When friends post crap on Facebook...

...about using HCG, Cabbage Soup Diet, Body by Vi, Shakeology, Isagenix, Herbalife, etc., do you suggest MFP as an alternative?

Has anyone ever taken you up on it? Reactions?

Replies

• infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Of my friends that are not on MFP, they did not take my suggestions to try it over other quick fix methods.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    I have so many family members that made accounts after I suggested it to them, and haven't touched them in months and months. Now I don't have much sympathy for them when they whine about being fat and not knowing what to do about it on FB.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    They don't want to listen. It actually means they have to work at it so :noway:
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Of my friends that are not on MFP, they did not take my suggestions to try it over other quick fix methods.
    Same story here. I tried...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    What's HCG? this is second time I saw this term...
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    If asked, I will tell anyone how I have lost the weight to date. I even have a couple of friends that have joined MFP at my recommendation.

That being said, I will offer once only. After that, it is up to the individual to decide for themselves. MFP has worked wonders for me but there are other "systems" out there that work.

Like an "addict" I had to get to the point where I needed to ask for help. At that time I found MFP. Same goes for anyone else.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    I like Starburst.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    I like Starburst.

mmm but only the pink ones
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    I like Starburst.
    The pink ones are made of chicken slurry.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    I have passed this site on to whomever has said they wanted to loose weight. Infact there are three people on here I know because I brought them here hehe :)
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    I have so many family members that made accounts after I suggested it to them, and haven't touched them in months and months. Now I don't have much sympathy for them when they whine about being fat and not knowing what to do about it on FB.

I have friends who have done the same damn thing. Finally unfriended my real life friends :laugh:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    I've recommended it to a few family members who are always complaining about their weight - at the most they'll go on here for a few days and then quit....

The way I see it, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
  • I have 6 friends that joined after I suggested it. Only one is active every day, three are on here sporadically, and 2 that haven't logged on in months. Not a bad track record, if you ask me :laugh:

Edit: There are a handful more, like 4 that I know of, that downloaded the app to use the food diary. But they never told me their user IDs no friended me so I have no idea if they use it or not.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I generally don't chime in with suggestions unless I am asked.
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    not really...I like MFP all for me!! Is that awful????

People dont want a sensible approach to weight loss anyways...tracking food and excercize is about as sensible as you can get...no magic pill or potion!
  • mmmm chicken slurry...
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    I like Starburst.
    The pink ones are made of chicken slurry.

Those are the best kind! The chicken slurry tastes like strawberry ice cream!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    I try to, but some just wanna use some livestrong website, and the other wants to go to weightwatchers or something.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    I have tried getting sooooo many of my friends to join this site because it's awesome and it means they would be losing the right way not the fad diet way, but none of them listen! So frustrating!
  • I dont talk to any of my facebook friends about MFP or me weightloss in general, They will all find out after I lose 45 more pounds and post pictures, if then, they as what i did, I will recommend MFP :)