How often do YOU weigh your self?

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, morning and night both. Last time I stopped looking at the scale, more and more time passed without me watching it, then it got higher and higher and next thing I knew, I had a LOT to lose. If daily weighing is obsessive, then that's what I'm willing to be to keep myself on track.

I don't get depressed or freak out when there are fluctuations though because I know that's how things roll sometimes.....
  • Mamawood74
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week or once every two weeks. I don't want to become obsessed with weighing myself and be discouraged if I have a bad week. Even though knowing how much you lose is a good thing sometimes it can be a deterrent. Examples: I blew this week so I'll eat what I want. or I did good this week so 1 ______ won't hurt me (fill in the blank with a no-no food.) That's my opinion. What's yours?
  • VeganJamiOnAMission
    Options
    Daily in the morning, but I keep in mind that my weight will naturally fluctuate and I don't let the little "ups" get me down. If the scale says a bit more than it did yesterday, it motivates me to try harder today.
  • Jojo2k11
    Options
    I used to weigh myself daily, but I obsess over the number which isn't good. I'm not one to pay attention to my body so it really does me no good. Then since I've been staying at my guy's house I've been weighing myself at the end of the day and that's just driving me crazy. I saw myself drop 2lbs, but then because I'm trying to drink more water I saw no loss the next day at the same time.

So yeah, I guess its back to once a week for me lol ;)
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I used to do it once a week. Now it's more like once a month. I'm just not interested anymore. If I FEEL like I've lost then I will check, but otherwise I keep working until I get that feeling.
  • shine_
    shine_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning, but I could feel myself getting a bit overly obsessed. I took a break from the scales for 3 weeks and I have now decided that I'll only weigh myself twice a week.
  • Kelsbellz
    Kelsbellz Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Every morning, it makes me accountable for my daily food decisions.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    daily
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I do every morning but I am so close now, I just can't help it. I just don't freak out if I see a gain because I know I can lose it again.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    About twice a month! Lol
  • mejustsmaller316
    mejustsmaller316 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I record once a week, but tend to have a sneaky peak once or twice throughout the week!

Thats me
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Every morning and I record it if it goes down or if I'm tracking for a particular reason (plateau). It's like a soap opera... Gotta see what happens the next morning! ;)
  • anna_love
    Options
    Every time I remember about my scale haha
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Daily cos I'm obsessed and the scales are in the bathroom...so it's what I usually do in the morning!
  • mathewhowarth
    Options
    Twice a day! 5am and 8pm

14133768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • peekasboo
    Options
    i try to avoid the scales at all costs.
    simply due to the fact if ive been working hard all week. and see a 0lb weight loss.
    i usually think oh whats the point. and stop!
    and then eat loads.. so this time im taking measurements. and im going to weigh myself in 4 weeks time.
  • tlanute
    Options
    Every morning.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, morning and night both. Last time I stopped looking at the scale, more and more time passed without me watching it, then it got higher and higher and next thing I knew, I had a LOT to lose. If daily weighing is obsessive, then that's what I'm willing to be to keep myself on track.

I don't get depressed or freak out when there are fluctuations though because I know that's how things roll sometimes.....

This. Except I do get a bit discouraged sometimes.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've always done once a week as well until lately. I still only record my weight once a week since I know it can fluctuate day to day...but I've been weighing myself a few times a week lately just to make sure I am actually progressing.

same, only properly record it once a week but i have a peek a couple of times (:
  • 2012x
    2012x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Daily is farrrrrr to often in my opinion.

Every 7-10days BUT ive learnt it isnt about number on the scales its about ME.
    then its body measurements then scales.