First movie date

Options

Replies

• rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    We went to the drive in to see a Cheech and Chong Movie (an old one) at a drive-in in the hispanic part of town.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    ugh...I think it was some Freddie Kruger thing.....:noway:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    We rented Pearl Harbor on our first date which was sad since he only had a 13" T.V. and I couldn't read the subtitles.

The first time we went to a theater might have been when we went with some of my college friends to see the Hulk (the one with Eric Bana).
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    see spot run..in 2001
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Se7en

too bad gwenyths head wasnt really in the box....
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    We both worked for the movie theater (that's how we met) and it was 1988 we saw The Great Outdoors, and he held my hand thru the whoie movie!! And we have been together ever since!!

Jeez...I miss free movies!!! :sad:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    ugh...I think it was some Freddie Kruger thing.....:noway:
    Oh...I missed the "with your SO" part. That would be "History of Violence" (rented), but we made out through it. At the theatre, it was the one with Robin Williams where he was a politician (Man of the Year)...wasn't very good and we made out through that one too...like a couple of teenagers...LOL!
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Nope - but I remember the first film I saw with a girlfriend. It was the first Alien movie, memorable because the young nurse I was with me was blonde, gorgeous, bossomy and all over me when the lights went out.

That film has a special place in my ... erm .. affections :wink:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    my husband and i have only been to 2 movies in the theater since we started dating 6 years ago. i do remember the first movie he and i watched at his house, super troopers... freaking awesome... we celebrate the whole broken lizard library... that and grandmas boy...
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    "Space Cowboys"

The theater wouldn't accept cards, and I didn't bring cash, so she paid. Won't let me forget it either.

Good woman.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    "Space Cowboys"

The theater wouldn't accept cards, and I didn't bring cash, so she paid. Won't let me forget it either.
    Good woman.
    She certainly is...
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings Return of the King.

Second movie was Passion of the Christ. That is SO not a date movie. We still laugh about our lack of judgment.
  • mimirenea
    Options
    Mine was The Exorcism of Emily Rose, 2005. Were both huge horror fanatics!! I tend to get more easily scared than him lol
  • Ireshgurl
    Options
    The first movie me and the hubby watched together was Eragon, in December of 2006. The book was soooo much better.......
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    We saw High Fidelity.. then we got married a few months later (married 12 years, this year)!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    It was July 2007 - The simpsons Movie lol :)

First ever movie that we watched was on tv the first time we hung out - American Pie (The first movie) That would have been June that year :)
  • Fififantastic
    Options
    Haha, I was only talking about this yesterday. Back when I was a teenager (long time ago) My boyfriend had a old sandman panel van which he spent every weekend working on. It was the 80's and it was the fashion to line the inside of the back of the van with fake fur and mirrors etc. So when it was finished and complete with blue shaggy fake fur, mirrors along the walls and a mattress with a fake fur cover, (my Dad was not impressed) we went to the drive-in movies. He lit candles and had flowers and chocolates for me. I thought it was very romantic. We went to the kiosk to get some food and left the candles burning in the back of the van and when we got back the car was on fire!!!
  • Fififantastic
    Options
    P.S I cant remember what the movie was, but I'll never forget that night. LOL
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Schindler's List - we made out the whole time.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    Stepmom with Julia Roberts

I really wanted to see this movie but it turned out to be so uncomfortable as we were a new couple and he already had two children. I just wanted to watch a movie but couldn't help but to picture myself in those situations!

Oh well - 13 years later - I guess it worked out :)