STARVING! But why?!

Options
2»

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me some days, if I am hungry I just eat.... my body is asking, I need to listen
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have had it when eating 3,000 calories a day. and not had it when eating 1,500. the body is a very strange thing. I had it more when I first started losing weight, and then again really bad when I first RAISED my calories to maintenance and again when bulking. If you just can't deal..... find something pretty low calorie like a simple broth soup... for me it was sauer kraut and pickles. yes loads of sodium, but it was crunchy and very low calorie.
  • anchorageb2
    anchorageb2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Well being a vegetarian your calories are being consumed by nuts,legumes, cheese and grains. You still need to eat enough ofthese to keep your proteins up so you do not digest muscle but eat enough of the fruits and vegetables to fill the rest. If you think your diet is pretty balanced and you still feel hungry and its not from boredom you should figure out what you are craving so you take supplements. I know all my constant cravings every time I look them up say I am lacking in calcium.

Remember as long as you are staying constant to what you are suppose to be doing for 90% of the time or more it will not hurt to have a day you eat more. You may coming down with a flu or your body thinks it is time to stock up during your down time.
  • chicklidell
    Options
    exercise, especially in excess can definitely supress the appetite..that being said..my off day...really don't have one..by off means 1 day a week I don't lift weights but Ido cardio every day..i'm always hungrier! every single one of them...I always make my off day my highest calorie day..I zig zag my calories, and sundays are no weights, high calorie...I like it that way!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I'd rather not open my diary, but I prepare everything I eat, no prepacked stuff, the only exception being whey protein I take as I'm vegetarian.

no worries, it might be worth noting in your diary days you feel especially hungry, see if there are certain foods that work bettter for you. today I had pretty much the same cals and macros, same portions of fruit & veg as yesterday and didnt feel hungry all day, I had oatmeal for breakfast and chilli for dinner today compared to fruit and yogurt for breakfast, mozzarella and hummus salad for dinner yesterday.
  • JanLaiche
    Options
    That was me today! I woke up at 3:30 am (not purposely), and I was hungry ALL day. My stomach was growling an hour after I ate breakfast! Tried to keep myself at least in the box and hit about 1650 cals instead of the 1420 I should have and I didn't exercise at all today. Here's planning a better day tomorrow....
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yeah i definitely have days where i struggle to meet my calorie goal and find myself looking around my cupboards for a quick 500 calories. usually on those days i end up far below my calorie goal.

then other days i'm like a bottomless pit. it all evens out though at the end of the week so i dont worry about it too much.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm typically hungrier the day after a hard workout........