Avocados?

Options

Replies

• CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    Excuse me? 100 calorie packs??????? I need those in my life!!!!
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love avocados and i am always well under my fat goal every day. my fat goal is like 63 and i dont usually get higher then 30.

i just had 2 avocado rolls today and they were fantastic. <3 avocado rolls
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I like a slice of avacado on a toasted whole wheat English muffin with a teaspoon of salsa.
  • SoulNeedsBeauty
    SoulNeedsBeauty Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I eat one tiny avocado (50 g.) every day with my lunch. It's not that many cals btw. Oh I also love to slice them up and sprinkle with sea salt. Yummm
    My avocados keep me full for a while:)
  • kyrstensmom
    kyrstensmom Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i love avocados......as everyone has said, they are loaded with good fat.....as long as your diet is not full of other fats you should be good....
    i made a recipe tonight that includes avocados

southwest black bean salad
    1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
    1 tomato, chopped
    1 scallion chopped
    1/4 red onion, chopped
    1 lime-juice
    salt and pepper
    1 hass avocado, diced
    1 can of corn, drained
    3 tbsp olive oil
    cilantro

combine beans, tomato, onions, scallion, corn, , salt and pepper, juice of lime, olive oil together....mix well, cover and marinate in fridge for 30 min. add avocado and cilantro right before serving....great with low carb wheat tortillas or on romaine lettuce as a wrap.....

Bump for this recipe! It sounds amazing!
  • wxyz9
    wxyz9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like avocados but I take my life into my own hands whenever I try to cut one in half... is there a trick to doing this? I hardly ever buy them anymore because they're so difficult for me to slice open. As much as I like them, I have really strong feelings about keeping all of my fingers :|
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating them EVERY day! Ive been putting them in a bowl of ground beef, a little shredded cheddar, chopped pickle, and my homemade mayo. All that fat gives me soooooo much energy, I never need to snack. I love that they are calorie dense: FOOD IS FUEL, and Im a FAT BURNING MACHINE
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You hold it gently in your left hand, and slice around the seed in the center, pull the pieces apart. take the knife and gently jam it sideways into the seed and pop it out. then cut slices into the creamy avocado, grab a spoon and scoop the slices out. woohoo!
  • wxyz9
    wxyz9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You hold it gently in your left hand, and slice around the seed in the center, pull the pieces apart. take the knife and gently jam it sideways into the seed and pop it out. then cut slices into the creamy avocado, grab a spoon and scoop the slices out. woohoo!

Thanks ILovePrimal! :flowerforyou: I'll pick some up this weekend and try it with the ground beef/mayo/shredded cheese/pickle - that sounds fabulous!

Is the "Primal" in your user name a reference to Mark Sisson's Primal lifestyle?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Ive been eating them EVERY day! Ive been putting them in a bowl of ground beef, a little shredded cheddar, chopped pickle, and my homemade mayo. All that fat gives me soooooo much energy, I never need to snack. I love that they are calorie dense: FOOD IS FUEL, and Im a FAT BURNING MACHINE
    this does sound tasty. :flowerforyou:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I love them, but don't eat them that often due to the fat content. I know everyone says it's good fat, but I am always well over on my fat quota most days, just from humous, olive oil and the occasional bit of butter.
  • Want2StayFit
    Options
    I just bought some today!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I love them to death. If they were cheap, I would eat them every day!

I agree! They are a bit high in fat, but it's the good kind, and if it's within your calorie goal then go for it! I find they are quite versatile and I go through phases where I eat them a lot.
  • kperk91
    kperk91 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like to mash up my avocados and spread them my whole wheat bread when making a turkey/spinach sandwich. It has more calories, but it is a better fat than mayo :) Soooo yummy
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    A very good fat! but lots of calories, I eat them but very small amounts, would eat them lots more if I could :D
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    I have a 100 Calorie pack of the Eat Wholly Guacamole almost everyday. It has 3 ingredients (all natural if I remember correct) it has replaced mayo and salad dressing in my meals.

Yum!! Where do you purchase that at? The regular market or walmart? or a health food store?
  • ilbdaycakesli
    Options
    In the summer time I like to make avocado dessert. I put a Hass in the stove and let it get really ripe. Dust off the blender. Add some ice cubes and crush them up. Add avocado, low fat evaporated milk, fat free milk, and some sugar substitute. I used to use condensed milk + whole fat milk but I know it is so unhealthy. If you can find sugar free low fat condensed milk use that. Blend the whole concoction. Enjoy. Play with the proportions, I have it ranging from a smoothie/milkshake to a pudding like texture.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    They're delicious! I'm eating low carb so they are the only way I get anywhere near my calorie goal most days.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    My breakfast most mornings is 1/2 cup southwestern egg beaters, 1 tbls. bacon bits and I top it off with a mixture of a half an avacado and salsa.....................mmmmmmm
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Bump