Any ladies 5'7"ish go from 18/20 to 10/12 (UK Sizing)?

Options

Replies

• starcollapsing
    starcollapsing Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    BUMP! im 5'9 and a size 18/20 atm im aiming to get down to a 12 and would also love to know how people are doing this. my start weight was 114kg and im now down to 107.7kg :) xx

I'm 5'9", 60.5kg and an 8-10 I think. I think I was an easy 12 at 67ish kg?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is me too (started at 106kg, 97kg now) I'm 5'7" and looking to get to size 12 :)
  • becjerami
    Options
    Hi, I'm just over 5'7" and currently 161lbs, down from 170lbs over quite a few months. At my largest I was a UK14 on top and a UK16-18 on the botton. I'm a pear shape, so currently about UK12 on top and 14 on the bottom. My goal is 136lbs which is lower than I was as a teenager and back then I weighed about 145-150lbs and a size 10 on top and 12 on the bottom. If you don't have big hips/thighs like me you can probably get to a 10-12 without losing so much weight. I may even reconsider this goal myself when I get a bit closer and see how I look/feel. I'm not overly toned (except on my legs) but I do have a high cardio fitness level.

For reference perhaps my measurements would be more useful to you since clothing sizes are so variable:

Bust: 94cm (C cup)
    Waist: 76cm
    Hip (measured at the top of the hip bone): 93cm
    Seat (like I said I'm a pear, so my widest part around my bum/upper thighs): 112cm
    Thigh (at the widest point): 64cm

Hope this helps!

Oh, and to lose weight I basically make sure I don't overeat (or undereat - see the recent thread 'An easier way to setup goal calories') and take regular exercise. No gimmicks or special 'diet' foods, just healthy living.
  • lsirelan
    lsirelan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Belly Fat Cure diet. It has been 20 days for me. I have limited my sugars to 15g per day and limited carbs to 165. Since I am keeping my sugars down, it makes the carbs and calories part easy. I have been under calories everyday by following this plan. I have lost 11.5 lbs. in 20 days and dropped a size (almost 2). The book is easy to follow, but I do have to tweak it some since I don't eat meat or dairy. Hope this helps!
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I started in a 16/18 and I had to lose about 20kgs to get into a size 10!
  • Swampstar
    Swampstar Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 7 and 160lbs and a size 12. I am toned :-)

You're definately more toned than I am, from the same county too. I'm in Flitwick!
    [/quote

I too am in Flitwick!!!! ]

I've not got a big frame and have nothing up top, all my weight is in my middle and rear!! I'm a few years younger than you so wouldn't have gone to school at the same time, I'll message you my name!

And you look much more toned than me?!?! What is your name? :smile:
  • jenhowse1
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8 and currently around 60kg (133lb) and UK 8-10 depending on cut/brand

At uni about 10 years ago I was a uk 18ish and at least 80kg - probably more but I never weighed myself back then,

Had various problems (depression ED etc) and dropped a lot of weight - way to much and hit 47kg
    THen went back up to 80kg about 4 years ago. I go that down to 70kg a year ago with a bit of effort

Since then I've leant some better attitudes to training and eating and come back down to 60kg and UK size 8 - though often a 10 for tops - sadly only because i haev a broad back and nothing to do with bra size sadly which is one thing I am not endowed with!

The main problem I have found is that when shops make things narrower, they also get shorter - been trying to find a longsleeve top for running in now its freezing out - most of them in size dont reach my wrists and are way too short - the last thing I want in the cold is an inch gap between the top of my running tights and the bottom of my top when I'm, out in minus something!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 18/20 on the hips and 14/16 on top and I weigh 100kg at the moment. My start weight was 117kg and I was a size 20/22 on top and 24 bottom (though I refused to buy clothes in size 24 and just stretch my size 18 legging).

My ideal weight is 65kg and I'm hoping that will take me to a size 10/12.....but it's a long way to go!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    HI i'm 5'6 and currently weigh around 165 pounds, i started out at 215 and was a size 18 uk. I can now fit into a Size 10 comfortably on top and a size 12 sometimes on trousers, it tends to depend on the style of trouser and the shop. I have quite large hips and at the moment am holding weight around my waist so am hoping if i can conquer that i will fit into a 12 comfortably from any shop.
  • deverdad
    deverdad Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'7" and started at 209Ibs at a US size of 16. I've lost 36Ibs and now wear a 10/12 bottom and 12 top (I'm busty). I currently weigh 172 and my goal is to get down to 159. Hope this helps!

8811731.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This is all awesome info and really interesting! Thanks everyone! : )

Cat xx
  • gymbunny1962
    gymbunny1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Always find it difficult myself to work out what an 'ideal' weight/size would be. I'm 5'8" and now a comfortable size 10 and weigh 149 lbs - down from a size 18 (ish) and 16st. I am quite toned - I get my %age body fat checked monthly and its around 22%. You may want to have a look at Davina McCall - she's 5'7" and, according to the papers yesterday, weighs 9st 10lbs.
  • skyeatsanna
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and 150lbs size 12.
    I was size 10 at like 135lbs.
  • warpet
    Options
    wow, i am 5'8 and at 165 i'm comfortably in a US size 8.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options

A US 8 is a UK 10 :)
  • hyperkate
    hyperkate Posts: 178 Member
    Options

A US 8 is a UK 10 :)

I thought us sizes were 2 sizes smaller so a US 8 would be a UK 12?
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There doesn't seem to be universal agreement on whether US sizes are different by 1 or 2 sizes, I've seen both!

I'm around-about 215lb (98kg), more at this time of the month (grrr), and a UK size 20. My height seems to vary depending on who's measuring- somewhere around 5'7.5 to 5'8. It seems to take me over a stone of weight loss to drop 1 dress size!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    im 5ft 9 and a half, currently 231 pounds, size 16/18, aiming for 172, hoping for a river island 14, which is actually a 12 :)

oh, and USA sizinf is 2 different. i own clothes from bluenavy (like usa primark)
  • elldeeldn
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'9.5'' and come in at 227 currently, was an 18/20 now more like an 18 (UK sizes). Back before I piled on the weight I was about 160lb and came in at a 10/12 bottom and 12/14 top (top heavy - could be worse!!) I was pretty fit and what size I was depended on whether I could get my muscley legs in, rather than my hips/waist.
  • nannigans
    nannigans Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl!! I am 5'7 was a size 20 (I weighed 245) before I lost weight. I was able to fit in a size 10 when I got down to about 170lbs. At about 160 my 10s were big I was just starting to fit into an 8. I am actually really disappointed in myself because over the past two years I have manged to pack most of the weight back on, now I am back up to 220 and a somewhere between a 12-14 depending on the jeans. I really want to get back down, so just this week I have really started a m. so I am looking forward to all the cute size 10 summer clothes I have :) On a side note I didn't really buy any new clothes as I was going down in sizes Plato's Closet had awesome second hand name brand clothes that I made my way through. I remember the first time I got in a size 14 while at the mall shopping at American Eagle (that was the first clothes I bought) I started crying....I hadn't been a size 14 since my freshman year of high school. I have some pics on here of me at my biggest 250 at my smallest about 160 and now 220. Anyhow hope this helps and Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!