Sixers Spring into Summer Challenge Week 1

Options

Replies

• drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Amy- I hope things get better for you! Fibroids are very common and many women as long as they are benign can still keep their uterus and have many years to reproduce. Don't worry! Its a problem that so many have, you will be fine. Best wishes. I know it must be hard not knowing what your body can eat or not! Good luck adjusting!:wink:

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • its_B
    its_B Posts: 491
    Options
    okay where to start in my super quick post.. *thinks*

Tamm! ur an amazing inspiration! (sorry but its really nice!) :flowerforyou::heart::flowerforyou:

Amy FEEEL BETTER ^_^ im sure things will get easier with time.. :flowerforyou: (wishthere was a hugging smilie....)

Stephanie- WELCOME TO THE GROUP! ^_^ Im relatively new too! :flowerforyou:

RedSox- Fisheries! that is so cool! my bestfriends step dad recently opened a Fishery in northern Maine. I was kind of thinking about doing that but I love coral reef life sooo much! I think it is my true calling. I cannot even put into words how much I love scuba diving and how happy it makes me feel. To be honest, because of my passion for the sport, is a major motivation why I decided to get back into shape because I am going to be teaching at a boy scout/venture crew camp in florida called Sea Base. I will be the dive master for a whole crew for 10 days. ^_^

K so me time... Yesterday was a good day. Drank my water, kept up with my calories. still no exorcise for this week though! T_T its really bumming me out. I need to find time to work out but I simply have none available... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: . So I am at work today continuing to work on my papers. I managed to crank out the three small papers yesterday night, so that leaves me with only four more to go but two of those papers are over 20 pages. sigh. HEy! at least one is about my major though! How the Tourist Industry is the major causes of coral reef destruction. Sadly that is the paper I want to do most, and It is due last.. so I have to get the other three done first.

My Grandmother's surprise b-day party is today. and I am going to miss most of it because I am stuck at work.. which really bums me out. I hardly get to see my family from Ohio, so I was really looking forward to spending time with them.

Okay spent too much time here now.
    <3 you guys!
    B
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

As evidenced by absence on here, my busy day turned into a busy couple of days!! I did get my phone straightened out and am totally loving my new iPhone even though i always said I would never be one of those people with their smart phone permanently attached to them, i'm beginning to understand the addiction!!! Have been eating okay, and it will only get better now that i have spent most of my discretionary monies on the phone and i can no longer afford to go out to eat! Also spent a lot on groceries today as my MOMMY is coming today and will be here through Wednesday! We are going to the NCAA Women's College Basketball final four games on Sunday and Tuesday. So exciting!

Otherwise just trying to keep my head above water with schoolwork. I have accepted a summer internship finally!!! I was offered two which is really lucky in this economy, but decided to take the one in Nebraska where I did my undergrad and actually did an undergrad internship with the same company. It will be very tailored to what I eventually want to do so I'm excited and just ready to be done with the semester and spend my summer close to old friends and my family!

Lauryn - HUGS!! Good for you though to just take the day to let it out and let yourself feel it and accept, that always works pretty well for me too.

Rose - HUGS to you too! I feel for you!

Amy - girlie I hope you get to feeling better and get everything sorted out.

I'm beginning to feel like I need to give HUGS to EVERYONE!!!!!

Tamm - I've been there! that awful feeling when you wake up and you know the sun is just too far up and that your alarm is going off for the 4th time!! Oops!!

Brittany - Good luck on your papers!! I"m writing one today too, hoping to get it done before my mom gets here!!

Stephanie - HELLO!!!!!! :bigsmile: Embrace this group, they are all rockstars and amazing women!

Katie- I agree with Tamm, I miss you too!! Where's our haiku girlie? :wink:

Cathy, Shanell, Rhiannon, Kristin, Tiff, Em, Tan, Tiff and anyone I missed, Hello and hope you are having a good weekend!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Amy, I had a fibroid tumor the size of a small football between my ovaries and uterus removed in 1999 (when I was only 18). Don't stress the childbearing deal... I chose that the surgeon could remove one ovary but not both, and could not remove my uterus (if the tumor removal required it) without waking me up and having me make an informed decision. Never came to that... everything was fine AND the ovary most effected by the tumor was the one that ovulated the egg my daughter was conceived from (do not ask me how the doctor knew that!!!). My cousin also recently had fibroid tumors removed and they (as she put it) were able to use the openings God gave her (no incisions). No worries, Amy. They GYN will give you great news, I'm sure of it!
  • drtamm
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey sixers!!!

