and see spouses and active duty memebers go through this on a monthly basis. First, thank you SOO much for your service to this country. For allowing your spouse to serve our country through military service and for supporting him and your family while he is away. You are truly the rock and the foundation our military force stands on! Now, allow yourself 24 hrs to grieve his departure. Its natural to be sorrowful and down through this transition period. After 24 hours, start counting down the days until he returns and commit to doing somethign healthy for yourself and him every day until he returns. At the end of his deployment, you'll be healthier and stronger, he'll have a super hot bride to return to and you'll start your marriage off on the highest of highs. 24 hrs, then start moving forward. It will be worth it in the end!! good luck.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
    This is to you and him for all the sacrifices you are making for the country!
    On this site, you will find support when you need it!
  • ShortayBaybay
    Options
    You can do this, you have tons of supporters behind you, who are there for you whenever you need them, you may not know a lot of them, but they are there for you!!! You'll be smokin' hot by the time your husband returns home, just stay focused, motivated and push and you'll be there in no time.

My husband left last August, and i've lost 40lbs since he left, it's not easy being away from our loved ones but we're strong :) Although, my husband isn't deployed, I know what it's like to have them away from you for long periods of time!!! My husband is getting ready to be away from his family for a couple of years, it's DEF a different lifestyle!

If you need anything, i'm here! :)

Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • karmenjeff
    Options
    God bless both of you. You can do it! Think of how awesome you are going to feel when you are walking down the aisle to meet him in the church! Keep focused and good luck!!
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Coming from a military wife, I understand your pain and concerns. I waited 10 months before I could spend time with my active duty husband. We got married in the middle of it without an actual wedding ceremony, honeymoon, etc. We've been together for over a year and a half and only married for 7 months and I'm just now getting to live with him these past 3 months. Be strong, this is a very stressful situation and our diets do suffer for it if we use food as a crutch. I've dropped weight before seeing him, I've gained as well but I think if you want to look good for yourself and your man while he's away you'll revert your energy elsewhere and make it happen. I'm an emotional eater as well and it's tough doing things a certain way for years and still not learning your lesson. Eating doesn't heal the pain, it just makes it go away temporarily.

It's so messed up though because food tastes so good, and people use it world wide for more than just nourishment. Food is a way to connect, it makes us feel good, feel better but its also one of our worst enemies. I'm going through the same issues and my husband is actually here lol. I try and find an outlet through eating healthier and working out but I always seem to all off. You can do this if you really want it and put an effort towards it, I'm learning this everyday. You want to look amazing for yourself and your future hubby, You deserve to look your best on your wedding day. Focus on what you want. Just remember two things: Einstein's definition of insanity (doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result) and looking back at this very moment next year. Will things still be the same? Or will you find yourself still loosing to emotional eating?
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You are strong I could not stand the waiting...I'm active duty USAF and think the spouses ( including my husband) have it harder. When im gone its so far from normal that its easier to keep yourself busy. As for food, keep things like grapes, apples, carrotts and popcorn around. Things when you feel bad you can snack on without wrecking your diet. You will look awesome on your wedding!
  • ghost6775
    Options
    You can truly do this. Work on your goals and remember that he will be home to a new you soon. The harder you focus on you goal of looking good for him when he gets back the FASTER he gets back to you. Trust me time will fly. You have all these wonderful people on MFP to help you through
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you brought tears to my eyes. you took the first step, asking for support. You are strong, you can do this. don't focus on the sadness, think about the happiess that will be taking place in your life. just think, you are going to lose the weight and when your fiance sees you again, he will fall in love with you all over again. keep your chin up. just focus on your journal and stay on point. feel free to add me.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It's hard, I know, but you can do it. I used my husband's first deployment to get in better shape. Just keep thinking about how his eyes are going to light up when he sees you again! Plus, if you're getting married in April (based on your profile), that's only 3 short months away! You can do it!
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Do your best to meet your goal but do it for yourself. Your fiance will be so glad to see you standing there when he gets home, he won't care what you look like. You will be beautiful to him. Same goes for when he sees you walking down the aisle. Don't load up on any more stress than you need to. Don't buy foods you know are triggers, avoid fast food, and try to get in a little exercise every day. Blessings to you and prayers for your fiance's safe return. Happy life!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hon, just when I think I have it bad, I think of gals like you. My husband goes to another state for four months every year to do Income Taxes. I usually stay at our summer home while he is gone. At least I can Skype mine every day. Some days we Skype 5-6 times. I get to see him once a month when I drive up there to see him.

I decided this year I was really going to focus on weight loss and working out while he was gone. I lost *16* pounds in January! Why don't you friend me so we can be busy together. It really helps me to keep focused and work out every day coming here. When I see my hubby mid February I may have lost 20+ pounds,

You can do it. And thank your dear hubby for his service. xoxoxo ♥
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you! The hardest thing I have ever done was hug my son good-bye when he deployed to Iraq...Thank God he is now home safe with his wife and son...

Step away from the chocolate and go hit the gym...when you are having a bad day, take it out in exercise...

Prayers for his safety and for strength to both of you...

Military wives are fierce! (and military moms arent' too shabby themselves!) :glasses: