for those who have lost weight

Options
Did /you loose weight by also exercising? Or just calorie counting? Also how long did it take u to loose that amount of weight? Today is my first day and I'm truly looking forward to my success!!

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Hi :)
    I count calories and exercise. I started 11 months ago, and I've lost 57 lbs so far. I exercise 5-6 days per week for 30-60 minutes each day.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I started last May. I didn't add exercise until October. I lost 23 pounds with diet alone, and then since October, I've lost another 15 pounds.
  • kealey1318
    kealey1318 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started at the beginning of this month with minimal exercise. I have lost 14 pounds to date and I am going to be starting the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to try to keep the weight loss going the right direction and to firm up.

Good luck to you!
  • hrcowman
    hrcowman Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only count calories [1350 per day] and I do a miniscule amount of walking. I lost 31lbs in a little over 4 months.
  • awdhemi
    awdhemi Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I started in July, and have lost 63 pounds. I eat 1200 cals (more if i work out). I started doing Just Dance on the Wii just to get me moving. Then I progressed to Zumba on the Wii and my treadclimber. I try to work out 5-6 days at least 30 minutes (more if I can).
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Counting cals as well as exercising. Before I counted cals, I exercised however I never knew just how much I was taking in versus what I burned. Now I just about count everything including (any) supplements.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Diet and exercise for me, since day 1.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I do both. I started in February 2011, I didn't seriously start working out until mid-March, then In April, started P90X. Weight came off pretty fast just counting calories in the beginning, then seriously started falling off doing exercise too!
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    i've lost 34lb over the last 3 months, mainly calorie counting, but i have started a little exercise 4-5 times a week
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey - I've lost 20 lbs so far in 3 months by eating between 1100 and 1400 calories and working out (pretty hard, for an hour) four to five times a week.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My goal was a slow steady loss.
    To do better, not to be perfect. Figuring the more livable it was the more likely I'd be to stick with it.

I only counted calories (and nutrition) lost the first 25 over 9 months (with a months break for a health scare)

Lost another 7 lbs after that.

Been here since Sept 2010....
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i count and exercise 4 times a week (just 20mins some days) ive been on 4 month
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I started out counting calories and exercising, then just exercising (weight loss slowed way down), then went back to both again a couple of months ago. Steady loss since I went back to do doing both.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Both. I lost inches when I started running, but I didn't start losing lbs until I started calorie counting on here. I find both together works well.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I have always exercised. Changing my diet and continuing with my workouts helped me lose the weight.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I started in september counting mostly - 1 day a week of exercise thrown in. I wanted to get one new set of routines down first before adding in another. I'm starting to try to incorporate more exercise now...
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Exercise is a huge part of being healthy. Even if you don't start right away, i would recommend sooner than later. It will really help you lose faster and help your metabolism speed up.
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Since August of 2011 I have lost 28 pounds. The first 2 months, I wasn't exercising much...maybe 3 times a week with a 10-15 minute walk. After October, I was walking 3 times a week for 30 minutes and have gradually increased to an hour of walking 5 days a week.
  • liatski
    liatski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started exercising first, and when I felt like nothing was happening, I started logging on MFP- that helped.
  • CronoCX
    CronoCX Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    First I lost 52lbs since febrauary 2011 so almost about a year.
    Second I counted calories and cut down big on sugar drinks and started drinking almost all water.
    3rd Worked out 1-3 times a weeks up until 50lbs lost. Then for the last 10 I work out 1-2 times a week but, also walk a lot and still keep track of my cals but a little loose on staying under. So far its been how i wanted it nice and slow for the last 10lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!