Addicted to Subway! :-)

Options

Replies

• Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I Love Subway too:heart: !! If I had a choice of fast food subway would always be #1 on my list and it is. I cant get my hubby to eat it as often as I want it tho :grumble: ..oh well. My favorite there is the oven roasted chicken on honey oat with extra veges no sauce :)...I want one now!!! :laugh:
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I love the new flatbread. Buffalo chicken, turkey ham, club, if im feeling frisky: chicken bacon ranch or pizza but HOLAY theres tons of calories in the ranch dressing! According to the website 300 something calories for 2oz. No joke!!

mmm... now I want a sub! My 3 year old loves them too :) Much better than McD's ;)
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Other then the veggies, subway is ALL JUNK. The bread is 280 calories just for a 6 inch and is loaded with cheap starches and fertilizer bi-products. The meats and cheeses are very processed and loaded with sodium. A sub there can easily top 1000 calories if you have dressing meat and cheese on there, even a salad can be pushing it. Why waste $5 on a salad anyway when you can make one at home for much cheaper that is WAY healthier?

:yawn:

Subway 4-5 days a week. Footlong chicken on wheat with cheese, veg, & dressing.

That junk helped me lose these 83lbs. How's your progress coming?
  • xxDenisexx
    xxDenisexx Posts: 34
    Options
    Love subway too,
    I go for 6" chicken tikka without cheese and lettuce,cucumber and onion
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Other then the veggies, subway is ALL JUNK. The bread is 280 calories just for a 6 inch and is loaded with cheap starches and fertilizer bi-products. The meats and cheeses are very processed and loaded with sodium. A sub there can easily top 1000 calories if you have dressing meat and cheese on there, even a salad can be pushing it. Why waste $5 on a salad anyway when you can make one at home for much cheaper that is WAY healthier?

Hey good for you for losing the weight. If it fits within your calorie goals go for it. I personally think eating out 4-5 days a week is a massive waste of money though. I lost 60 pounds myself, so it's not my first rodeo.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

d7EHrkB.jpg
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Hey good for you for losing the weight. If it fits within your calorie goals go for it. I personally think eating out 4-5 days a week is a massive waste of money though. I lost 60 pounds myself, so it's not my first rodeo.

I love rodeos.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

d7EHrkB.jpg

Lol

ETA: I love Subway, as well. And, I think if you are eating on the run it's a great alternative to all the other places I USED to stop at!! People in the business world tend to eat out more often, and I would think it would get difficult to always force yourself to make the right choices at a lot of the restaurants. Anywho, that's my two cents!! GO SUBWAY! :drinker:
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I loveee subway! I get one if I've forgotten to make my own lunch for work, and I pass one of the way to work so I just grab one.
    I always get the same, but the bread changes!
    6" Veggie patty on any bread I feel like, with cheese, lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumber, and light mayo. I think it's about 320 calories, that's what I've been told anyway.
    Yummy lunch!
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I loveee subway! I get one if I've forgotten to make my own lunch for work, and I pass one of the way to work so I just grab one.
    6" Veggie patty on any bread I feel like, with cheese, lettuce, tomato, peppers, cucumber, and light mayo. I think it's about 320 calories, that's what I've been told anyway.
    Yummy lunch!

This is definetly more then 320 calories. The bread alone is 280, and the cheese is 40 cal a slice. Don't know about the patty.
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Totally. I always get pretty much the same thing; it's my fav. 6 inch on Honey Oat - Cold Cut Combo w/ ALL the veggies, pepper jack cheese and no mayo - just honey mustard. It's about 490 calories. And worth every single one. :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    i used to love subway but found out the stuff they put into the bread (stuff they put into fertiliser) yuuuck.
    Hmmm, do you have a source to back up this claim?

I've always thought Subway was decent, but do appreciate it even more now when I really need an easy, healthy meal. I usually stick to turkey with tons of veggies and a small splash of honey mustard.
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Subway!!!My favourite is 6inches italian with breast chicken lettuce onion sweetcorn and bbq sauce...mmm yum!!!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i dont go to subway
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I love subway too! I love getting the tuna salad salad with extra everyithing and lots of jalapenos! YUMMY!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    6 in oven roasted chicken on wheat with lots of veggies! YES!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I used to have subway, but the only subs I like are the chicken bacon ranch and the melt, so it's really not that great for ya.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I think they''re ok. With that said I get a 6in turkey on wheat with cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, black olives and, jalapenos.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yummy lunch!

This is definetly more then 320 calories. The bread alone is 280, and the cheese is 40 cal a slice. Don't know about the patty.

Ah, well I asked the person who made it and they told me that the italian bread was 220cal, the patty was (can't really remember now, think they said 80~ cal) and cheese was 40cal, light mayo was 20cal. Obviously my maths is awful :') I didn't really count it properly before!
    I'll see if they have the info on their website.
  • princessnik7
    princessnik7 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My 10 yo daughter loves subway, I'm just not a fan since i discovered Firehouse Subs and Larry's Giant Subs.