Too stupid to function.

Options
brittanyjeanxo
brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
I started a new term in school today. My class has the same schedule as another class a whole term ahead. The following conversation ensues:

Teacher: "I had a student that went in for an interview and took out all her piercings, got dressed up really nice. When she got in for the interview, the lady that was interviewing her had quite a few piercings. Turns out I guess she didn't have to worry about it."
Girl: (about 2 minutes later, after everyone else had moved on) "Wait, so, like, they girl didn't even take out her piercings to go to an interview?"
Teacher: "No, it was the interviewer that had the piercings."
Girl: "Oh, so they made her take them out?"
Teacher: "...no, no one made anyone take their piercings out. The interviewEE had taken hers out, and it turned out she didn't need to."
Girl: "Oh, so then when she got the job, she took them out?"
Teacher: "No! No one made her take them out."
Girl: "Oh." *puts nose back in cell phone*

A few minutes later, the same girl, who admitted never having to take antidepressants and is also not a mother, said that if you can't function without your antidepressants, you shouldn't even "be able" to have a kid, and that it's "retarded" if you take Wellbutrin while breast feeding. She said "if you like, have to take them then you should at least get a breast pump so you don't hurt your baby".

:noway:

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Wow... O.e
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Please do humanity a favor and rip out her ovaries.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awkward.

I had a really weird moment in the food court at the mall today. I've had more then one but this one was most recent.

A janitorial cleaning person caught eye of my husband's brand new outdoor remote control helicopter and decided to walk up and comment on it. Which is totally fine!

But... you could tell the poor fellow wasn't exactly socially gifted. Mostly because of his mannerisms.

He could BARELY speak English as it was very deep slang, mostly "eubonics". That wasn't too shocking.

The really awkward tense moment was him throwing his broom and pan down on the ground and using full body gestures to describe his toys that were in LA for some reason.

This was going on while we were eating and others around us. Just seemed kind of funny! Friendly guy, just really out there. :happy:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I want to know how she made it to college. I really am not mean and don't want to come off sounding as such, but a little common sense goes hand in hand with general knowledge. I wonder if she is really that oblivious on a regualr basis or if she was having an off day. I really hope she was just tired, or preoccupied or something anything that woukd justify her responses...
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    :noway: WoW
    :sad: crying at humanity
    :huh: she doesn't have a boyfriend...right?
    :indifferent: God I hope not
    If so...I hope they use LOTS of protection :huh:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Yes. I think this almost daily. I truly can't believe how dumb people in college can be. So scary.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people need to just be sterilized for the good of mankind.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    yikes, I hope she was just on something today!
  • anabell31
    Options
    Haha, this made me laugh. I overheard a stupid moment in one of my classes today too. Two girls talking about how ugly they thought white tattoos were (which offended me, because I love them). And one said "So-and-so got a cross in white and then like went back and got it in dark." And the other girl's jaw DROPPED as she said "Ohmigod, you can change the colors?!"

I facepalmed... And had to try really hard not to say anything.
  • happylittleclam
    Options
    There are many of those kinds of kids in Universities and Colleges. Just getting an A or B in a class does not mean you have common sense and or social comprehension skills....and I've seen this firsthand.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but in the zombie apocalypse, it's good to not have so much competition for scarce resources. We're going to be glad there are a lot of idiots out there to keep the zombies occupied while we prepare our defense.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Haha, this made me laugh. I overheard a stupid moment in one of my classes today too. Two girls talking about how ugly they thought white tattoos were (which offended me, because I love them). And one said "So-and-so got a cross in white and then like went back and got it in dark." And the other girl's jaw DROPPED as she said "Ohmigod, you can change the colors?!"

I facepalmed... And had to try really hard not to say anything.

Doh!! Some people........def a facepalm moment.....

Sue :smile: x
  • bohoatthebeach
    Options
    I hate to say it, but in the zombie apocalypse, it's good to not have so much competition for scarce resources. We're going to be glad there are a lot of idiots out there to keep the zombies occupied while we prepare our defense.

you make a good point! :laugh:
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    But will a zombie want to eat THEIR brain/
  • bohoatthebeach
    Options

another good point! they'd probably just walk past them - i think zombies are smart enough to not waste their time on an empty head. (;
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options

another good point! they'd probably just walk past them - i think zombies are smart enough to not waste their time on an empty head. (;

Have you noticed how the kinds of conversations you're talking about seem perfectly normal to those having them?

i-see-stupid-people-590x395.jpg

The first zombies will be the worst of us, they won't know they're attacking other stupid people.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this phenomenon is not limited to teens and young adults. :ohwell: Makes you want to NOT drink the water...
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options

lol
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options

brains.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Breast pumps filter toxins? Good to know!!!!

How did this girl get into college?