good chocolate recommendations?

Options

Replies

• Nickieg3
    Nickieg3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Emerald dark cocoa almonds get my sweet tooth craving out :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I love Dove Chocolates... I will get a bag of the dark chocolate... and a serving size is 5 pieces, but I will only need 3 to satisfy my sweet tooth (and chocolate craving).
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Endangered species dark chocolate 72% Cocao - yum yum yum
  • dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like the skinny cow dream clusters, they come in milk or dark chocolate. They take care of my craving for chocolate.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I buy Skinny Cow, but if you can manage not to eat it all at once, you could buy the Hershey's minis and just have one or two as the cravings strike.

Also, I have tried to infuse a lot of my favorite dessert recipes with chocolate protein powder. I made a cheesecake with it that was low cal and I also made some black bean brownies. The texture was a bit weird but I was thinking of just adding it to regular brownies.
  • fitobsessed
    Options
    I eat Weight Watchers caramel bites in rich milk chocolate. Fifty-three calories per piece. And last night I just discovered Hostess chocolate cake w/ a creamy filing - 100 calories for 3 tiny mini cakes.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Is there such a thing as "bad" chocolate??????
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    a jar of nutella works best for me
  • nicolemariedwyer
    nicolemariedwyer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Nibs they are approximately 2 calories per nib
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Lindt Dark 85 0r 90% cocoa -one square a day satisfies me, and much lower in sugar than others I have seen except for the artificially sweetened ones.

Yum...This!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Weight Watchers puts out a variety of chocolate. I buy a bag or two and keep them in the freezer. Takes longer to savor and can get by on just one.

Yes... their Devil's food and carrot cakes really curb my craving for Little Debbie. Yum!
  • bakingmadness
    bakingmadness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My personal favorite is Hershey Nuggets: Special Dark with Almonds. 2 pieces = 90 calories, 2g of Protein, 2g of Fiber, 8g of Sugar.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's makes the BEST chocolate! They have 100 calorie bars that are absolutely delicious.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    depending on how many calories you want to spend i recommend:
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp cocoa powder (the real stuff, not the kind you put in milk)
    1 tsp powdered sugar
    around 30ml water (a little over a tbsp)

mix well. enjoy. it's sort of good for you and so filling you won't need anything else.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    The South Beach Diet has a really yummy protein bar... chocolate almond fluff, I think. Anyway, I had one the other day and it was delish!!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Now I want chocolate! :ohwell:
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I like to get the Ghiradelli or Lindt Lindor Truffles. I keep the bag on top of my hutch. I can't reach without a chair, so I get one out at a time and savor it.... I don't usually have one every day because I'm watching my sugar, but if I have a really bad can't deny it kind of craving... Yup, it hits the spot. (I have the white chocolate truffles right now. mmmmm)
  • kristina0206
    Options
    A topic right up my alley :)

I dark chocolate with pomegranate or acai. Trader Joe's Powerberries are awesome, and Costco makes a really good version too, I think they're called Brookside? They have a ton of antioxidants.
  • BeesKnees181
    BeesKnees181 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Stay away from milk chocolate, which leads to chocolate binges. Try dark chocolate...the good stuff that I love: Vosges Red Fire bar (dark chocolate, cinnamon, and cayenne). YUM! And satisfying after just one little square!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    The Lindt dark chocolate infused with chili is awesome.....one square usually satisfies my craving for chocolate. Also, dark chocolate covered banana chips are so good!! =]