What Stops You From Snacking?

Options

Replies

• chardondave
    Options
    Herbal tea has really helped me a lot. It satisfies that "oral" craving for stimulation, plus getting up and making it gives me that little 3-5 minute break.
  • mochalovies
    mochalovies Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    tons tons of water - sobe water is my thing

I always keep healthy snacks around so if I fail at staying away from calories, at least I'll be eating veggies or fruit. Edamame, grapes, yogurt are among my faves.
  • kmganz
    kmganz Posts: 16
    Options
    Oh, and the biggest thing to remember is that if you do blow a day's calories on a snack - DON'T get hung up on it. Every day is a new chance to make smarter choices. Giving up after you blow it once will not get you anywhere. Good luck! :)
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Well its mostly will power but I also plan my 2 snacks/day and IU try to keep busy. For me
    doing nothing=hungry,
    On computer wasting time= need to munch something
    Upset about something=need to eat something
    tired=need to treat myself( mostly my tounge with some junk)

SO I am talking myself into NOT doing all those above things. I talk to myself that all this hard work I am putting into being healthy will go in reverse if I eat mindlessly. SO thoughtfull ,organized snacking works for me ( 99% times)
  • imkegoal
    imkegoal Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I can't stop snacking, but now its carrots, cucumber, melon and pineapple- much healthier and often sweeter!
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I eat 200-300 calories of high protein meals 6x a day. If I want a chip, I just eat one
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am more successful on a day to day basis if I *DO* snack. But my snacks are small and nutritionally beneficial, generally with a high protein content. This prevents me from getting really hungry where I would otherwise have a tendency to pig out. In any case, I try to stick to my macros and not exceed my calories for the day.

Good luck!
  • jb852013
    jb852013 Posts: 116
    Options
    I eat baby carrots when I am really wanting to eat something and I don't have many calories left.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I work plenty of snacks into my day so that I do not feel hungry.

I do things like, granola bars, string cheese, 100 calorie crackers, baby carrots and nuts.
    (tho lately I have been bad about 100 calorie junk foods also :-x)

I don't think I could do this with snacks, it keeps me from feeling hungry.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Depends. I ask myself am I really hungry? Or am I just wanting to snack? If I am hungry I have a ton of different 100 calorie options to choose from chocolate covered pretzels, almonds, and pop chips. If i am just in a snacking mood I have about 6 different packs of sugar free gum and that always gets me through.
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Brushing my teeth stops me from snacking. First off, the taste of the toothpaste stays in my mouth long after brushing so even taking a sip of water tastes funny. And secondly, I tend to feel lazy having to brush my teeth multiple times in an evening just because I had a late snack. If I am truly hungry after I have brushed my teeth, the ONLY thing I will eat is an apple. My teeth still feel clean and I don't feel guilty because its a healthy snack.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    They did a survey that said that to minimize snacking you should snack with your non-dominant hand.
  • kaizen31
    kaizen31 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I chew gum, mostly. Water sometimes helps, and if all else fails, one bite is often enough to shut my stomach up.
  • fixeruppper
    fixeruppper Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try the peanut butter recipe I just posted, it's very filling and low cal.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    arthur said, "She'd have to be an awfully big woman."
  • Linkedkube
    Options
    I just stopped buying junk food, but I have no children either. I'm sure that helps.
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    totally agree!!!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    A bear trap.
  • lojay610
    Options
    That's what I'm going to do too; thanks! I've heard that dehydration is often times mistaken as hunger.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    make sure there are things to snack on that you can enjoy and feel good about adding to your food diary. Some blueberries, a dab of vanilla yogurt and a couple of tablespoons of gingersnap granola...good for you, and delicious. Chocolate greek yogurt! Snap peas with ranch dressing to dip into! There are lots of things you can eat and enjoy and not feel deprived. And really...if you're actually hungry...not just eating to eat, but really hungry....please do eat something. Listen to your body.