Anti-valentine's day celerations

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    inebriation and *kitten*, in that order.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Me and my two best friends are going out to eat and then doing crafts and eating sweets :D

Yes, I am that lame!
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    I will be spending the 14th at the gym before coming home and spending the evening with someone who will sleep with me....my Pillowie, she even sometimes suprisses me by inviting cushions to the bed

Naww cute!
  • wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 173 Member
    Valentine's Day... Dumbest non holiday ever created.

I'll be spending it, thankfully, in class working on weather map analysis with some pretty awesome people who also think Valentine's Day is nothing but a bunch of BS designed to sell cards, candy, jewelry and sex.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member

Bahahahha! I like the way you think

This is quickly becoming my favorite MFP topic.
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Well seeing as my other half is away training to be a Royal Marine until October me and my daughter will eat chocolate all day, maybe some donuts too, ooh I'll make a giant cupcake that's a better idea! And once she's in bed I'll drink a bottle of wine, watch movies about getting married and cry over how incredibly jealous I am of the stupid beautiful brides!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Wow am I the only single person that DOESN't hate Valentine's day? Everyone just seems so much nicer around Valentine's day, even if I am single! My roomate's fiance will boy me a rose or 2 too... She has him trained well! lol I'll go to the gym, go to work, come home and watch the big bang theory... I mean how can you go wrong with the big bang theory? Still sounds like a fun night to me! Plus the weekend before I'm going to see my favorite gay guy friend and we will celebrate together with Olive Garden, Raspberry White Russians, and Shopping... Yep, not letting being single get me down this valentine's day!
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    I will be raising funds for the local women's crisis shelter by selling vagina shaped lollipops and participating in a belly dance workshop.

And then I'm going to hang out with my boyfriend, Jose Cuervo. ;)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member

Waste of a perfectly good orgasm if your too drunk....

Personally - I plan a romantic meal with my wife... but have a bad feeling I'm going to be dragged to foreign parts for a meeting :(
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I got dumped last year on Valentine's day...go figure
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,340 Member
    Valentine's Day... Dumbest non holiday ever created.

I'll be spending it, thankfully, in class working on weather map analysis with some pretty awesome people who also think Valentine's Day is nothing but a bunch of BS designed to sell cards, candy, jewelry and sex.

I kinda like jewelry and sex. Candy too, but not this year.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    I got married on Valentine's Day. My divorce was final on my birthday. Every Feb 14 is a reminder of my stupid, starry-eyed dreams that crashed & burned - I just love it.
    Going to a party this year with like-minded permanent singles who hate the oppostie sex and would like to see them eradicated from the planet
    Eventually, they say, it will stop biting me in the *kitten*. I hope not. I like a yearly reminder SO I WILL NEVER BE STUPID AGAIN.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Maybe this isn't anti valentines but conversation hearts are delicious and 100 calories for a pretty decent portion. I fully intend to enjoy Valentines to the maximum. :bigsmile:
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    My friends and I started a tradition a few years ago. We dress up, go out to eat, and then go to the theater and watch a horror/scary movie. Sadly this year I think it will not happen. I will be working and coming home to my bed, pj's, and a book.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Haven't even thought about it! No idea what we'll do...

Going to ask him right now what we're doing :) And I'll make HIM decide. LOL. That should be interesting...
  • thekacks
    thekacks Posts: 146 Member
    I'm going to fvck myself stupid.

...and if that doesn't work, there is always wine and chocolate. :wink:

I will second that! Nothing that a man can do for me that I can't do better myself anyways:)
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    So for those of you that aren't getting all ooey-gooey, mushy faced about the upcoming non-holiday...how do you intend to uncelebrate the red day?

Me...I am thinking bottle of wine, gory movies and depression...Romantic huh?

whoops, forgot a "b" in celebrations....

I always wear black for VD. I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this, but I think this day is too commercial.

The florists push up their prices just to zap it to the poor souls who want to express their love to their beloved.

Expectations run rampant, some are fulfilled while some unfortunate souls go without. I've been on both sides and always feel a tinge of sadness no matter which side I stand on. 8-(

I'm with all of you (in spirit) that are going solo. :flowerforyou:

~katie
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    My friends and I started a tradition a few years ago. We dress up, go out to eat, and then go to the theater and watch a horror/scary movie. Sadly this year I think it will not happen. I will be working and coming home to my bed, pj's, and a book.

Have you ever been to a restaurant by yourself (with a good book or magazine?)

I actually don't mind dining alone.

It's terribly relaxing... and you get great table service because all the servers feel bad for you (for no reason.)

(Hmm, might have to do that the fourteenth of this month.)

~katie
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    I will be raising funds for the local women's crisis shelter by selling vagina shaped lollipops and participating in a belly dance workshop.

And then I'm going to hang out with my boyfriend, Jose Cuervo. ;)

Vagina shaped lollipops and belly dancing. It doesn't get any better than that! That should be on tap for every man on V-Day. :drinker:
  • sizzlinoverthefat
    sizzlinoverthefat Posts: 136 Member
    My daughter (who is happily married for over a year now) use to say valentine's day is singel awareness day! "why do people celebrate single awareness day" its so stupied!!!:bigsmile: