Can we talk about partners who go down...

Options

Replies

• jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Mine uses his tools to remodel my warm and cozy home.

=)

Mine uses his tool to keep me hot & bothered.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I am SUCH an airhead! I didn't even get it, even after reading all the "you got me" comments. And I was wondering why OP bolded Oreos. :laugh: I was like wow OP must really like their Oreos. :laugh:

Seriously. It was about Oreos. I love them more than life itself.

Ask my friends. I eat them almost every night. :happy:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    can't think of a thing!:sad:
  • htorrespr
    Options
    sooooo not what I was thinking this thread was gonna be about... :blushing:

Got me too! I was like, really, that topic here LOL...
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Mine does everything and anything I ever need him to do and most of the time I don't even have to ask!
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    would never go out of his way to do anything for me. Guess takes out the garbage and cleans cat box. That is the extent of his work. Expects me to cook, waitress and bus his dirty dishes but wouldnt bring me anything from another room under any circumstances. Would call me lazy for asking.
  • RuthlessB
    RuthlessB Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this MFP TOGETHER!!!................LOVE IT!!! We each have our own cheerleader!!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    would never go out of his way to do anything for me. Guess takes out the garbage and cleans cat box. That is the extent of his work. Expects me to cook, waitress and bus his dirty dishes but wouldnt bring me anything from another room under any circumstances. Would call me lazy for asking.

Wow, I'm glad this is in the past tense.
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    He's cute, funny, a great dad, affectionate, understanding, indulgent, helps with laundry and cooking...what else could I want?
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Mine is putting himself through school while working a job that makes him sick just for his family. He buys me chocolate because for some unknown reason every time he buys me chocolate I lose weight. He is supportive, pushes me, helps with the kids, takes care of the stuff outside, helps with bills and so much more.

The thing that I am most thankful for is that he moved to where I live, leaving all of his family and friends behind. He says it is because I've been here my whole life and he moved his whole life (army brat and then Navy). He didn't want me to have to move.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

I'm sorry - there are plenty of other complaining threads here. This is NOT one of them.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Kindly leaves his socks under the dining room table so I know where to find them for laundry.
    Always holds the TV remote so it doesn't get lost
    Is always helpful and quick to give me tips on his sandwiches (ie.. not enough mayo, too much cheese etc etc)
    He is thoughtful of schedules and makes sure he sleeps until noon on sat and sun to make sure our schedules doesn't get switched and disorganized.

I will say.. though he has faults like us all, I know he loves me and I know he loves our kids... and would go down anywhere for any for us ;)
  • leavingfat
    leavingfat Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    He always kisses me and asks if I want to go somewhere as soon as he gets home, even though I know he'd rather rest from his day at work.

He also tells me pretty much every day that he's proud of me for eating right and going to the gym.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Mine does all kinds of nice and considerate things....

--Fixes various things around the house
    --Takes care of the kids & dogs when I have a migraine or am otherwise sick
    --Puts up with my BS
    --Listens to me when I've had a bad/good/indifferent day
    --Tells me that I'm beautiful even when I have the stomach flu
    --Cooks dinner
    --Works out with me
    --Watches the funky foreign films w/ sub-titles that I really enjoy (lol)
    --Helps our daughter w/ division & multiplication flashcards in the AM
    --Washes my car
    --Will do laundry AND put it away

I could go on all day long! Many times I never have to ask - he will do things that I will appreciate.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    makes me feel as sexy and as beautiful as I ever was even though I gained over 100 lbs. He loves me when I am being a total B. And supports me and always tells me when I fall off the wagon, you will nail it this time!
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    Well, I am the guy... and here is what I do... though, I do work from home:

100% of all grocery shopping.
    I cook FULL meals 4x a week
    I do laundry, but I don't fold them.... wife hates the way I fold
    I make her coffee every morning while she gets ready for work
    I house clean
    I take the kids to CCD and all after school activities
    I take the kids to the YMCA every Saturday morning so my wife can have some "me" time.
    And I also do all the stuff most men are expected to do.

And I go down...... :0
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    my bf will make me laugh no matter how MAD he makes me during the day, he is being very supportive of me trying to lose weight and when i feel like I'm getting nowhere he always throws in a compliment to make me feel better... AND he has financially supported me when I was unemployed and now that I am in school. He's pretty awesome, even though he drives me crazy some days! Oh, and he's damn sexy ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever met another human being who just "got" me like he does. He knows everything to know about me. And loves me anyway.

And he makes a stiff gin and tonic. I think he throws in an extra shot to get me drunk and take advantage of me and my DD's....
  • ChickenTuna
    ChickenTuna Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My husband does everything for me!!! Cooks, cleans, does laundry...all so I can come home and relax at the end of the day.
    He works out with me and pushes me hard even on days when he does not feel like exercising.
    He constantly motivates me in everything I do.
    He tells me he loves me several times a day... everyday.
    He kisses me when he first wakes up in the morning and always before we part and again when we get back home.
    He tolerates my moods
    @!
    Who could ask for more.:smile:
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever met another human being who just "got" me like he does. He knows everything to know about me. And loves me anyway.

And he makes a stiff gin and tonic. I think he throws in an extra shot to get me drunk and take advantage of me and my DD's....

Genuinely the most romantic thing I've heard all day.