Peanut Butter

Options

Replies

• Heather2784
    Heather2784 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I LOVE putting in on either apple caramel (my fav) or the cocoa Rice cakes. Sooo good. It's weird, but I was never really into peanut butter that much, unless of course it was inside a Reeses cup, but now that I'm dieting, I literally crave for the stuff.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I had to throw my half eaten jar of PB away the other day. I couldn't control myself with it. I love the stuff but had to get it out of my house for awhile.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter - I haven't had it in a while but somebody suggested putting a TB in oatmeal! I'm definitely gonna try that cause I eat oatmeal every morning!

If you're feeling really decadent sprinkle about half a Tbsp of mini chocolate chips on top after you stir the peanut butter in. It's totally worth the extra 40 calories:wink:
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    i heat it up and pur it over oranges,kiwis, bananas or pears, YOM

Sometimes I slice a banana length-wise, put peanut butter inside, then close it back up for a peanut butter and banana sandwich without the bread. I love pb and banana together, and NEVER thought of melting it. I think I'll try that.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Love peanut butter - I haven't had it in a while but somebody suggested putting a TB in oatmeal! I'm definitely gonna try that cause I eat oatmeal every morning!

If you're feeling really decadent sprinkle about half a Tbsp of mini chocolate chips on top after you stir the peanut butter in. It's totally worth the extra 40 calories:wink:

That sounds good! I might have to chop up a dark chocolate square and put that with pb in some oatmeal tomorrow.
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is so good it deserves its own thread.

How do you like to eat your peanut butter?

Lately I have been slicing a pear and eating it with 1 tablespoon of PB.

nom.gif

Never would have thought to eat PB with a pear! I'm trying that tomorrow. I adore PB! In moderation, of course! Mostly I like it with apples, english muffins, celery.
  • dwurth2
    dwurth2 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PB with tuna salad!! Yum!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I put a bit on a muffin and microwave it so it melts a bit.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Do you guys eat it every single day? I do. :blushing:

That or almond butter, absolutely! Healthiest fats there are.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    after a workout like cardio kickboxing or zumba its a life saver for me.

i eat it in the morn sometimes on low sodium ezekiel toast

i use it in my shakeology shakes

or sometimes just a good ol' fashion pbj, yum. my fave. but i try not to eat those awful much.
  • xdaysbingefree
    xdaysbingefree Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    two tablespoons in my oatmeal every morning <3 soooo good
  • jstaeh41
    Options
    I can't believe all the great ideas that include pb f yeah
  • LadyPacis
    LadyPacis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Used to eat it spread on rice cakes all the time. So yummy.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Two words...Nutter Butter. Unfortunately, marshmallow cream is off limits. However, I just discovered that Walden Farms makes a marshmallow dip. Hmmmmm, I think I am going to have to check that out. Spread a little of that on a Joseph's low carb pita with some smart balance PB. That's what I'm talking about!!!!
  • lindawayne11
    lindawayne11 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Nearly eat it everday...1 tablespoon with sliced apples or on a banana. Love it :)
  • smash0719
    Options
    Glad to see so many peanut butter aficionados!

My lates fave : a shmear of peanut butter on a graham cracker, topped with oats, dark chocolate chips and walnuts. <Drool>

And yes, at least a teaspoon everyday!
  • Guitarjon
    Guitarjon Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I absolutly love peanut butter. Quite like it mashed up with banana or brown toast. Although, I do often eat it from the spoon.

I know it has a lot of healthy fats in it but I always imagined it would have more protien. The stuff I have been buying is in a huge tub from costco. Its called skippy crunch peanut butter and it is mega dense in calories. One tablespoon is aroun 100 calories. Is this a bad peanut butter?

In the past I have bough organic peanut butter but this skippy stuff tasts great. Does it sound healthy or not? I have been eating it when my daily calories are looking a bit low.
  • bloory7
    Options
    Anyone ever eat a peanut butter and maple syrup sandwich? It's divine. Only once in a while though.
  • rubyosburn
    rubyosburn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Aww the joy of pb on a granola thin, pb and nanner, pb and toast, pb in a smoothie, there are so many ways to love pb :love:
  • hs0829
    Options
    I too, love peanut butter - creamy and I found a new peanut butter that is a powder and you mix it with water. It's called PB2 and I think it's wonderful and very low calorie.They also have a chocolate PB2. 2T has the following: 52.2 calories, 1.2 g fat, .46g saturated fat, less than ,01g trans fat, cholesterol less than 1g, 59.9g sodium, 6.0 total carbs, 1g fiber, 3.65 sugars, 3.85g protein.
    Here is the website address: http://www.bellplantation.com/
    I LOVE this stuff! I only mix up what I am going to eat right away as it doesn't keep that long after you mix in the water but that means there is nothing in there that isn't natural or good for you. Check it out! :happy: :happy:

I have this at home too. It taste great. I haven't tried the Chocolate version but the PB version is really good. I purchased my jar from Amazon for about $8. A little pricey but worth it. I don't eat PB too often due to the calories but this way I can enjoy the flavor minus the calories.