Fool Proof Low Calorie Muffins??

Options

Replies

• sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    mmmm. I LOVE pumpkin. Going to have to try those :) Thanks!
  • KimH313
    KimH313 Posts: 162
    Options
    Definitely gonna try the pumpkin muffins and maybe throw in a pinch of cinnamon and some walnuts!!!!!!!! Can't wait :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how low do you want the calories to be? there are lots that i have found but i guess you need to le tus know how low you want the calories to be...
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The pumpkin ones sounds delightful.....LOL.,....But I'd miss or want to put cream cheese frosting on it!!!!!
  • pnjperr
    Options
    I make the pumpkin spice muffins all the time and my family loves them!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    In my experience they do dry out quicker the low fat ones. Just have to offer them out lol x
  • donna9089
    Options
    1 15oz can of pumpkin
    1 box of carrot cake or spice cake mix
    3/4 cup water

Mix it all together. Divide evenly into 24 muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

87 cal per muffin and very tasty!

I am trying these today!
  • pigwidgeon82
    pigwidgeon82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    i just made some banana chocolate chip muffins and they come out to 185 calories a muffin. this recipes makes 12.

1 cup flour
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1/8 tsp salt
    1/4 cup butter
    18 TBS dark brown sugar
    1 egg
    3 ripe bananas
    1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    splash of vanilla extract

1. preheat oven to 350. spray muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. in large bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. in separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. stir in eggs and bananas until blended. stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. scoop flour mixture into muffin tin tray.

3. bake in oven for 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through. (my oven is gas and takes 45, yours may take longer)

recipe makes 12 muffins at 185 calories a muffin.
  • maiyamummy
    Options
    2 1/2 cups oatmeal
    15oz cup canned pumpkin
    2/3 cup splenda (or to taste)
    1 cup skim milk
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 eggs (or egg beaters)
    1 T apple pie spice (or pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon - all to taste)
    1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

There are a few variations of this recipe that I am going to try. I put every single ingredient into MFP and I believe each muffin is 88 calories. I really liked this particular one. Not dry at all. And again, the spices and Splenda can be adjusted to your liking. Next I am going to try them with applesauce in place of pumpkin, along with apple pie spice and cinnamon. Can't hurt!

Sounds great!
  • BeccaSuzanna
    Options
    Saving for future reference.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I had chocolate cake mix, so I used the canned pumpkin & chocolate and they were yummy!
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    http://www.busybuthealthy.com
    This website has some of the best protein muffins ever!
    I've made the chocolate chip pumpkin, blueberry and lemon poppy seed ones and I have raved to everyone that will listen to me.
    The lemon poppy seed muffins were only 77 calories by my recipe calculation.

This is my new favorite website! Thanks for posting!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I make banana muffins using a box banana bread mix, 3/4 cup water (like the directions call for) and replaced the oil and eggs with one snack size cup of apple sauce. my boyfriend who is a picky eater devoured them and would never know the difference.
    However, I couldnt tell you the nutritional information.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    2 1/2 cups oatmeal
    15oz cup canned pumpkin
    2/3 cup splenda (or to taste)
    1 cup skim milk
    1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    2 eggs (or egg beaters)
    1 T apple pie spice (or pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon - all to taste)
    1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together and spoon into muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

There are a few variations of this recipe that I am going to try. I put every single ingredient into MFP and I believe each muffin is 88 calories. I really liked this particular one. Not dry at all. And again, the spices and Splenda can be adjusted to your liking. Next I am going to try them with applesauce in place of pumpkin, along with apple pie spice and cinnamon. Can't hurt!

Sounds good, definitely going to try. Thanks!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    http://www.busybuthealthy.com
    This website has some of the best protein muffins ever!
    I've made the chocolate chip pumpkin, blueberry and lemon poppy seed ones and I have raved to everyone that will listen to me.
    The lemon poppy seed muffins were only 77 calories by my recipe calculation.

This is my new favorite website! Thanks for posting!

Lol, yeah the website is my new addiction! :)
  • Jamotto
    Jamotto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    1 15oz can of pumpkin
    1 box of carrot cake or spice cake mix
    3/4 cup water

Mix it all together. Divide evenly into 24 muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

87 cal per muffin and very tasty!

Sounds yummy!

Sounds really good! Just a question though: are they at all gummy? That's the texture thing that puts me off low-fat muffins.

There are 2 recipes going around for these.
    I have made them both! The first time I added the water and they would not cook through and I had to through them away.
    The second time I only added the pumpkin and cake mix. I made them once with Chocolate cake ( tasted like brownies) and once with Carrot cake. Both Delish. Don't add the water.

http://low-cholesterol.food.com/recipe/2-ingredient-pumpkin-muffins-260781

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=136054

Servings 24

Betty Crocker - Super Moist Carrot Cake Dry Mix Only, 1 pkg 1,600 350 15 20 3,100 0
    Libby's - 100% Pure Pumpkin- 15 oz Can, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.) 140 32 4 7 18 0

Total: Calories 1740, Carbs 382, Fat 19, Protein27 Sodium 3118, Choles 0
    Per Serving: 73 16 1 1 130 0
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    bump - yummy!!!
  • vickster2012
    vickster2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Vita Muffins or muffin tops are delicious, but expensive. They are worth the money to me though. They are packed with fiber.
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    2TBSP water, 1 can pureed pumpkin and 1 box devils food chocolate cake mix. mix together, pour into muffin tins. makes pumpkin brownie muffins. sooo delicious, even my hubby loved it and he is very picky.