What Stops You From Snacking?

Options

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Upping water really helps and keeping your eye out for yummy new snacks... Today I found sweet chilli rice crackers and dairylea light cheese triangles... 150 calories and 3g of fat, was a great treat! I love love love popcorn. I eat atleast 2 snacks a day. Keeps me going. I just account for it all. Biggest factor in helping me is lots of water though, or imagining Jillian Micheals screaming at me why are you going to choose failure when success is an option? Usually snaps me out of it lol x
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    like so many other's here I snack as part of my plan. I do it in part to help my blood sugar stay even (diabetic) so basically I eat every 2 hours or so and it makes me feel like I'm snacking all day. The trick for me is what I eat and how much not when. I have to avoid carbs so my true bane of chips and salsa are off limits becasue I have no willpower to stop eating them but a handful of nuts or a bit of fruit or sometims just having a drink like tea or water will end any real snack urge I get before I make a bad choice.
  • Emart349
    Emart349 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree!!
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I also snack like crazy but have all snacks planned in my daily menu. I need to eat about every 2-3 hours in order not to stray so BREAKFAST (3 hours) SNACK (3 hours) LUNCH (3hours) SNACK (2 hours) DINNER (2-3 hours) SNACK -- GO TO BED. That seems to work well for me.

Today's snacks are Cutie orange, Special K Fruit crisp bars, Trail mix with added sunsweet dried plums.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive your self of snacks. Just make better (lower calorie) choices. Fruit, veggies, 100 calorie packs, etc
  • Loserbabe2012
    Options
    keep my main meals around 300 calories... then by the end of the day i have almost 400 calories left over ... i can either spread that out or just eat something AWFUL after dinner (last night was poptarts and milk)
  • denbeck2
    denbeck2 Posts: 4
    Options
    WHAT KIND OF WATER DO YOU DRINK
  • bunnywithatoolbelt
    Options
    I have been using a dietician and a psychiatrist to help me better understand my eating patterns, which has been fantastic! The dietician suggested I eat up to six meals a day, none of them big, and the pounds have been dropping off. So it's like getting three snacks a day! I never have blood sugar drops any more, which is so great!
  • prettythinlove
    prettythinlove Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I'll still snack but my choices in food are very different. Instead of chips or chocolates I'll have some fruit or raw unsalted nuts, etc. Afternoon I tend to bust out carrot and celery sticks to munch on with a bit of tzatziki to dip :)
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have to keep busy. Whether that's doing some work, reading the newspaper, exercise.. ANYTHING. If my hands and mind are busy, I don't even think about snacking. If I'm just watching television I have the urge to mindlessly snack.. which isn't good.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I crave sweets, I rub a few drops of grapefruit oil (get at Whole Foods) in my palms and breathe in deeply. Stops the cravings.. don't know how to stop the salty cravings though.
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Well its mostly will power but I also plan my 2 snacks/day and IU try to keep busy. For me
    doing nothing=hungry,
    On computer wasting time= need to munch something
    Upset about something=need to eat something
    tired=need to treat myself( mostly my tounge with some junk)

SO I am talking myself into NOT doing all those above things. I talk to myself that all this hard work I am putting into being healthy will go in reverse if I eat mindlessly. SO thoughtfull ,organized snacking works for me ( 99% times)

THIS!!!!
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Options
    I have 3 snacks daily, but they're healthy and about 100-150 calories. I snack on fruits mostly.

What stops me from snacking on bad things? Like chips, etc.. I occupy myself until the craving goes away (walking, reading, cleaning)
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of black coffee. If it is night time, I use decaf. I also choose coffee that is organic, for some reason it works better!
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I like to snack, so I make sure I leave room in my caloric intake for it.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    What worked for me:

1. Raised calorie allowance.
    2. Eat whole foods.
    3. Eat 3 big meals per day.
    4. Save calories for a night time fruit smoothie.
    5. Once in a while, I'll eat 2 or 6 pieces of 70% chocolate squares.
    6. I don't buy processed foods anymore.

All 6 steps have helped me not to mindlessly snack anymore.
    I'm too full from all the good food I'm eating. :happy:
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nothing stops me from snacking! I have planned snacks included in my plan, this was at my doctors suggestion. To eat 3 meals & 2-3 snacks every day with no more than 3-4 hours between eating. This has really made a difference for me this time around. I rarely if ever feel hungry. But, the quality of your snacks is what is important. I no longer eat chips, candy, pastries, etc. I make my own pita chips, eat fruit or veggies, and if I am still hungry after dinner some air popped pop corn.
  • Fayelle1
    Fayelle1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think what is helping me is eating 4 meals instead of 3...making them well rounded so that I feel I was actually fed. I do like a tablespoon of chocolate chips once in a while for a chocolate fix.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I snack! Don't need to stop!