What is your BAD gym etiquette?

Options

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I carry my cell phone around to use my jefit app, and I play on MFP with it on the cardio machines. I wear tight pants on occasion. I wear gloves. I grunt.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    When I'm on a treadmill and a song I *really* like comes on, I do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXuK08CdhaI

:laugh: :laugh: That's aweome LMAO

Me? What do I do that's bad in the gym? uuuuhhh I'm not going to say because I don't want to get beat up :bigsmile:
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon cheeseburgers and drink milk shakes in front of people running on treadmills
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I do more than 30 minutes of Cardio at a time. And yes, I get mad when I see other people doing it!
    I never knew this was a problem? I always do an hour minimum when I'm at the gym.
  • jannah2004
    Options
    I am the person who wipe her head with the towel then wipe the machine down. Sorry just didn't think about it before :flowerforyou:
    I wont do it any more
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I do more than 30 minutes of Cardio at a time. And yes, I get mad when I see other people doing it!
    I never knew this was a problem? I always do an hour minimum when I'm at the gym.

Its a common rule at gyms. But not relevant unless people are waiting. I rarely go when all the machines are taken.
  • Pollart77
    Pollart77 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    HAHAH I totally do this too! I even glare at them when they are on there longer but it is ok that I am on there for 40 minutes!
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I sit on the equipment between sets using my cell phone to text and check out what's up on MFP. I head bang and play air guitar if you don't like metal GTFO.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    I take up enough space for 4 people in the locker room.

I "blank stare" when working out, so it looks like I'm staring at you but I'm not. I've been told it freaks people out.

I make eye contact and conversation with the naked lady in the hot tub, and I don't care if she thinks I'm gay. Seriously, if that bothers you, why are you in the hot tub naked?
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Headbanging and doing 45-60 minutes of cardio. It's not normally an issue except for January when there are a ton of people in the gym.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I text and send emails while I'm on the elliptical. I've never actually picked up the phone to talk, though.
    Also, if someone's using the machine I want, I'm that obnoxious person who'll do a driveby to see how much time they have left.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    I don't wear shower shoes in the shower.
  • emmdeebee
    Options
    I love that other people lip sync while at the gym. I tend to listen to a lot of showtunes and sometimes lip sync with them. :-) Oh well, as long as I'm not singing out loud ......
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I sit on the equipment in between exercises. There are signs everywhere prohibiting it. But if someone wants to step in, I will welcome them to the machine. But I just don't like standing there like a fool when I can just sit on the seat until my next set. But in my defense, I don't go to the gym when its real crowded generally.

I think I would be guilty of this myself! I am not going to get off the machine and clean it each time in between sets. To me that seems a bit silly. I move on as soon as I am done. I think I also have a tendency to sing when listening to my IPod too. I can't hear me! I am sure I don't sound good though!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I stare. At everyone.
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    •I rarely wash my gym clothes and smell like rancid fermunda cheese.
    •I have knocked people's things off their treadmill while caught up in an air drumming session
    •As a result of my swamp *kitten* I leave snail trails
    •I accidentally sing aloud to my music while running

I just died laughing!!!!!
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I make odd noises when lifting weights sometimes.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    •I rarely wash my gym clothes and smell like rancid fermunda cheese.
    •I have knocked people's things off their treadmill while caught up in an air drumming session
    •As a result of my swamp *kitten* I leave snail trails
    •I accidentally sing aloud to my music while running

Hahahah!! That made me giggle :laugh:

I wish I could spot someone air drumming in my gym!
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    lol- love some of the answers.

If all the treadmills are taken, I stalk people until they jump off, then I sprint over to take it before they even wipe it down! :) I am also guilty of sweating all over the gym equipment as well!
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I fart a lot when running on the treadmill. Must be the protein powder.