HOW MANY LBS SHUD I LOOSE IF I AM SIZE 16 AND WANA B SIZE 10

Options

Replies

• heatherm0107
    Options
    People can be really mean on the internet because you don't have to personally face the person you are criticizing. Try not to worry about those posts and just pay attention to the posts that give you advice.

I understood what you were asking, and frankly, that's all that should matter on forums like this. Not everyone is a good speller, so don't sweat it.

Just make sure you do weight training along with cardio, and you'll lose weight much faster than dieting and cardio alone. Good luck meeting your goal!
  • heatherm0107
    Options
    Mind sharing your height? I am 5'8 and a size 10 at 165 lbs.
  • Traceytracey
    Options
    Why don't you try 5 lbs at a time? When you lose 5, see how you look. Wanna lose more? Keep going. If you look at yourself, and you're happy, stop and maintain. I think how you look is way more important than what the scale says. I am heavy packed. I always weigh much more than I look like I do.

btw: i am 5'2" 180. I started off at 194 last year.

:happy:
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I had a nutritionist tell me that each dress size you lose is generally 10lbs and I've found that to be about right in my own experience, so you'd want to lose about 30 lbs, since women's dress sizes run only in even numbers.

This is what I have heard and it as run about true for me as well.
  • Angie_91
    Options
    I am the same, atm i am a size 18 after having my lil boy and i hate it and i would love to be back down to a size 10.
    fingers crossed it will work out for us eh x
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Jeez you guys are mean. It's a weight loss forum and not a grammar forum. I am a hater of bad spelling and grammar myself, but that's no need to embarrass anybody that has come here for help and support. How do you expect anybody to better their lives if they end up too scared to ask questions?

Some people here need to find a better way to spend their time!!! There is no need to pummel the poor girl! Some of you should be ashamed of yourselved for stooping so low!

OH NOOO!! I mis-typed *yourselved* I am sorry... it should have been yourselves!!:noway:
  • luvgreen25
    Options
    N Thanx for all the nice advice ... right so how do i DELETE a post?? This post has just embarassed me soooo much . thnx x

First...congrats on your 8 lb loss.

Second...weight depends on the person as well as the brand of clothes. I can wear anywhere from a 10 tall - 14 tall and I'm currently weighing in at 180 (5' 10" tall) depending on who makes the pants I'm wearing. Dockers - I can fit in a 10, but just about any other brand, I usually wear a 12. You can't really go by weight to get an equivalent size.

Third...welcome to the internet - once you post it, you can't take it back.
  • jbescherer
    jbescherer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I find that usually 10-12 lbs per size. So if i were to loose 10 lbs I usually can fit in the next size down. Might not be loose but i can get it zipped ;-)
  • janetrene
    janetrene Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree! Ignore the negativity! You are asking excellent questions. Keep us posted like I said in an earlier post! :D
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I had a nutritionist tell me that each dress size you lose is generally 10lbs and I've found that to be about right in my own experience, so you'd want to lose about 30 lbs, since women's dress sizes run only in even numbers.

I thought this too but I have a big butt, so it took me around 15lbs to go down a size.
  • code156
    Options
    It depends on height and muscle mass. I'm 5'6 and when I weighed 190 I was a 14, I'm a 10 at 165, and at 140 I'm a 6.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

I thought this too but I have a big butt, so it took me around 15lbs to go down a size.

yeah, this 'rule' doesn't apply to pear shapes. our butts are just too big.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    Speel chekcer wont catch LOOSE! :laugh:
    :laugh:
  • daisydieter
    Options
    While I do appreciate a well typed post... I appreciate graciousness and tact a great deal more. Lack of the former is far more indicative of a person's class and education.

To the OP: Way to go with your 8lb loss. Don't let the ungracious among us downplay that. As to your question, I'm 5'9" and I am in a size 10 (US not UK) when I'm around 160-165lbs. I also tend to carry all my fat around my middle so that may factor in as well if you carry yours in your hips.
  • ellebit
    Options
    Oh, how I miss the lost art of grammar and punctuation.

Agree. AmyJackson,
    In the future, you should try to spell correctly and use the full spelling of words. I am not trying to be mean at all!!! It really makes young people look bad. You make it look like we can't think or speak for our selves correctly!

Ourselves is one word!

Just kidding, I really am just kidding!! It was just too fun to pass up! :)

I agree with those that say to just to lose the weight and find out for yourself. You'll have to lose the weight anyways so you might as well just start now and figure out where you want to be once you get there!

For everyone giving her crap about her typing, whooooooo cares? You all knew what she was trying to say. Lets be the nice and supportive group of people we always have been.
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    No matter how you spell it...well done on the 8 lb loss. Keep up the good work! You will get there.:flowerforyou:
  • Ajmead
    Ajmead Posts: 56
    Options
    Wow... way to be supportive people! If you don't like her post then don't reply! You don't have to read it! She shouldn't have to be embarrased on here if she came here for help!
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    YEAH GOOD IDEA, LOL IM JUST SO IMPATIENT ITS UNBELIVEABLE ! LOOKIN BACK ON PICS OF WEN I WAS 16 ( 5YEARS AGO) AND THINKIN OMG I USEDY THINK I WAS SOOOOO SO FAT THEN BUT I WAS A SIZE 10...SOMETIMES A 12 ON BOTTOM BUT THE PICS ARE GREAT LOL! I DUNO WHATS HAPENED OVER THE YEARS I JUST HOPE I CAN GET BACK TO THAT XXX

Why are you yelling at us?

She can't help it. Haven't you ever met anyone Scottish? ;)
  • gailashton
    Options
    One can't really be sure. I'm dropping way more sizes now than weight. I'm down to 165 pounds and I wear a 10/12, some 8. It's not how much you weigh, it's what it's made of. Strength training has defiitely helped a lot! I hope this helps my new friend!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    How many pounds did you gain when you went from a size 10 to a 16?
This discussion has been closed.