Shakes,Smoothies, and other things

Options
13»

Replies

• mcrmsi77
    mcrmsi77 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I found this off of pintrest and I tried it and I LOVE IT!!
    Take whatever fruits you like and either freeze them on a cookie sheet or buy already frozen fruit. Then take ice cube trays and put yogurt in the trays. Freeze them. When everything is frozen (about 2-4 hours depending on everything) put 3-4 of the ice cubes in a freezer bag along with desired fruit and store them in the freezer. When ever you want to make a smoothie they are already made for you just dump into blender and add a little milk or juice and there you have it :)

I used banana yogurt and blueberries and strawberries and a splash of milk!!! yummy!!!!!!
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    bump
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I'm gonna have to take a look at that - the one I've been making comes out very milkeshakey and I LOVE it, definitely would like to check out some more variety though...
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? All this talk about protein shakes...I know how good they are for you but I find that I'm over in my protein almost every day just from normal meals. Where do you find room in the protein allowance for these shakes?

MFP's protein recommendation is kind of low, a lot of people intentionally go higher. It's not so much a 'limit' as it is a target recommendation. Plus it is based on a default 'percentage' that is split between carbs/fat/protein and it is customizable in your profile if you want to change it. Some people switch up their percentages so that they get a higher percentage of protein and lower percentages of carbs and/or fat. If you're consistently over and getting tired of that red number, you might like to change yours up a bit. If you want to, you can click 'my home' then 'goals' then 'change goals' and choose the 'custom' option, which will allow you to tweak those percentages if you'd like. :-)
  • candie33
    candie33 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Meiplé
    Options
    bump
  • ashlee2012
    Options
    I use the Yoplait 2x protein yogurt since I also don't like the protein additives. About a 1/2 container of that, 1 full banana, and whatever else I want (usually fresh strawberries or blueberries) and I don't need extra sweetener with all that fresh, yummy fruit. Add a little milk to thin it if you need to. I don't like mine too icy, but you can also add crushed ice if you'd like!