13»

Replies

• Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    1. Communication
    2. Trust/Honesty
    3. Having fun together.

I can pretty much do what I want and my SO is okay with it. Obviously as long as it wasn't going out and doing something behind his back.
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    IMHO, it's just one thing - expanding your sphere of consideration to encompass them to the same degree as yourself. Your thoughts and decision become about "us", not "you and me". If you don't expand the sphere, you're being selfish. If you take them into consideration more than yourself, you will give up too much and resent them in the long run. Everything else feeds into this - trust, honesty, communication, loyalty, etc. It's worked for us for almost 25 years so we must be doing something right. :-)

9114468.png

Advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!
  • bpurc22
    bpurc22 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For me, its one. LOYALTY.

I won't have a relationship with a girl unless I know she's right, so I don't have to worry about the other things. I can go for weeks without seeing someone I'm in a relationship with because distance is nothing more than distance.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    communication
    respect
    commitment
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Relationships are like puppies, they're cute until they *kitten* on the floor"
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Honesty and trust.

mila_kunis_l3.jpg

AND

ryan-gosling-shirtless-600-400-09-12-11.jpg

OMFG! Ryan Gosling!!!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: *panties drop*
  • jennilovesryan
    Options
    1. accepting each other's flaws while realizing that those flaws more than likely won't change
    2. having the most fun when you are both together
    3. never ever ever cheating
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    1) Sammiches
    2) Paninis
    3) Hoagies
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Sex
    Money
    Communication
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    1.Spontaneous SEX
    2.Dirty SEX
    3.Freaky SEX
    Yeah, that'll pretty much do it! You forgot frequent SEX. Plus love and all that other crap.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    But if I'm being honest it would have to be laughter, friendship, and ..... well sex.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    1. Innate "connection" aka, that deep communication and bond that almost seems cosmic
    2. Willingness to please from both parties
    3. Emotional, physical, and intimate trust
    ^^ this ^^
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    What do you think is the top three things that make or break a relationship?

1. Great Conversation
    2. Likes to laugh
    3. Loves to give *kitten*

What is something that you wish your significant other would let you do for a day?

Her sister!
  • stablesong
    Options
    Trust is a big deal to me. Communication is important. What I am struggling with now is making time for each other. My boyfriend and I are both busy, we hardly see each other lately. When we do, it's only for a little while. We definitely need to work on getting more quality time together and making it happen more often.

My boyfriend has never told me not to do anything, but I've never tried to do anything that would make him uncomfortable. I wish he would stop going out and partying/crashing in a house with a bunch of girls, etc when I'm not around, but I would never tell him he can't do it.
  • jtheroux89
    jtheroux89 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Definitely trust, once your significant other hurts you it's a tough road to get back where you were, and often you never get back to that place.

Being considerate is also a huge factor that seems like it should be obvious in a relationship (Maybe I'm bitter because I just got out of a 2 year relationship where my birthdays, and all other holidays were completely blown off), but just showing that you care about them, it doesn't have to be gifts or flowers, just small, simple things can keep it alive and fun.

& finally, passion. No explanation for that :)
  • Pollyfleming
    Pollyfleming Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Assuming that love is the foundation

1. Kindness/consideration--you know, the kind you give to strangers--that's how you should treat the person you're married to/in a relationhship with! He still opens my door and I still say, "Thank you"
    2. Knowing how to fight--we go at it like cats and dogs but we NEVER hit below the belt (for example, he's not once in 26 years brought up my weight when we're fighting) We also pretty much start angry but end up giggling--we both know we can be dumbasses.
    3. Sticking to it--we all have ups and downs but stick to it and keep your mouth shut. Everyone, at some points wakes up and thinks, "What have I done?" That feeling will pass in a day or a week and you'll be back to realizing why you fell in love in the first place. There's no need to nag, *****, or complain.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Intellectual equality ( I know that sounds odd but It really matters to me...)

LOVE

laughter ( esp having the same sense of humour...)

Nobody ever prevents me from doing anything... I may choose not to do certain things out of love.. that is different...

This^^.

Laughter is important
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    For me, assuming love is impled already, the most important thing is understanding & trust. I'm studying at uni about and hour and a half away from my boyfriend, so it gets really hard sometimes. But we trust each other so much, and he understands that sometimes, even though I miss him so much it feels like I've lost a limb or something, I can't talk to him because I have to study. So I think that being able to understand that I can't always be there, but that I love him more than anything is really really important (:

Also, being able to make each other laugh is so important! We always goof around and act silly, and he always knows how to make me smile (: I love him so much (: <3