good chocolate recommendations?

Options
MJ7910
MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
i know this might sound crazy but can anyone reccomend a good chocolate to eat? i crave chocolate a lot and end up eating stuff that is really bad for me... looking for low cal stuff maybe with a little bit of protein or something in it... someone suggested dark chocolate squares but wondered about other ideas? i already take protein shakes that is a chocolate flavor but that doesn't really do it for me... just need a little taste of the real stuff.

Replies

• LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just have the real stuff I don't deny my sweet tooth anymore because if I do I end up going on a chocolate binge. I just make sure I work out my calories for the day and allow enough left to have a bit of chocolate.
  • MJ7910
    Options
    Just have the real stuff I don't deny my sweet tooth anymore because if I do I end up going on a chocolate binge. I just make sure I work out my calories for the day and allow enough left to have a bit of chocolate.

ok so what type do you recommend? i kind of wanted something i will only eat 1 of and not be tempted with a whole huge bar
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy chocolate as well. Recently I've taken up dark chocolate. And I LOVE it. Dark chocolate is better for you, so they say with antioxidants and a mood enhancer.
    I like Ghirardelli - Intense Dark Chocolate Twilight Delight 72% Cocao. I get the bags and then store them away at the house. Then I pack one in my lunch. So I usually don't have more than 1 a day. One square is 67 calories, 1 fiber, 0 sodium, 1 protein and 6 carbs. It's good quality so I just go for it. :happy:
    Ghiradelli makes other kinds as well. 2 Dark chocolates, milk of course and flavored ones. The dark chocolate is the best on your waistline, BUT having them wrapped individually is a life saver! :tongue:
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I just kind of shop around and see what's on offer week to week I live in Ireland and our Milk Chocolate is very high in sugar so a medium size milk chocolate bar more than satisfies my chocolate craving. I just watch the calories and look for things between 100 - 185 calories. I bought some Lemon Truffles this week 65 calories each, so had 2 as my daily treat.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Ghirardelli sea salt soiree. Dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt. So yummy!
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a candy dish of the Dove promises. They are 44 calories each and I usually just eat 1 or 2. I also like the Hershey's Bliss. They are very similar to the dove. I just like to let them melt in my mouth.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark 85 0r 90% cocoa -one square a day satisfies me, and much lower in sugar than others I have seen except for the artificially sweetened ones.
  • swillis21
    swillis21 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I just searched the forums for this the other day ;) And a lot of ppl recommended Green and Black (I think it's something you find in a health food store) But I tried Lindt Dark Chocololate 70% Smooth and Creamy - and well it is! Very creamy and mmmmmmm. But if you are like me and are a sugar addict you might want to try something darker like others suggested (85%) I think this is what I will personally try for. I stopped after 3 the first night and then made myself have just one last night. So, doable, but darker might be easier?
  • MJ7910
    Options
    i like darker chocolate but a little bit of sweetness... those sea salt things sound really good... will have to see where i can even buy them!
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    Pretzel M&M's... 150 ca/ 5g fat per bag. Relatively low for chocolate.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Chocolate is not bad for you.

Dark chocolate is very healthy for you in fact.

For a gourmet treat check out this place (made on an Island off of Maine):

http://www.blackdinahchocolatiers.com/default.aspx
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Green and Black is good but I find Vosges to die for. They have different flavors, most starting with dark chocolate.
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Loving the 100 calorie pack cocoa dusted almonds. Guilt free chocolate!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Pretzel M&M's... 150 ca/ 5g fat per bag. Relatively low for chocolate.

Although I love those that does not have the health benefits of chocolate. Mars makes crappy chocolate in the US but good chocolate overseas or in Canada.
  • qtpie99sw
    Options
    Try looking into Dove Chocolate Discoveries chocolates, I can give you the calories or weight watchers points if you need. www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com/shaunawarner
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    For a healthier chocolate fix I like chobani champions greek vanilla chocolate chunky yogurt. It's nummy and I have to fight my daughter for them.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers puts out a variety of chocolate. I buy a bag or two and keep them in the freezer. Takes longer to savor and can get by on just one.
  • ctriston
    ctriston Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Galaxy ripple 176 cals
    nestle Aero 156 ish cals
    kit kat 109

I try and aim to have one of the above in bed with a cup of tea each eve...tonight I don't have enough cals and don't feel up to leaping around now to earn it......so no choc for me!!!!!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I keep a Dark Chocolate Rasinettes (sp?) on hand. I keep them in the fridge. I love them and eat a handful every day. I feel less guilty because they are also a fruit...lol.

My suggestion is find what you like and allow yourself one serving a day. Moderation is the key and if you don't deprive yourself you will never have reason to bing.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Doves Promises - Dark Chocolate. They are smooth, creamy and deliciously bittersweet. They're also tiny and individually wrapped. I think one has 35-40 calories.