B- Enjoy spending time with your family! That's a blessing to spend time with your grandma! Have fun!

I have been having a wonderful day!!! Today I realized I underestimated the simplicity and calm of sitting outside in the backyard reading a book and doing puzzles. On my weight removal journey, I've realized there are many things I can do when I'm bored other than eat. YAY... I'm loving the opportunity to chill today! So instead of driving to a beach I sat outside with Dylan (my lab) and ate fruit and read a book. In one book I read these two things: The word DIET originated from Diaita (greek) meaning "manner of living". So literally diet is a way of life. It doesn't have to be negative.

Also Yale's Dr. Brownell defines "lifestyle change" as altering our eating and exercise behaviors as well as our attitudes and emotions.

Well sixers thanks for helping me maintain these new habits in my life! Have a wonderful day!!!

Tamm:drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening....
    well, day started out good. than DH wanted to stop at one of our fav chinese resturants. :bigsmile: shanell & i and her oldest, and DH all went shopping for hours to get stuff for sons new place. tomorrow we are suppose to go clean for him and line the cabnets in the kitchen. after we dropped off shanell we came home took a nap and than went back out again and stopped for pizza for dinner. so a very off day of eating i know the scale is up again for weigh in. but, i realized something sitting here with a full tummy. that i could eat the pizza and just do what i did STOPPED when i was full. i should have done that with lunch too. but, instead sent me to the bathroom. but, it's life and i can't life it without getting/eating foods i like or sometimes get. we havn't had pizza in a very long time. we always make our own.

hope everyone has a good weekend.

later :heart:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Amy, I had a fibroid tumor the size of a small football between my ovaries and uterus removed in 1999 (when I was only 18). Don't stress the childbearing deal... I chose that the surgeon could remove one ovary but not both, and could not remove my uterus (if the tumor removal required it) without waking me up and having me make an informed decision. Never came to that... everything was fine AND the ovary most effected by the tumor was the one that ovulated the egg my daughter was conceived from (do not ask me how the doctor knew that!!!). My cousin also recently had fibroid tumors removed and they (as she put it) were able to use the openings God gave her (no incisions). No worries, Amy. They GYN will give you great news, I'm sure of it!

Thanks Lauryn. That makes me feel much better. The stuff you read on the internet makes it all sound like the end result is not good! I hope that I dont even have one but if I do than I am glad to know that the outcome could be good! We plan to start trying to have our 3rd and final pregnancy in about 6 mths after my BFF gets married. Again, thanks!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Amy, my ex-sister-in-law just gave birth to her second baby and has six MASSIVE fibroids. I presume you'll be just fine with baby number 3.

Just a quick check-in before I do my abs and chest exercise. Not so great nutritionally yesterday and today but I'll make it up. I've written down a 4-week schedule for exercise and I'll switch it up after the 4 wks. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Hi everyone else, sorry I've had scant personals lately - just so busy!!

Rhiannon :bigsmile:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Hi Ladies!!

Just a quick check in. Not too bad food-wise yesterday except i had to make cookies for an event I went to and I may have snuck a couple!!! :blushing: THis morning though back on track with coffee, OJ, and multigrain cheerios.

I also finally bought some truvia because i had seen a lot of people on here had used it and its really good in my coffee!! YUM!!!

don't know if i will have a chance for a workout today with going to the basketball games but will do quite a bit of walking while there I presume so hopefully that helps. Mexican for lunch, but have got that pretty much figured out to what I can have.

Hope you all have a good day!! :heart:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Morning Sixers! :flowerforyou: Nice to here from you Amylou and Rhiannon. Cathy? How is your morning going. Hope everyone is enjoying their day!!!

