The PCOS VENT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS ongoing thread:)

Options
Any woman with PCOS knows how difficult it can be to conceive and or lose weight and keep it off. This is a thread I started a while back and am just trying to continue the thread:) It's here for support and of course the ability to VENT! So vent away my darlings. We are all cysters together in this battle!
Feel free to Vent with us Whenever you need! Or if you have questions/comments about PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome):grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh:

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    I despise the fact that you have "blessed" me with this pregnant looking belly that...because of YOU, cannot actually BE a REAL pregnant belly! ugh.............IRONIC isn't it. You will not win. I am fighting you everyday.
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!! Oh how I would love a real pregnant belly and fertility drugs just don't work! :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :huh: :sad:
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to conceive, but I've been really frustrated with losing weight because of my PCOS. I went off the pill a year ago, and in the past year, I've been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs. over and over again. I can't seem to get below my lowest (which is 15 lbs. from my goal weight, the top of the "normal" BMI range for my height). I've been able to keep the weight off, for the most part, other than those 10 lbs., which is good I guess, but i still have a ways to go and would really like to see some progress again. It is really frustrating and depressing when things bounce around so much and there are no real losses. :grumble:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I hated all the extra hair growth, the fact it took me so long to get pregnant with baby 2 and acne. It's all finally calmed down, but it was hell for many years!
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, but I have a baby (that I conceived after losing weight in 2010 with the help of myfitnesspal) I know this is a vent place, but I do want to also encourage you. It is possible to lose enough to conceive!

Getting the baby weight off though....that's an even harder battle!

Dear PCOS, I hate how you mock us with these foul features. Why do you make it too easy to gain weight, but to lose it may mean losing our sanity and confidence in ourselves? I just pray that my daughter never has to understand the torment you put women through. Stay away from her you evil...you know.
  • cece62002
    Options
    PCOS GET'S ON MY NERVES! I will beat it though. I am tired of the irregular periods, weight gain, acne and the list goes on! I am tired of my body acting like it is pregnant when it's not. I am not worried though. I will just continue to work harder and I WILL beat this nasty thing. Good luck ladies!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I hate having a beard the most.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options

I'm always sanding my face & pluking
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I have PCOS and I took fertility pills to achieve both of my pregnancies. Thankfully the lowest dose worked for me. I'm done having kids now and I'm glad I can't conceive without the fertility drugs lol
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS too and at the ripe old age of 44 (ha), I've had enough. The weight that I've put on around my middle is just ridiculous. I joined MFP at the start of January and have managed to lose 10 lbs, but that seems to have slowed down to a crawl. I read yesterday that now I have to cut WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY back on my carbs because of the whole insulin resistance crap. AAACCK! :grumble:

Combining that with Fibromyalgia, frankly, I think someone should just take me out and have me shot. :tongue:

It's like fighting a never ending battle - I WANT to get rid of the weight (I have 100 lbs to lose) - and I'm really gung ho, but after reading all of the depressing literature on how PCOS affects that process...well, it just makes me want to give up and eat my body weight in KFC. :sad:

But - I will persevere to the very best of my abilities...and to the rest of you - keep your chin up and your ovaries down.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

I loathe you. I hate that you're making conception for baby #2 so damn difficult. I hate the hair and acne you leave all over my face, and the fact that you make it so hard for me to lose weight. You are such a nuisance in my life, but you will NEVER win. I will fight you for as long as I have to. I will make it impossible for you to rule my life.

Worst wishes and good riddance,

Another Cyster :)
  • ThisisMiss
    Options

I pluck and all under my chin is one big dark area from it. I am always trying to hide it and never tilt my head up very far because of it. It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever had to deal with.
  • Sauchie
    Options

I pluck and all under my chin is one big dark area from it. I am always trying to hide it and never tilt my head up very far because of it. It's one of the most embarrassing things I've ever had to deal with.

I started using cover up and a epilator for 2 months daily and I'm showing good progress it stings and you do get minor side effects like pimples that are gone the next day but I'm loving it so far. worth the pain to look normal.
  • Melroxsox
    Options

I started using cover up and a epilator for 2 months daily and I'm showing good progress it stings and you do get minor side effects like pimples that are gone the next day but I'm loving it so far. worth the pain to look normal.
    Epilators are awesome!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Im skipping my Clomid this month. I think Im going to do One month ON clomid and one month off....I don't want to kill my ovaries...plus doing everything in my power to lose this friggen weight....it comes off so slow with PCOS....Im talking snails pace....but I suppose thats not all a bad thing. As long as I keep it off!:wink:
  • princessputz
    princessputz Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Im skipping my Clomid this month. I think Im going to do One month ON clomid and one month off....I don't want to kill my ovaries...plus doing everything in my power to lose this friggen weight....it comes off so slow with PCOS....Im talking snails pace....but I suppose thats not all a bad thing. As long as I keep it off!:wink:

Ask your RE or OB about Femara it got me preggo and less side effects. I miscarried but it wasn't because of the Femara.
  • ThisisMiss
    Options

I need to invest in one. The hair just grows so fast!

I know a lot of women who decided to not take Clomid every monh as well. Are you also taking Metformin? A few were able to still get preggo on a Clomid free month because they were on Metformin still. I didn't need fertility drugs so I am not all too knowledgable on them...
  • Sauchie
    Options
    i think I might re up my script after the weightloss my type 2s sugars fairly low so I stopped.
  • DirtbikeGal
    DirtbikeGal Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hate the very resistant to leave muffin top. The acne...but it does go away once I get into the 160's. But its always an uphill battle to get there even with metformin er:(
  • barbied123
    barbied123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing is that I can eat GREAT and exercise and still lose hardly anything.

The hair on my face is the worst part about it.

Wait, no, I take that back. Not being able to get pregnant because of it is the worst part about it. I always thought I had it, but until my doctor told me I did was when it really hit me. That's why I joined MFP! :)