Jullian michaels.... The biggest winner.. ?

Options
Today i dusted off my jillian michaels, the biggest winner dvds. I have had these for a while now and this is the first time i have even played them. Holy crabapples!! I can tell i am way out of shape!

Is anyone else doing this dvd workout? I know it is a little old but i have it, so why not do it..

Anyone have suggestions for beginner workout dvds? I really want to try zumba. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Jilliam Michaels 30 ripped in 30 days and Killer Buns and Thighs...I definetly get a workout...however, I tend to get dizzy from all the ups and downs....anyone else get dizzy???
  • pinkchick2006
    pinkchick2006 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Have not done those but anything by Jillian kicks my butt!! I do zumba and LOVE it!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 of week 2 of Ripped in 30. I am not loving it lol.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day ripped and do it every once in awhile because I'm old and can't move up and down as fast! HAH! I have other DVDs use more often - anything by Kelly Coffey-Meyers or Amy Dixon are great!
  • blooomers
    blooomers Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I want to try out the 30 day shred but after doing this dvd that i have now, i'm thinking i will wait until i'm not ready to kill over before i go buy it. ha!
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and I can definitely tell a difference in my body!! I haven't lost any pounds, but I've lost inches!! Can't wait to see the difference after I've completed the 30 days!
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    started doing round 2 of 30DS ( have done it before) and have downloaded the ripped in 30, will do that after this round :)

also after round 1 30 days i lost 2'' of my chest 3'' off my stomach and 5'' off my hips wooooo
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Jilliam Michaels 30 ripped in 30 days and Killer Buns and Thighs...I definetly get a workout...however, I tend to get dizzy from all the ups and downs....anyone else get dizzy???
    in the shred I get dizzy and have to just do buttkicks or whatever after the 2 min cardio routines go back and forth back anf forth. i can do straight "something" or switch it once but yeah i get dizzy!!
  • krystle_swope
    Options
    I've done all Jillian's DVDs and it gets to the point that I have to put her on mute and blast music. I can't stand her. lol
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options

How's the Buns & Thighs work out?? I thought about getting this one to use in rotation with other things after I finish 30 Day Shred. I wanna get my sexy legs back. Decent isn't cutting it anymore.
  • petreebird
    petreebird Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 4 Level 3 of Ripped in 30 and have decided to draw this level out for 2 weeks instead of 1....yep, she's trying to kill me!!! :noway:
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm on D9L3 of 30DS and my kids bought me Zumba for Christmas and I love it!!!!
  • blooomers
    Options
    This is the first time i have followed any workout dvd. The inside of my shins hurt like crazy! And i finished the workout an hour ago. ugh!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I should really get back to these - as I didn't lose weight - but there was DEFINITE definition....

My shins ALSO hurt like hell. Its the damn jump roping. I switched to just doing jumping jacks anytime I was supposed to do jump roping and my shins stopped hurting. Thought I just was jumping funny - but it would seem that there are A LOT of people with this problem. It just be the combination of different stuff.
  • tamerkins2
    Options
    I am thinking of starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow! But I LOVE Zumba - it is so fun that it hardly even seems like working out. I am always drenched in sweat though, so I know it is working!
  • llana002
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for the past week and I love it! But I also feel like I need to mix it up as well. I've been reading a lot about 30DS on MFP and today a co-worker said she would lend it to me to try! I'm so excited! I feel like I'm cheating on Zumba lol so I hope this is worth it!

Also I'm doing the Lose 10lbs in February Challenge tomorrow so this will be perfect!
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I do Ripped in 30, currently on week two as I was seriously out of shape! I love Jillian, but I get tired of hearing the same stuff so once I know the exercises I put on my mp3 player and go at it! I love how she packs so much in so quick! I have no excuses for not doing it, as almost anyone can find 20 mins.
  • blooomers
    Options
    ok.... stupid question alert!! Every time i do any jumping exercises i feel like i have to go pee!!! So of course it rather hard to do them. What the heck?
  • llana002
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for the past week and I love it! But I also feel like I need to mix it up as well. I've been reading a lot about 30DS on MFP and today a co-worker said she would lend it to me to try! I'm so excited! I feel like I'm cheating on Zumba lol so I hope this is worth it!

Also I'm doing the Lose 10lbs in February Challenge tomorrow so this will be perfect!
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    fellow "Shredder" here! 30 Day shred that is...... Woot Woot!