Any ladies 5'7"ish go from 18/20 to 10/12 (UK Sizing)?

Options
Hey All,

As the title says... any ladies 5'7"ish go from 18/20 to 10/12 (UK Size)? I'm intrigued as to how much you needed to lose to achieve this? I'm currently 18/20 and weigh 237lb... Ideally i'd like to lose about 100lb but as I've never been slim I have NO IDEA how much realistically I'd need to lose to achieve a 10/12 figure? Any help, info would be so appreciated! Pics would be awesome too if you have any!

Thanks Ladies!

Cat xx

Replies

• cneale91
    cneale91 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    BUMP! im 5'9 and a size 18/20 atm im aiming to get down to a 12 and would also love to know how people are doing this. my start weight was 114kg and im now down to 107.7kg :) xx
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am currently a UK 10 top and 12 bottom. I weigh 152lbs at the moment, but it's not toned weight. Hope that helps?
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am 5''8 and in the past ( about 10 years ago) when I was a 10/12 I weighed around 10 stone. I suppose it depends on shape though.

I think sizing has changed now aswell.
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hey Swampstar,

Definately! All info is good info, so thank you! It's just so I can get a rough idea about how weights reflect into sizing... I know everyones different but it gives some rough estimates!

Thanks again!

Cat xx
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and 160lbs and a size 12. I am toned :-)
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Hi Krevil,

Great thank you! : ) xx
  • hyperkate
    Options

See my profile pic
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Awesome thanks Kate! : ) x
  • Swampstar
    Options
    I think sizing has definately changed, I was a 10 last year and can almost fit back into my skinny jeans from last year. Bought a pair the other week and I'm no way near being able to do them up, they're more like an 8!

The best piece of advice I've been given in recent months is to not look at the labels in clothes. I know I'm a 12, but some shops I need to get a 14 and some I can get a 10. It's crazy.
  • Swampstar
    Options

You're definately more toned than I am, from the same county too. I'm in Flitwick!
  • xlibbyx
    xlibbyx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6" and was struggling to get into size 12 trousers at 158lbs, but fitting somewhat better at 149lbs. I can sometimes get size 10 tops, but usually because of my boobs I need a 12 or a 14.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hi

Im 5'7 and 142lb and size 12 (prob 10/12 on top). I was a 14 (on bottom) and weighed 155. x
  • hyperkate
    Options

You're definately more toned than I am, from the same county too. I'm in Flitwick!
    [/quote

I too am in Flitwick!!!! ]
  • hyperkate
    Options

[/quote

I too am in Flitwick!!!! ]

And you look much more toned than me?!?! What is your name? :smile:
  • bbysars
    bbysars Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8-5'9 ish and I fit into a 10/12 at 160 and a comfortable 10 around 150. My body is semi toned but my weight is evenly distributed (very hourglass looking) so I think it's more of knowing where your body keeps your weight because you can weight 140 but still be a 12 if you're more of a pear shape.
  • gailashton
    Options
    Hello, I was actually a size 22 US and am now down to a 10/12 US just since the end of April 2011. If you want to become friends you can see my pictures. I started at 251 pounds and am now down to 165. If I can do it you can do it too with motivation and dedication to get to your goal!
  • kellyh2
    Options
    Hi im 5" 6 and currently weight 138lbs and am between a 10/12 most of my clothes are a 12, but that because of my hugh thighs. I can wear 10 tops though. But definately depends on what shop im in.
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi, im currently 172lbs 5.8ft and a size 10 on top and 12-14 on the bottom, once again depending on the shop and cut of the skirts and trousers!! I am an hour glass figure so thats probaly why my bottom half is bigger (and more annoying to get clothes) but I def keep my weight on my bum and thighs! so i guess it depends where you hold most of your weight as I can see from the previous psots we're all like 40lbs different and the same size!!

any ways good luck and keep po:drinker: sitive!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    5'7-and3/4s, UK 18, aiming for a small 14 (huge ribcage, so smaller is unlikely, though I'd LOVE to be a 12). Starting weight 111kg, now 98.4kg, and stalled it seems (grrr.), but aiming for around 25-35kg total loss. If you'd like to be friends, given that we have similar goals and stats, feel free to add me.
  • Frankilou25
    Frankilou25 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was actually a size 22 US and am now down to a 10/12 US just since the end of April 2011. If you want to become friends you can see my pictures. I started at 251 pounds and am now down to 165. If I can do it you can do it too with motivation and dedication to get to your goal!

OMG well done!! how did you do it all??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!