As for me... yesterday was quite restful and I plan to do something similar today. I've been working hard on a fitness plan for April that I will be happy with. So, its due tonight by midnight. LOL.... I guess I need a deadline. :laugh: I'm off to a good start, reading the bible this morning. Its hard not having a church here still. I have visited 1 and I didn't like it much. Yesterday I was feeling a void presenting and I knew I needed to read some motivational things today. I also plan to listen to some gospel this morning just to kick start my week. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Take care ladies,

Tamm:drinker:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    yup here, lurking, eating, not visiting the gym, moving son out, will have granddaughters for a few days starting tomorrow. that's it not much.

• pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Hey ladies. It is absolutely beautiful here today. I wish I could go crazy in the yard but I have not seen the doc and been released to do things like that so I will enjoy the sunshine for now.

I dared to step on the scale this morning and I am up 2 pounds. No too happy about that but I also think I am still retaining water from the surgery. I feel pudgy! I dont know. Oh well. This Saturday I am going back to weight watchers. I need to get back on track with my eating.

Everyone enjoy the remainder of their wonderful weekend.

Amy:flowerforyou:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    pdx....if they did the three/four little cuts to do it. they pumped you up with air and that is the bloated feeling. mine lasted 6 weeks. it was so not nice. to have the belly when it was just going down. doc said it could take 4-6 weeks...

hope to get myself back to eating better also. tomorrow is my day. i want to throw the scale out. i can put on weight so quickly, makes me mad.........

i don't know if i post weight on tuesday. i am embarrassed.

off to relax....been a long day

• nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hey girlies. Been so wrapped up in my own thing this weekend, but I did a good thing today, and yesterday that is diffent than what I would have done almost 30 lbs ago. Yesterday we had the chinese like mom said and me, dh, and girls had a friends daughters birthday party to go to and I thought, YAY cake!!! But I only took a bite of the cake and ice cream from my daughters plate and I was all good. But boy did I want to dig in. Cake is my all time favorite. In fact I used to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with my first pregnancy, which ended in miscarriage. Boy if that preganancy continued I would have been HUGE!!! Other good thing I did today was I had lunch sandwich with the parents and when I got home hubby wanted Tasty and I got him something and didn't splurge on me like I would have liked. So, needless to say I have my days, but I do need to get back on the tracking again. Need to go shopping which I may do tomorrow and get some Easter shopping done, thanks mom.

All the new folks, WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Hope all my sixers enjoyed your weekend.

Tamm- a good book is the best!! That has been part of the reason I haven't been on here. I've been reading now that the kids are older, I love books!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, gotta finish some laundry then it's off to bed. Hope everyone has a wonderful night. Later.:drinker:
  • drtamm
    Options
    Amy- don't you worry. I'm sure you will be back in the swing of things soon!

Cathy- I know what you mean about gaining! I know you will get back to your healthy ways soon. I have confidence in you! YAY

Shanell- good to hear from you! I do love books and the library has a 50 book limit that's in walking distance from my house. LOL. Its so dangerous. I like to get lost in a book. I'm proud of your choices this weekend. Congrats!!'

Tiff- Good luck with all your studying!!! Love ya!

Lauryn- how are you doing?

Well :yawn: Though I never get sleepy I'm heading to read in the bed and hopefully rest soon.

Nite Nite

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    morning ladies. bad weekend in terms of food... and now i am sick :sick: ... have an exam today too. :grumble: but i had a good healthy bfast and i am going to push through this day... sorry i was MIA this weekend... seems like a lot has happened! hope everyone has a great day... i will try and catch up later if i feel better! :heart:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning...

i am here....don't want to be, cause that means i have to be honest myself. but, i NEED to be here. just cleaning house, laundry, DH dentist again today and getting ready for the grands. we will go on nature hike tomorrow and than wednesday go to the lake and they want to swim. it's only going to be 65. than take them back to mom and dad. thursday & friday moving son completely out. saturday we are going to a play put on by our chruch called the thorn. it's about meaning of easter. want to see more go to "thethorn.net" . heard it is great. so, i am hoping to get in some gym work and reg. exercise work this week. i plan on getting on the treadmill here at home today for a fresh start to a c25k workout. than maybe a gym on wed. the girls can go to the daycare for awhile. they won't mind. than gym again on friday and sunday. my normal days.
    i am really struggling getting myself back to it. i know what i need to do. i just don't want to. i keep telling myself you just got into all those cute spring cloths and saw more you want to get. can't do that. i need to earn the outfit i want. no more until i get to next goal of 196.

well, need to get going or it won't get done.

