First movie date

Options
_SusieQ_
_SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
Do you remember the first movie you saw with your SO?

Mine was "Say Anything" with John Cusack, circa 1989.

Replies

• MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh God...Joe DIrt!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. And it was our FIRST date. We saw the Incredibles. And took this picture...

wyman_2-1.jpg
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Midnight showing of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    "Space Cowboys"

The theater wouldn't accept cards, and I didn't bring cash, so she paid. Won't let me forget it either.
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    We saw Titanic.

I LOVE the movie "Say Anything".
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Gosh ... I don't remember .. that makes me sad! I bet he remembers .. he's good at that stuff.

OH WAIT! I DO REMEMBER!! We had only been dating a couple months, hadn't really done any 'date night' stuff, or PDA ... we went to see Fight Club at Red Rocks Amphitheater, and kinda held hands under the jacket we were covering our legs up with. I remember feeling all butterfly-ish about it!

The outdoor amphitheater hangs a screen on the concert stage and shows films during the week all summer long. It's really quite amazing.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Grudge

On the way there I punched his ceiling and yelled "PADIDDLE!" making this loud crash sound.
    He just stares at me.
    "So, when I see a car with one headlight, ya, uhm, I punch the ceiling and yell padiddle.. and...uhm.."
    "Sure... ok...."

The beginning of many awkward moments, brought to you by me.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    The Men Who Stare at Goats ... or... maybe it was Borat.

Either way - we laughed hard :laugh:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Green Card
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Grudge

On the way there I punched his ceiling and yelled "PADIDDLE!" making this loud crash sound.
    He just stares at me.
    "So, when I see a car with one headlight, ya, uhm, I punch the ceiling and yell padiddle.. and...uhm.."
    "Sure... ok...."

Haha! Mine picked me up in his sweet looking orange and black camaro. Which rattle so loudly you would have thought there was a lawnmower in the back seat. Made conversation virtually impossible.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Grudge

He just stares at me.
    "Sure... ok...."

LOL Ohhh I haven't played Padiddle in a while ..or Punch Buggy...that was big during HS lol...many bruises from that game.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Honestly don't remember... I'm sure I could come up with it if I REALLY thought about it, but it was over 5 years ago...
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think it was "Midnight in Paris", about a month ago (we've been together for 6). We're not really movie-date people, so it took us awhile to finally sit down and watch one together.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Well, that would have been 2005, and I'm pretty sure it was Hitch!
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    Mine was back in 06 and we went to see 'Slither' we also left 20 minutes into the film lol
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    That Star Trek Movie when they had to save the whales in Anaheim CA. It was our very first date! That was 26 yrs ago and we are still together married for 23 yrs! :happy:
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Scrooged. December 1988. He also brought me a Baby Fozzie muppet baby that they were selling at McDonalds. I still have it.
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • MrCaleb
    MrCaleb Posts: 26
    Options
    My wife and I went to *kitten* 2 in theater for our first movie date. The funniest part about the whole thing was listening to 3 drunk 40+ year old cowboys that were sitting behind us.
  • johnny_k
    johnny_k Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When Harry Met Sally