Anyone over 50 on here?

Options

Replies

• bobbin1
    Options
    Hi I am 58 as of a few days ago. I joined this site about 1 month ago and have lost 5 lbs. The people on here are all very supportive and someone always has the answers you are looking for. You can add me as your friend.
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and just started today. Friend me if you would like.
  • dlindzey
    Options
    HI Patty,
    I am in my 50,s.
  • swimmer750
    swimmer750 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I'm in my 70's and still struggling. I asked if there were 70 yr old here and didn't hear from anyone so I am guessing I'm the oldest here. This is the best site I have used. Stay with it.
  • kflynn28147
    kflynn28147 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 68 and I have lost 23 lbs. so far. MFP works great. Lets you know just what you have eaten. I love it. Feel free to add me.
  • luluadelmann
    Options
    Well, I guess I'm way over 50.How does 74 sound?
    I have been on for almost two weeks and have lost 5 lbs.
    You are all so smart to be doing this at an earlier age.
    I have been strength training for 1 1/2 years and am quite strong now. I find the cardio requirement difficult. Not that I can't walk any more but more because I want to be doing other things. Without the cardio, it's hard to make it go away. I have 45 more pounds to lose. I am trying to follow a carb fluctuating diet and the logging on this site makes it really easy to track my carbs, fat and protein.
    Good luck to all of you I love to read the blogs. You are all so kind to each other and so supportive.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah baby and getting better every day. I feel better than i've ever felt. I have more energy, stamina, endurance and wisdom. This is a great place for people of all ages. This is where it is at!

Oh yeah!!! 51 and lovin it!!!! More energy than I've had in years! Who wants to run 15 miles tomorrow? :smile: I need to runnnnnnn. I cut it short today. Stupid snow :sad:
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Me! :drinker:
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'll be 52 this April...50's are not so bad!! Two grown children, well number 2 graduating from college in April, so just hubby of 30 years and I at home with our three furry children!! I would love a few more 50 plus friends! I'm in a slump right now, lost 8 pounds, gained 3 back, lost the 3 again! Exercise is my key, I eat just fine, but after a day of teaching fourth graders, I just want to go home!!! I would welcome any new friends! I do like MFP a lot!! Thanks!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Way Over 50, will be 60 later this year. Just started last Sunday and had a good first week losing around 5 lbs. Feel free to add me I sign on everyday.
  • gimpyfriend
    Options
    FRIEND ME TOO. IM 48.
  • longview
    longview Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    hi patty, I'm 57, joind 3 weeks ago
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Me, I'm over 50! Always looking for new friends . Been here for a while now and will be staying around for the long haul. Sent you a friend message. Anyone else looking for another 50+ friend, please feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • Laura7p7a
    Laura7p7a Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 50. Started back on a diet and using this site in January. You're welcome to friend me! Good luck!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and haven't missed a day on MFP since I first logged on - it's great!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile: I'm 59. :happy:
  • Charleigh007
    Charleigh007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I added this app about 6 months ago was usinging it but then just let time go by. I decided today to try the community for support and make new friends.
  • jenoflexington
    Options
    Hi Patty,
    I'm 51. I've been on WW for 8 weeks without much success despite my strict adherence to the program. I am here to see if MFP will work better for me. I think my body has gone into some female hormonal Bermuda Triangle, but I am bound and determined to push past that and not let it take me down. I exercise 5-6 days a week and plan to keep it up. Welcome!
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    I am 45, but my Husband is on here and he is 56, message me if you like and if you want to add me please feel free. x
  • ShirleyFed5
    ShirleyFed5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50 and joined in January. Have fun with MFP! It's been a great way to keep motivated. Feel free to add me.