How many calories do you eat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Dan -but that's not even accurate.

How so?
    In my experience it is true.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    + Exercise up to my base metabolism which is 1,860
    + 1/2 my exercise calories over 1,860

Yes, I am very anal.

Most days I'm 1,000+ on exercise calories giving me a total of around 2,100.

If anyone would like my Excel spreadsheet and further detailed analysis I'd be happy to provide it, the only condition being you're abnormally anal like me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, Dan -but that's not even accurate.

How so?
    In my experience it is true.

Sry I meant TDEE!
    =D

Thats even going to be much higher...like 2400s.

So if you are 5'11" you could in fact eat 2k daily and metabolize a good amount of fat!

Thanx for pointing this out!
  • Gisna
    Gisna Posts: 3
    Options
    I meant 1500! Not 500
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have my calories at around 1430 per day. I usually eat them and I am working harder at having a better balance of the sugar, fat, carbs etc within the range set by MFP.
    I do keep seeing people at the 'magic?' number of 1200. Should I adjust my settings to a lower number or am I fine at 1430?
    I have triplets who are 3 and a 4 year old. We are fairly hectic and Im always picking up, cleaning up and catching up after them so I have set my activity level at lightly active. I have athritis in my wrists so for now I am not 'working out' but I am making sure that I am more active during the day ie. walking instead of driving, doing the stairs more than 5 extra times each time I use them etc.
    Can those of you that have this figured out please let me know if this sounds ok or if I should eat less,
    I'm 5'5 and 238.8lbs. Thanks.

Are you losing weight the way you want to? If so, leave it, why fix something that is not broken.
  • nasja1984
    nasja1984 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 but it does cut down on my energy level if I don't choose my calories very wisely. I usually try to make every calorie really count. Rarely am I hungry.
  • jching29
    jching29 Posts: 163
    Options
    Generally I eat about 900, but sometimes (like yesterday) I'll go over that. Generally, though, I just eat when I'm hungry, and that daily comes to less than 1000 calories. MFP recommends I eat just shy of 1200 a day...unless I'm eating out, it's difficult to do that!
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and currently 163 pounds. I'm following the Spike diet plan and based on that I'm eating 1200 calories 3 days a week, 1500 three days a week, and 3000 on my spike day.
    Do you like the extreme swings in days? by the way your weekly calorie intake is only 11,100. Do you know your maintenance?

Well, other than the 3000 calorie day it doesn't feel that much different between my 1200 and 1500 calorie days. I do the low cal days on the days I'm out of the house a lot more and tend to eat less anyway. And I love Sundays when I relax and eat/drink mostly what I want. It gets me through the rest of the week knowing it's coming and it also always feels good to go back to healthier eating come Monday.
    I don't know my maintenance. Honestly this whole plan is pretty new to me but it's finally broken my plateau of the past few weeks and I'm enjoying it so I'm going with it. :) I'm still playing around with the calorie levels though on the non-spike days. I was eating at the 1500 (my bmr) all 6 days but I found I was wasting calories on wine with dinner or other unhealthy choices so I thought I'd try to do it the way it's intended for a while and cut out some of the booze.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and currently 163 pounds. I'm following the Spike diet plan and based on that I'm eating 1200 calories 3 days a week, 1500 three days a week, and 3000 on my spike day.

5'11" BMR is usually around 2k.
    Anything below that and youll lose lean mass.
    You are just making yourself a smaller version of the fat self.
    Not trying to be rude.

I bet youll shed inches at 2200-2500 cals daily!

For girls? I haven't found a BMR calculator that has given me that high of a figure when I plug it in. When I did it based on my figures it gave me 1530. I round it to 1500 but it's never exact anyway. Even MFP when I set it up to lose a pound a week only allows me 1560 calories a day. So, yes I'm going lower a few days I'm also going well over another day so in the end it works out about the same.... I just get a day to enjoy myself. :)
  • niightwind
    Options
    I'm 5'4'' and 173 pounds at the moment [female].
    My BMR is 1630, and I generally eat around 1250-1400 daily.