What is your BAD gym etiquette?

Options
armon403
armon403 Posts: 30 Member
There are lots of people griping about the things that piss them off at the gym. We are all guilty of breaking a rule or two. What are your bad gym habits?
Mine? Let's see...
-I sweat. A LOT. And I drip on everything. I try to wipe most of it up.
-I'm the guy that blows his nose while running. I carry my own towel with me so I blow into that. Not a gym towel. Outside I just blow a hockey snot.(if you have to ask, look it up)
-I keep my music so loud I can drown everybody else out. Consequently I tend to grunt loudly... Not like the big meat heads but...
-I step on a towel in the locker room so I don't have to touch the floor.
I',m sure the people that see me at the gym could prob give you more but that's all I can come with for now.

So, spill it!

Replies

• grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I sit on the equipment in between exercises. There are signs everywhere prohibiting it. But if someone wants to step in, I will welcome them to the machine. But I just don't like standing there like a fool when I can just sit on the seat until my next set. But in my defense, I don't go to the gym when its real crowded generally.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    •I rarely wash my gym clothes and smell like rancid fermunda cheese.
    •I have knocked people's things off their treadmill while caught up in an air drumming session
    •As a result of my swamp *kitten* I leave snail trails
    •I accidentally sing aloud to my music while running
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'm a sweater because I go hard or go home.
    I'm sure my breathing annoys people too since I'm breathing hard from working hard along with compensating for asthma issues.
    I buzz people that insist on walking two and three wide on the track taking up the walking side AND the jogging side and refuse to give me a little room to jog past. I keep thinking they'll eventually figure out that hearing rapid footfalls behind them means someone is coming!

JM
  • armon403
    armon403 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking they'll eventually figure out that hearing rapid footfalls behind them means someone is coming!

Good luck. I hear you can't fix stupid.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I read my kindle on the elleptical
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I watch That 70's Show while on the elliptical or bicycle (we've got the Matrix machines with the plat panel TVs!) sometimes I laugh out loud.

JM
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I also sit at the weight machines between sets. It is not that busy usually so I don't think it is causing anyone major problems.

I lip sync and drum my hands to my music. Sometimes I wonder if I have it so loud people can hear it because sometimes I get "the look" - like what are you listening too?

I used to worry about going to the gym because I was new and didn't know the rules. Now I just do my thing and so what if people think I am silly. Actually, I do tend to be silly. That is just the way I am.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I watch the Food Network while I'm on the elliptical. Sorry Gooey Butter Cake doesn't motivate you the way it motivates me.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I sweat that much it looks like i just took a dip in the pool but i workout hard whats the point and i always wipe down!
  • kdruga
    kdruga Posts: 35
    Options
    I do more than 30 minutes of Cardio at a time. And yes, I get mad when I see other people doing it!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    gasp.................I wear make up to the gym, its not that I put it on to go to the gym, its just that I go straight from work and I barely have time to change into my work out clothes and drive there BUT I do shower it off as soon as my work out is done :)
  • Maximus0005
    Maximus0005 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    -I step on a towel in the locker room so I don't have to touch the floor.

Wait since when is doing this bad etiquette?

I think people not taking care of their feet which causes the rest of us to do this in order to avoid athlete's foot is the bad etiquette.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I lip sync and catch myself dancing on oh um everything. I also sweat like a pig so i bring my own towel and try to clean up as best i can. I notice everyone walking past me all the time so i think i creep people out but whatever.....My hubby also say's i look like i want to kick everyone's *kitten* and that is why no one takes the equipment next to me lmao
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Heh heh, I put my wet things (from swimming/water aerobics) all over a bench and leave it there until I'm dress and can wrap it up in a towel. Mind you, I do clean up after myself, but I get a lot of dirty looks!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I read War & Peace between sets.

The entire book.

And no, you can't "work in."
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I DON'T remove my outdoor shoes to carry them through the locker room. (gasp) i wear them in, i ain't stepping on that floor! Nasty...
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Embarassing but funny I suppose...

Since losing weight my shorts have become a little loose on me
    especially in the thigh area...

I didnt realize just how bad it was until my trainer asked me to do my situps and crunches facing the wall...
    I now wear Spandex shorts underneath my shorts :P

I too also blast my music in my ears and lip sync and air drum or bang my head.

Another funny story just yesterday I was with my trainer and one of the other gym members told me "you dont make enough noise when you work out..." I kind of looked at her like o_O??? Im sorry I seriously can't stand when people moan or grunt really loudly haha
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I'm a space hog...I hog the free weights, the space in the front (by the mirror:tongue: ) of my Zumba class, the stretching area etc....and I get PISSED when someone does that to me or step in my space...lol...
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    When I'm on a treadmill and a song I *really* like comes on, I do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuK08CdhaI
  • HURLEYX3RO
    Options
    Hey I do that too! hahaha

When I'm on a treadmill and a song I *really* like comes on, I do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuK08CdhaI