• Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    <~~~Single here also. :smile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    <
    single. In my group of friends there are only 2 of us that are single and the other happens to be male so it always looks like we are all couples, so when we do group things its not like I feel like a 5th or 7th wheel or anything like that but sometimes it does suck.

You should joing the single group on here, there are actually a lot of us in there.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I did not say I had a problem with it or I was unfulfilled. It just seems that we singles do not talk about it. The marrieds or in a relationshipers (not sure of a better term) talk about it pretty regularly. I do everything myself and I recognize there are good and bad things to every situation (such as being in a relationship), I was just trying to find my peeps and maybe get some insight.

By the way, it does suck always being the single friend. You know that whole 3rd, 5th, 7th wheel thing.

Well it's only natural for many people to say "oh me and my _______ went hiking" or whatever. The rest of us aren't going to say "yeah, so I went hiking the other day by myself and . . . ," it's just "I went hiking."
  • melie_gr
    Options
    certainly not! :-)
  • ShazMc73
    ShazMc73 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can relate to this; hate being the only single person around... not many datable guys in my part of the world and I am not what they are looking for anyway. Blah...
  • away3000
    Options
    Nope, single here as well.

Just wanted to say I like the tattoos!
  • ldmendes
    ldmendes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had a SO and now he's a SOB! Sticking to single for now, but keeping my options open..
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Nope. You're not the only one. pouty.gif
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    If MFP forums are any indicator, most people's significant other is jealous of them and sabotaging their efforts by bringing home tasty food.

Also, it's important to check their text messages. When you begin to use MFP, spouses tend to dip their hook into other fishing holes, if you know what I mean...
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    <
    Single and getting more single everyday :/
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm usually single.. i like it, its far easier to keep one person happy than two people
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i might be forever alone if my current streak keeps happening and i could seriously use someone and won't lie about being happy that is pure BS
  • Niki130
    Niki130 Posts: 85
    Options
    Nothing wrong with being single :)
  • danizaga
    danizaga Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    single, loving and also kid free. can't imagine how different and stressed life would be.
  • sruffin9834
    Options
    i might be forever alone if my current streak keeps happening and i could seriously use someone and won't lie about being happy that is pure BS

Warrior, why is it so devastatingly difficult for you to be single? I'm pretty dog on single (by choice) and I don't car.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Definitely not!! But I wonder why it is so hard for some people to meet and go out with people while others always seem to have someone around? I have a lot of friends...but never seem to have a SO in sight... Anyone else noticed this?

This is me right here!

Gotta agree with this too. There are people I know who always have a boyfriend/girlfriend. And then there are people like me who don't and have 0 prospects. And then there are people who are dating and yet their bf/gf treats them like ****!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, late in the night, when I'm wearing earplugs, all I can hear are the rabid, drunken snore-grunts of my man. Late in the night, at that very moment, I wish I was single.

oh, i do NOT miss those days.
  • canroadrunner
    canroadrunner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Single. Would rather be single than in a bad relationship but do I want to grow old alone- HELL, NO. Looking......
  • trolkeeper
    trolkeeper Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i have had two. I am truly enjoying being by myself right now. Will I ever find someone ? Who knows, never say never, but for now I am satisified with me. It took me a long time to get to this point, I never felt complete without someone. In reality they were just telling me how to live my own life because I was too insecure to do it myself