• chipper15173
    Options
    warning ****may be long****

***thinking again***
    as in my last post i said i was having a hard time. eating, exercising, all of it. i forced myself on the treadmill and started the c25k for day 1 week 2. thinking it will just be 30 mins. well, as i am going along i get to the 15 mins mark. i am feeling real good. thinking i might keep going. got to the 30 mins and stopped, ran to the bathroom, jumped back on and kept going. thinking that i might play around some. ran for 3 mins at 3.5. than thought ok lets try 4.0 for 30 seconds. did that a few times. ended up getting myself to running 5.0 for 1 min. and going a total of 62 mins. it felt SOOOO GOOD!!!! getting off and all sweaty and breathing good.
    as i was running i was running through things in my mind. that some of you great ladies have told me how strong i always seem to be, how together i have it. i have struggled this week and felt like i was letting y'all down. than while treadmilling i thought i am only human and i am going to fall at times. but, it also keeps me aware of the things i am doing wrong. which is a good thing. the exercise today just reafirmed my strength to do this and take it the end! i CAN do it. i WILL do it.

what a GREAT workout!!!!!! thank you higher power for the new light bulb screwed in.

so, you ladies can this too. just do it. we all fall from time to time. it is our time to learn something. i learned that it's ok to fall, and get right back into it. it feels better being on track than not. i have felt yucky this week. no engery, no strength, tired, blah.....i didn't/don't like those feelings. i have a busy, yet great week ahead of me and lots of activies. so i will get some exercise in everyday. even if it's not going to the gym.

need to shower and get to house cleaning, before i get the girls.

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Tamm, Rhiannon, Amy, every one else keeping up with me --- thank you. :flowerforyou: I appreciate you all for asking about me.

I'm here. Suffering through. Choking my sorrows with chips and cookies. :sick: Not good. I can't do this and I know it.... Pretty soon my work clothes won't fit and then how will I interview for new jobs with no fitting clothes?!? I must take care of myself, but I'm lacking the energy/motivation/will right now. This will pass.

I plan to make it to the gym today to weigh in for the first time in almost two weeks. Last count, I think I was at 161... or 159. I can't remember, I keep floating around in that range. I must weigh in today and start holding myself accountable. Maybe that will help kick those late night binges I keep falling into.

I've been lurking and I'm thinking about you all. I have fallen hard in my own pit of pity, and I feel selfish for it because all I've lost is a job. It's stupid because it's not a matter of life, death, or health. I can manage. I will be fine, so it makes me feel like a selfish brat to feel so poorly and publically say how badly I feel. I know some of you understand and some of you don't. I never understood how depressing losing a job was until I just lost mine.

Anyhow. It's a rainy Monday here. I haven't been to the gym in two weeks. I'm hoping to make today useful.

xo,
    me
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    red sox: Good luck on your test today! I have 2 this week!!! :-/ But as usual I choose confidence over fear and trust that worry won't change a thing! Not to mention I'm a studying machine lol! I have the CRAZIEST story to tell you all... hmmm... I don't have time to type the whole thing right now due to my study schedule... plus I want to squeeze in a run. But let's just say it has something to do with me, the police, and my apartment. AND NO I AM NOT IN DANGER! :noway: It ends up being pretty funny! :happy: Ok guys, gotta go!

I'm always m.i.a or brief but I promise ya I am working hard and will catch up asap. I'll be back bugging you all on Friday! My test tomorrow is examining a patient in the hospital-complete exam, and Friday is women's health! Send up well wishes please!

Chipper: I'm glad you got your GROOVE back! :-) one day at a time
    Lauryn: You are entitled to your feelings! It is normal to be sad. Normal to feel down, And normal to react how you have to the loss of a job.... I haven't been there but I know sudden life changes are often uncomfortable. I often try and talk myself out of how I feel... but I am beginning to realize that it is easier to ACCEPT a feeling than to expend soo much energy trying to change a feeling. Time heals all. Have a beautiful day! The sun is shining behind all the clouds and rain! :flowerforyou: