Post your microwave recipes here!

Options
Tenoreo90
Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
I love microwaving food. Saves time and dishes :D

Just made this: Egg muffin: Spray a mug with cooking spray (I used a no-cal butter spray) scramble one egg, add whatever other ingredients you want (I added spinach and fat free cheese) and scramble. Microwave for 1 minute.

Also, I love low fat beanie weanies: 1 small can of fat free baked beans+5 links of turkey lil' smokies. Mmm...

What do you guys make in the microwave?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I usually only reheat leftovers in the microwave, but I would be willing to try the egg muffin sometime! Thanks for sharing!
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    LOL the only microwave recipe I have, and was going to add, was also eggs. I crack 2 eggs into a microwavable mug, add 2 tbsp of milk, and beat with a fork. I nuke it for 50 seconds, take it out and add some shredded cheese, mix again; nuke again for 60 seconds. Yumm!!!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Eggs in the microwave sounds totally bizarre. What's the texture like?
  • nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Recently ive been using one serving of Betty Crocker Spice cake mix, about 2 T water, some pumpkin pie spice, some cinnamon, and microwave for 1 minute on high. Top with some FF cool whip and it is delicious for 175 calories!
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I know, right? It's not bad! And I'm really picky about my eggs. I might add milk as another poster suggested...the bottom got a little too dry. Otherwise, tastes just like stovetop eggs!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My fav dessert at night is a diced up apple, skin still on with 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on. Microwaved for 1:30. Great little faux apple crisp/sauce for about 80 cals. That with a cup of dark hot cocoa from my keurig and I'm in business!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    That sounds realy good. Thanks for sharing.:smile:
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Eggs in the microwave sounds totally bizarre. What's the texture like?

I find the more I mix them, the fluffier they are.... also, I take them out of the microwave right away and dump them on a plate (although I'm sure you could eat them out of the mug) - I found once if i left it in the microwave while I attended to something else, they got flat and dense.

I've never been a fan of eggs, but I am getting more into them and I really do like these! And no messy pans to clean up :)
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, they are so awesome I "fry" my hamburger in it, I cook chicken breast, whole chicken, pork, roast, soups, casseroles, everything it!
  • TheBakerGirl
    Options
    Microwave bananas! It's delicious. I usually mash one up, sprinkle some cinnamon, pop it in the microwave and call it dessert. This morning, I heated a mashed banana, topped it with plain yogurt and a sprinkle of granola…amazing!
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    bump
  • drellbell
    Options
    I saw a cake recipe on here yesterday, that I wanted to try. My kids are always asking for something sweet after dinner and 9 times out of 10 I say no. They loved it, called 3 2 1 cake...poster said it has aprox 42 cals guess it depends on what other cake mix you use with the angelfood mix (have to use this one atleast cause it's fat free :)

Mix one box angelfood cake and one box of another flavor cake (I used yellow) in a gallon ziplock bag
    3 Tbsp cake mix
    2 Tbsp water
    1 minute in the microwave and you have a cake (spongie in texture but pretty darn good)

top with 2 Tbsp Whip topping (I used light) can add fruit as well
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't own a microwave. It changes the molecular structure of food and zaps out the nutrients. http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/health-hazards-to-know-about/microwave-ovens-the-proven-dangers
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Microwave bananas! It's delicious. I usually mash one up, sprinkle some cinnamon, pop it in the microwave and call it dessert. This morning, I heated a mashed banana, topped it with plain yogurt and a sprinkle of granola…amazing!

How long do you microwave it?
  • lynzinnc
    Options
    Bumping the great ideas!
  • crazybeautifulkittie
    Options
    While I respect your beliefs. And this is not to be mean or anything, its just to correct a misconception. There are articles that proclaim just about anything, like how vaccines are dangerous,etc and causes cancer and such. Until I see a published "Nature" or "Cell" or even PNAS article.

Remember even if you cook it on stove top, bake it, grill it or whatever you area denaturing the structure of the food. So if you really wanna be completely safe, go on the raw food diet. Saves cooking dishes at least.
  • CapsFan17
    Options
    I saw a cake recipe on here yesterday, that I wanted to try. My kids are always asking for something sweet after dinner and 9 times out of 10 I say no. They loved it, called 3 2 1 cake...poster said it has aprox 42 cals guess it depends on what other cake mix you use with the angelfood mix (have to use this one atleast cause it's fat free :)

Mix one box angelfood cake and one box of another flavor cake (I used yellow) in a gallon ziplock bag
    3 Tbsp cake mix
    2 Tbsp water
    1 minute in the microwave and you have a cake (spongie in texture but pretty darn good)

top with 2 Tbsp Whip topping (I used light) can add fruit as well

I love the 321 cake! I highly recomend this if you want something sweet!
  • xmandadollx
    xmandadollx Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more quick microwave recipes :)
  • jelicaa
    jelicaa Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I always make eggs in the microwave at work....easy egg sandwhich :)delicious too