Can we talk about partners who go down...

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My lovely husband of 7 years (been together 10 as of this month):

He goes down...

stairs to do the laundry, sometimes.

Takes care of the children (3 under 5) all by himself 2 days a week, including dressing, hair brushing and getting little girls ready.

Works hard and has financially supported me through almost 3 years of grad school.

Fully supports my bodybuilding endeavors and thinks women with muscles are incredibly sexy (and tells me how sexy mine are often).

Attempts to help with the house work and cooking but he's not very consistent with it.

Is turning 40 this year and as his mid-life crisis he hopes to race in the Leadville 100 (a 100 mile mountain bike rice). He's already started his training.

Lets me dress him.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Works his butt off

Helps with laundry, dishes, cleaning

Yard work and garbage duty

Gets up early to drop me off to get to work every day when he doesn't have to

Works out with me

Takes care of my car

Says I can quit my lousy job whenever I want, though I have not done so and he is supportive of anything I want to do

Is my best friend who will do pretty much anything and everything with me... though he did opt out of pottery classes, my girlfriend went instead lol... gotta have some separate activities too! I sure don't want to go play mens hockey with him!

He's kind, honest, generous, and fun! I love my husband. I could go on and on and ON, but I'll stop now :flowerforyou:
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The ex I just left was with me for a year and I can count the number of times he went down to the store on one hand. Absolutely tragic. I will never settle for that again.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Lets me enjoy my ME time shopping and giving me all his money. Lol!
  • jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    He does all of our cooking and I clean up as a trade off. He is my best friend and knows me better than I know myself. Is very good figuring out solutions to problems. Like when our moving truck broke down and keeps a level head where I have breakdowns. Values my opinions and respects me enough to have a different opinion than him. Doesn't always agree with me (which is a very good thing). I hate to admit but I'm not always right :sad: and do need other ways of looking at things. All in all he is a pretty great guy! :love:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Great thread, especially like the title!

My husband does the following and more for me:

* Cooks dinner once a week (I don't mind cooking, but it is nice that he does this for me)
    * Supports me on my MFP journey and even is on here, which is a choice he made himself.
    * Drops me off at the gym early in the morning before work on his way to work when he is on day shift.
    * Does the laundry and doesn't even mess it up! :smile:
    * Listens to me, even when I am being ridiculous.
    * Vaccums the floors and changes the kitty litter.
    * Shovels the snow.
    * Takes turns with me with making coffee.
    * Sometimes he clears the dishes and puts them in the dishwasher after dinner.

He does many other things as well, without him it would be much harder for me to go to school part time and work full time. He is also one of the very few in this world who gets me and how I work. I am lucky to have him in my life and I love him very much.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Why do I always fall for these dirty sounding threads. I'm not even married!
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    I love this thread, its so nice to see so many people post positive things about their spouse!
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    10 years of marriage -- not one unkind word, not one raised voice, not one huge fight.

-- She's been with me through 3 tours of Iraq and 1 tour of Korea (with Afghanistan on the horizon)

-- She fixes every meal, keeps a clean house, does all the laundry, gets all the groceries

-- I make the money, but she handles all the finances....I am never left wanting anything I wish to buy

-- She never nags, she always encourages

-- She might be a bigger NASCAR and NFL fan than me

She does all of this because....I go down? Perhaps that's why she doesn't care if I look at pr0n....because if I didn't, she wouldn't be able to walk.....
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My husband does the dishes (we do not have a dishwasher), watches the children while I work out and get out for a couple of hours on Saturdays, takes care of the yard, vehicles, etc.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    sooooo not what I was thinking this thread was gonna be about... :blushing:

me either..LOL guess our minds are in the gutter..:wink::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Mine fully supports my health goals - including the use of MFP, he's happily changed his cooking techniques to match our healthier lifestyles, he makes me laugh, and he gives the best hugs just when I need them! We've been married for ten years, and the longer we're together, the more I like him! :smooched:
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    You would never ever have to ask me to go down to the corner store! Cuz I'm always down there anyways!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    My darling husband rubs my feet almost every night.........and I mean really rubs em good! I get 2 minutes per toe :happy:
    Then I get my foot rubbed 2 minutes in the middle, 2 minutes at the top.......and 3 minutes for the heel!

Nothing relaxes me more than that......Sometimes I get my back massaged after that.

Did I mention I get to be a stay at home mom? I have the best job in the world....taking care of my family:heart:
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't complain when I go out with my girlfriends (partly because I do it less than 1 time per month!!).
    He gives the kids their baths!!!
    He does some of the cleaning, laundry and dishes. Maybe not as much as I would like but something is better than nothing.
    He completely supports my weight loss and getting healthy!!!

And of course, my first thoughts were completely in the gutter!!!
  • KXanthos
    KXanthos Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You all are making me jealous! :-)
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    Haha, what a good post! Mine never has to be told to go the corner store, he does it all on his own and seems to enjoy the oreos
    as much as me!

But anyway, he listens to me when I speak. I know that sounds crazy, but being married two other times, for some reason my other husbands ignored everything that I said. As long as I made money, cooked cleaned and took care of everything they didn't care what I said. But my present hubby listens and cares about everything I say. He also fixes everything and does all the maintenance of the house. He is not lazy. He appreciates me.
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Cooks dinner for me practically every night.

And he goes down to the corner store whenever I ask him to :blushing:

haha me also!! He also rubs my back and calfs when Jillian has kicked my butt and my body is sore
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ahahahahaha you got me
    ^^^^ME TOO!! :heart: :blushing: :heart: :wink:

Got me too!
    In answer to your question...My hubby cleans the bathrooms and takes care of my car. I have not cleaned a bathroom or pumped gas in years. :tongue:
    My hubby is my soul mate...my best friend in this world. :heart: I'm a lucky girl. :bigsmile: